September 3rd [ Sungjong Birthday Fic ]

September 3rd [ Sungjong Birthday Fic ]

“September 3rd,” Sungjong thought to himself as he laid in his bed, “My birthday is today isn’t it? I wonder if anyone else bothered to remember it.”

Sungjong just laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling. It was 7 in the morning, and everything was quiet. For seven good years, he has always celebrated his birthday alone. This year wasn’t going to be any different, even though he has 6 other hyungs.

Sungjong did have some hope though. Maybe this year would be different after all. He has 6 other people who love him, right? Sungjong put a small smile on his face and got up from his bed. He threw his legs over his bed, and hopped down off his bunk bed. He threw on a new pair of pant and a new shirt and headed towards the door.

Sungjong opened the door to see that Myungsoo was sitting on the couch, along with Hoya and Dongwoo. He turned his head towards the kitchen to see Woohyun in there. He heard a door open next to him. It was Sungyeol coming out of the bathroom. They didn’t seem like today was anything special, it seemed like another day for them. Sungjong felt a little disappointed. He felt like the boys he has been living with for more than a year, don’t even care about his birthday. When it was Sungyeol’s birthday, they all went out to h celebrate.

Did any of them bother to remember? Sungjong told them that his birthday was on September 3rda week ago. I guess it didn’t matter that much to them.

-

Today was a busy day. They had to go and perform on Music Bank today. They were performing Be Mine remix. 

Sungjong just looked around, a bit saddened. He then looked up when he heard a voice.

“Is something wrong Jongie?”

He looked up to see Myungsoo looking at him. His head was tilted to the left a bit, but he still wore a straight face. Everyone else around him was glued to the t.v., unaware of his presence.

“I…it’s nothing.” He sauntered and walked off to the bathroom.  Sungjong was hiding a small blush. Myungsoo’s eyes followed the younger boy.

“Why is it that whenever Myungsoo looks or talks to me, I feel this way….” He falls backwards, putting his back against the door, and covered his face with his hands.

“His face, his voice, his body…… WAIT, what am I thinking about.” Sungjong shook his head furiously before walking in front of the mirror. He stared at himself, dark orbs staring back at him. He shook his head one more time, before bending down to splash water on his face.

Sungjong spent a good 30 minutes in the bathroom, washing up, putting on makeup, and doing his hair. He soon walked out of the bathroom to see that everyone was gone.

“Where did they go?” Sungjong looked around a bit. He turned to the empty kitchen. “Oh well, it doesn’t probably doesn’t even matter anyways. They all left me without even telling me.”

Sungjong started walking towards his room when he saw something on the coffee table. It was a little piece of paper with a note on it. He picked it up and started to read it.

-

Dear Jongie,

We all went to the studio to go practice a bit.

Come down as soon as you’re done!

<3,

L


-

Sungjong clenched the paper tightly in his hands. He felt a slight relief that L would even leave him a note to tell him. He put on a small smile on his face before heading to his bedroom to get changed.

-

They all practiced for 2 hours. They spent another hour showering, getting ready, and having some free time before leaving to Music Bank.

-

They all arrived at Music Bank at around 3:00. They did their routine of sound check on stage and getting ready in the dressing rooms.
Sungjong was with his hairdresser.

“Omo! Isn’t it your birthday today?!”

“Yea..haha.” Sungjong let out a forced laugh.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” She let out a big squeal and gave him a big hug. Sungjong felt a little warmth in his heart that someone remembered his birthday. He couldn’t help but to smile and give her a hug back. After releasing the hug, she gave him a big smile before going back on
finishing his hair.

-

They all performed Be Mine. The crowd was great. All the fans cheered for them. Sungjong put on a forced smile when they all finished performing and waved good-bye before heading off stage.

All the sadness was building up inside of him. He felt like his tears were trying to push their way out of his eyes, but he used all his power to keep them in.

-

They all headed towards their van. Filling the van one by one, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Woohyun took the very back seats. Hoya, Myungsoo, and himself took the middle row. Sunggyu sat in the front like always. Sungjong had a window seat, and next to his was Myungsoo.

On the ride back home, everyone was sleeping except for Sungjong. All he did was stare out the window, looking out at the dark world out of the window. He let out a small sigh, to make sure no one would wake, but someone shifted next to him as he did.

