Tension

The Enemy I Love

I had arrived to the building where Roommate would be filmed. I entered and there were many cameras around. One lady told me to follow her and everyone greeted me as I made my way. There was a chair in a room and a couple of cameras and lights facing the chair.

 

“Hello you must be Seo Kangjoon” one man smiled. I smiled back and walked towards the chair.

 

I have been excited ever since I found out that I would be on Roommate. I am so used to living with my other members but I also wanted to experience something new. I did get tired of eating Ramen all day and sleeping on the floor. The man told me to look into the camera.

 

“Hello my name is Seo KangJoon and I am a 22 year old actor from ‘Surprise’ agency” I got a little nervous but went on about myself to let the audience know a little more about me. “Some friend at school said. ‘hey, the juniors think you’re a vitamin.’ After break, they would say would come up and recharge” Everyone in the room laughed which made me feel a little better. “People don't think I look exactly like someone by the first look. But they do say I look like someone they know, like Kim JaeWon, Song Joongki, Lee Jaehoon and Park Hyunbin.” I went on about my past life. “I studied abroad for a bit . I went to Malaysia for about 2 years and came when i was in High School.”


 

I arrived at the house the next morning with my luggage behind me. Finally moving in, I thought. I enter and already see some roommates.

 

“Oh hello” I said surprised seeing them already.

 

“We’re sharing the same room” says Minwoo. He was tall(er) and had cute dimples around his lips. He looked like a flower boy like me.

 

“oh really?” I smiled politely, hoping things would go well between us.

 

We enter the house and “you guys really do look like Park Hyunbin and So Sungmo” Sungwoo greets us. We laugh “come in, come in.” I push in my stuff and luggage. “Your room is on the first floor, over there.” Pointing straight ahead, past the couches says Sungwoo.

 

“I’ll show you, follow me. “ Soohyun offers to help. I enter the room and see that there are two bunkbeds. The top one has an England flag and dull blue sheets and the bottom one seemed to be a little messy. I figured Minwoo had taken the bottom one which means I go on top. Other than that, the room seems comfy. Better than what i lived in back at the dorm.

 

“leave your stuff, we are going grocery shopping later” says, Soohyun.

 

“oh really, okay.” I was excited to meet the other roommates but this is out of my comfort zone as well. She walks out and i almost forget my wallet. Get it together KangJoon. Not the best impression for a pretty noona.. I look back at he room one last time and as i am about to  head out, Minwoo comes in.

 

“you like it?” he asks looking around.

 

‘yeah, it’s pretty nice.”

 

“Oh, uhm… do you want the top or bottom?”

 

I looked back at the beds and he seems to have gotten settled on the bottom. “It doesn’t matter.” I wanted the bottom. “is the bottom comfortable for you?”

 

“I- “ He gets interrupted when Soo Hyun enters.

 

“I think i will visit often” she giggles. I look back at Minwoo and shake his head as we depart out the room. All of a sudden Soo Hyun says, “You’re very handsome” That took me aback a bit but I was pleased.

 

Embarrassed i just replied, “Thank you.” Soohyun calls me back to her and asked,

 

“Do you want something to drink?” She took me aback again. It made me nervous but flattered. From the corner of my eye i saw Minwoo akwarly smile at me and walks away.

 

“no i am fine.”

 

“you sure?”

 

“Yes.” Minwoo goes upstairs while Soo hyun and I are left alone , of course Nana and Se Ho’s pictures are there with us.I sit down and look around again, amazed at how pretty this house is.

 

“So do you like it?” Soo Hyun asks me.

 

“yes, it’s neat.” I felt a little more comfortable with Noona. “You have to see our boarding house. I live in a boarding house.”

 

“actors live in boarding houses, too” she asked.

 

“Five actors all gathered together.” I told her, almost annoyed by the way i used to live.

 

“Sounds like fun” ehhhh, not really Soo Hyun.

 

Finally we start to head out for the store. “Kang Joon, check for grocery stores on your phone.” Minwoo tells me.

 

“I don’t have a phone.”

 

“Why?” Soo Hyun asks.

 

“We don’t use cell phones.” I see both Soo Hyun and Minwoo stare at each other. Yeah I don’t have a phone, so?