“What’s wrong?”

Sungjong was a bit surprised. He thought everyone was asleep. He slowly turned his head, only to have his eyes looking straight into Myungsoo’s.

“Oh…nothing!”

“Are you sure? You seem to be depressed this whole day.”

“Yea! I’m positive! Just…a bad stomach all day, that’s all.”

“Oh… I see. Well you are stick-thin. And I rarely see you eat.” When we get home make sure you eat okay?”

“Ne.” Sungjong then turned his head back towards the window. He was thankful it was dark inside the car, or else Myungsoo would have
seen the big blush plastered on his face. Myungsoo was a bit worried, but eventually fell asleep.

-

They all filed out of the car, heading into their dorm. Sungjong was the last one to get out. When he stepped outside, he saw that Myungsoo was waiting for him in front of the door. Everyone else left inside, why did he stay? He made his way up the steps and to Myungsoo. Myungsoo gave him a small smile and opened the door, letting Sungjong go in first. Sungjong was a bit confused at his hyung’s actions. Why was he being so nice to him. Everyone was ignoring him, why wasn’t he?

-

“SUNGJONG!” Sunggyu shouted for the maknae. “Can you come here for a minute?”

Sungjong sighed and slowly made his way towards Sunggyu. When he arrived he saw something in his hands. When he got closer, he saw that it was a present, neatly wrapped and a big bow on top. Sungjong was a bit happy when he saw it. “Sunggyu-hyung didn’t forget my birthday!” Sungjong thought to himself. He walked up to Sunggyu with a smile on his face, a bit excited.

“Ah, Sungjong!”

“Ne Sunggyu-hyung?” still a bit excited.

“I have a little surprise. You see this box?”

“Ne~”

‘Well, can you hide it for me? Its Sungyeol’s birthday present. I was suppose to give it to him, but I forgot, and is kind of late to give it to him now.”

Sungjong felt his heart drop. He felt like bursting out into tears now. How could his leader be so stupid.

“I…I guess.” His voice was a bit quiet. Sunggyu handed him the box and smiled at him. Sungjong only returned with a forced smile.

Sunggyu rubbed his head and ran off into his room. Sungjong was just standing there, looking down at the present. He wanted to throw it against the wall so bad. This made him feel even worse.

“I guess no one does care about me.”

He slowly made his way into his room, carefully hiding the present away from Sungyeol. He then walked out of his room to see that everyone was sitting in front of the t.v.

“Why does it hurt so much? Why can’t they acknowledge my being?” Sungjong thought in his mind, a tear finally escaping from his eyes. He finally hit rock bottom. His feelings were starting to burst out. He could feel the rush of tears about to fall out of his eyes.

Myungsoo who was silently watching Sungjong finally spoke.

“Sungjong. What’s wrong?”

Sungjong couldn’t stand to here his voice anymore.

“NOTHING!” he shouted, which finally caught everyone’s attention. He was shocked himself that he shouted, and started to tear up again.
He then soon ran out the front door, into the night.

‘SUNGJONG!” Myungsoo called out to him, but he was too late. Everyone just sat there shocked at the whole event.

-

Sungjong ran and ran and ran until he made his way to the playground. He stopped and dropped onto his knees, crying. The sounds of sobbing were filling the night. The air was cool, which made Sungjong uncomfortable when the cold wind would brush against his damp face.

Sungjong couldn’t take it anymore. 7 years of being ignored has finally taken a toll on him. He sat in the sand and gravel, crying his heart out. He managed to get up and made his way to the swings, brushing off the sand off his clothes. He wiped his tear-stained face. He sleeve was now soaked in his tears.

The sobs slowly continued. Sungjong was hanging his head down, staring at the sand, watching as his tears fell into the sand, making it damp. His eyes were red and stuffy, his nose a bit filled with mucus.

“Why. Why does this have to happen to me. No one has ever acknowledged my presence, and I don’t think anyone ever will. I don’t even see why I’m still in this band…..”

At those words, he felt arms wrap around his neck. It pulled him backwards, only to be put into a hug.

“I acknowledge you.”

Sungjong slowly turned his head, to see Myungsoo hugging him from behind. Why was he here?