 

In the car ride, we get to know each other a little more. Minwoo turns out to be 27, he looks really young though. I hear Soo Hyun and Minwoo talking about their careers. I just sit back trying not to interfere but they were starting to get more talkative. “You also did a movie with Jung Kyeo Woon?” I took this opportunity to talk to her. I remembered seeing her on running man so I brought it up, hoping to make her heart skip a beat.

 

“You know I’ve always wanted to meet you.” Smooth Kangjoon. “Ever since I saw you on Running Man.”

 

We arrive to the grocery store and right away Sungwoo gives us orders on what to buy. “Come on let’s go” Says Soo Hyun. She surprised me when she suddenly linked her arm around mines. I can feel Minoo’s eyes drilling holes in the back of my head with his eyes. No matter how accomplished I felt, it surprised me a lot and it made me feel awkward.

 

“So how long has it been since you’ve been grocery shopping?” I think she felt the awkwardness too.

 

“For me it’s been over four years” I went along. “We hardly ever eat meals at the boarding house.”

 

“Then this should be memorable for you.” Soohyun left me wondering what she really meant by that. We converse trying to block the awkwardness. Thankfully it went away and while shopping, she would feed me and I would feed her. It felt like a date which of course, why would i complain?

 

Back at the house I see more roommates have come and they start helping with the groceries as well. It was starting to feel more like home. I was so excited to see what would happen between my roommates. Those who were there all came to the kitchen and helped put the groceries in their place. People even noticed that Soohyun and I got closer, I can’t complain again.

 

Once we finished cooking, we gathered and got to know each other more. I sat in front of Minwoo and next to Nana. I kept looking back at Nana, she was so young and pretty. We then introduced ourselves and it was my turn. “Hello. I’m a new actor, Seo Kangjoon and I’m 22 years old”. While eating, it would easily get awkward.

 

“He looks very mature” Nana suddenly says, almost making me spit out my food. Are all the girls falling for me?

 

“Everyone says I look old for my age. Wherever I go” I continued the conversation.

 

“Nana, You’re older than Kangjoon then.” Seho adds in.

 

“Yes” we reply simultaneously. “I’m two years older than him” Nana adds on. All I could think of was, age doesn’t matter to me. *wink wink*

 

Soohyun asks, “Have you ever dated older women?”

 

“Yes, I have.” And I am proud, too. Sungwoo said that Minwoo and I wanted to meet Soohyun the most because she was an actress too. Even though Minwoo is my roommate, I felt some tension between us.

 

“What do you think about a woman like me?” Nana asks abruptly. I don’t know what’s going on but I like it. The conversation at dinner was awkward and very blunt. Of course it was nice to know the ladies liked me, it was a bonus that I was a little better than Minwoo.

 

Going back to the room, Minwoo and I get to know each other more. We talked and it changed my view on him. The tension between us slowly went away. “Seems like everyone likes you.” Minwoo joked.

 

“Oh it’s nothing, they like you too.” I replied trying to be polite. “You know I was really excited to be your roommate. I have seen your dramas and I looked up to you.” I said honestly.

 

He tried to hide his smile but couldn’t which made him seem adorable. “Same here, it’s nice to share a room with someone who has the same interest.” Sungwoo calls us out to go outside so we follow him.

 

I saw he had a helicopter so the three of us decided to  play with it but  Sungwoo lost it, great. It was fun playing around with the guys. The highlight of the night: breaking the pool table… in front of Soohyun. Damn it Kangjoon, way to go.


We all went to our rooms to wash up and sleep. Minwoo went inside the bathroom so I took this opportunity to say a few words. I moved in front of the camera. “Hello, everyone. Today was my first day to enter this house. It was very awkward at first, but I think it will be really comfortable later. I look forward to what might happen tomorrow.” I was about to say goodnight but I remembered Minwoo giving me a hat. “And minwoo have me this hat that I have one right now,” For some reason, I clutched it hard as almost I did not want to let go. “Aren’t jealous?” I joked. I remembered my members as well, “Hey you guys… are you doing well? I am sorry, sleep well.”

 

 

 

A/N uhhh... eh? I do not want to bore you guys out since i am basically repeating the episode. If you guys have any ideas please tell me! I will add more scenes when I can to make the story go well between their love... because they are in love, it's obvious they want to get married *w* hehehe. Please tell me what you guys think and what I should improve one. Love you guys~ -Bambi