“And don’t say that you should leave the band. I will miss you. You mean everything to me.”

Sungjong felt his heart tense up at those words. He felt like crying even more.

Myungsoo releases his hug and walked around Sungjong to face him. He was carrying things in his hands.

“Happy Birthday Sungjong.” Myungsoo said and handed him a small box.

Sungjong’s tears stopped falling. He looked down to see the box. It was long and covered in soft velvet. He slowly opened it to reveal a heart shaped pendent. It was split in two. One side said M, the other S. It was a couple necklace, engraved with his and Myungsoo’s initials. Sungjong was surprised at the gift. He could feel the tears coming back. He then looked up at Myungsoo.

“W…why?”

“Because. It’s your birthday isn’t it? And……I love you.”

Sungjong’s eyes widened at the words “I love you”. He was a bit taken back from the forwardness of his hyung. He was always cool and concealed, not showing any emotions, let alone say them. Myungsoo face was flustered in a deep blush. His head was hung low, trying to hide his face away from the maknae. Sungjong could only smile at the cute antic.

Sungjong got up off the swing and jumped up to wrap his arms around Myungsoo. When he noticed Myungsoo wasn’t hugging back, he let go.

“Maybe I was a little too excited…” Sungjong regretted in his mind.

Myungsoo’s hands were behind his back. Once he saw that Sungjong backed up a little, he pulled out shi hands in front of him. He was holding a medium-sized white/brown bear with a small ribbon around its neck.

“I also got you this. I heard you have always wanted a teddy bear, so I went and got you one…” Myungsoo’s voice was a bit quiet. He could hear the awkward coming out of his mouth.

Sungjong couldn’t be happier. Emotions were flying around in his heart. He couldn’t even bother to speak. He wrapped his arms around

Myungsoo’s neck one more time, embracing the older in a tight, warming hug. Myungsoo wrapped his arms around the youngers slim waist, nuzzling his head in between the crook of his neck.

“I love you Lee Sungjong.” Myungsoo silently whispered into Sungjong’s ear.

Sungjong only held on tighter, tears falling from his eyes once again. Myungsoo could feel his shoulder dampen from the tears. He let out a small chuckle before pulling apart from the hug. Sungjong’s eyes were red and stained with tears. The tears were still rolling down his
plump, soft face. Myungsoo couldn’t stand seeing him like that.

He quickly lifted up Sungjong’s chin, and leaned in for a kiss. Their lips both lock onto each other’s. The softness from Myungsoo’s lips were enough to make Sungjong let out a soft moan. Myungsoo then pulled away from the kiss.

“Look at that, you stopped crying.” He teased, giving him an eye-smile. Myungsoo lifted his thumb, and wiped away the remaining tears softly that were left on Sungjong’s face. The soft, warm finger on his face made Sungjong tense up. He was never use to being treated like this. He finally knew what it felt like to be care for.

After a few moments, Sungjong opened the case with the necklaces in them, and picked up the ‘S’. He motioned Myungsoo to lower his head down so he could put it on him. Once it was one, Sungjong smiled. Myungsoo took the other half of the necklace and gently put it around Sungjong’s neck. Myungsoo had the S , Sungjong had the M.

Sungjong’s face was finally dried of tears. His face showed a smile, a smile full of warmth and love. Myungsoo was happy that it was him who could have done this to Sungjong. It was he who remembered his birthday; it was he who loved Sungjong.

Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Sungjong once more, pulling him closer. Sungjong gladly wrapped his arms around his neck.
Myungsoo gently placed his forehead on Sungjong’s.

“Happy Birthday Lee Sungjong.” Myungsoo gently whispered one more time. He then brought his head down for another kiss, their lips locked in place. Even though it was chilling outside, they both kept each other warm in their tight embrace.

Sungjong’s mind went blank. His heart soared in happiness. Words could not explain the feeling s he was feeling. All he could think to himself is that he loves Myungsoo.

Their lips retraced from each other.

“I love you Sungjong.”



“I love you too, Myungsoo.”

And at those words, they became lovers forever.  

 

-----

 

A/N : So what did you guys think ?

Poor Infinite ; being buttheads and forgetting their maknae's birthday D8 . But dawwh ; Myungsoo , pretending to forget ~ .

Subs and comments are always welcome ♥