You Give Me Your Star, I Give You My Galaxy

You Give Me Your Star, I Give You My Galaxy

 

Yifan smiles behind his helmet as he sees familiar building around him. It has been a year since he left his hometown after his graduation last year. Without much difficulty, his parents gave him their permisson when he asked if he can go on a travel before he decides what to do with his life. And now, even thought his parents don't live here anymore as they decided to travel too like he did, he misses his hometown and his friends. The thought of visiting his old neighborhood just popped up suddenly one day and he decided to just follow his heart. And because of that and without much planning, he finally reached the neighborhood in the middle of the night.

 

He slows down his motorbike as he looks around the shopping part of the town. It is just because it has only been a year or it is because it just been a year that nothing much has changed around his neighborhood. The coffee shop that he used to hangout with his friends is still there but the exterior is a little bit different. It is more cheerful with colors everywhere, unlike before where there were only two colors decorate the shop, black and darkness. He shakes his head as he remembers that the reason he and the guys visited the shop just because the cool kids hangout there and they wanted to be one too. The shop only serves coffee, no tea or other drinks, a variety of coffee and he doesn't even like coffee and was going to stop visiting. But it was too late as one of his friends become a coffee mania and he and the other guys were being forced to come with because, quoting the coffee mania, "Best friends die together and drink coffee together."

 

He smiles as he passes the car workshop, the flower shop and the comic book store that didn't change a thing. He lets a relief sigh and make a mental note that he really need to find a place to stay for the night and visit the book store tomorrow. He sees a bridge in the distance as the rows of shops have reached it ends. The bridge separates the shopping part of the town and the housing part of the town and he needs to cross it to get to the destination in his head. He reaches the bridge and nod as he likes what he sees. The brigde has become more beautiful and cleaner with small lights decorate it on both sides and it is totally the opposite of what he remembers how it looks like a year ago. It is like someone had demolish the old one and built this piece of beauty.

 

Yifan was reaching the middle of the bridge when he saw something odd near the railing. As he comes closer, he notices the odd thing is a person that is sitting dangerously on the railing. He immediately stop, quickly get off his motorbike and was going toward the person when suddenly, the person climbs down from the railing and stare at the distance. He watches as the person trying to catch the night wind with his hands. The person doesn't seem to notice his presence even thought he is standing just a few feet from him. After a few minutes without nothing happen, he decides to head back to his motorbike and continue his journey, before a scream stopped his step.

 

"Stupid, Min hyung! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

 

Yifan blinks as he trying to understand what is happening but before he could approach the person, he heard another scream.

 

"You promised so I won't do it! You better keep your promise! Stupid hyung!"

 

Yifan slowly back away as he thinks it is best to let the person has his moment, whatever the moment is, and get on his motorbike, starting the engine and ride away, to the destination he originally wanted to go. After a few turns and corners, he finally reach his destination and park his motorbike. He looks up and stare at the simple signboard of the building. "Monkey's Bar." He smiles as he pushes the door, entering the small bar. Even with dimmed light, he still can see a few customers that are in it, having conversation among themselves as they enjoying their drinks. He looks around and grin as he spots the person he was searching for. He walks toward the bar and pull out a stool, taking a seat and stare at a small back that is cleaning the other side of the bar countertop.

 

He glances at his wrist watch. 1.30. It has been five minutes since he arrived and sat but the bartender still didn't notice his presence. The stain on the countertop must be a hard one as the guy still has his back facing him. He smiles before clearing his throat.

 

"Ehem. Waiter."

 

He watches as the bartender straighten his back, before letting an annoying sigh.

 

"I'm a bartender, not a waiter. How can..."

 

Yifan grins widely as the bartender lost his words when the guy saw him and raise a hand.

 

"Yo!"

 

"Yifan! What in the world... When did you get here?!"

 

He watches as the bartender throws away the washcloth and coming straight right at him with a smile so wide it almost covered the guy's whole face. He holds out his hand for a handshake but instead he being pulled for a hug across the countertop. He lets the bartender squishes him into a very tight hug but as it is getting him harder to breath, he pats the guy's back as a sign to let him go. He sits back and watch as the bartender pours him a glass of water.

 

"You dragon! Why didn't you tell me that you were coming?"

 

Yifan smiles as he hasn't heard that nickname of his being called for a long time and take a sip of the cold water before meeting the bartender's eyes.

 

"It just a sudden thought, Minseok. I feel I like I miss you and the other guys and the town and before I knew it, I'm already here."

 

He takes another sip of water and shake his head when Minseok shows him a bottle of beer. He points to a small bowl not far from him that has some leftover popcorn in it and wait as the bartender that is also his best friend prepares a new one for him.

 

"So, what is going on with you? Where have you been? Did you really travel around the world like you said you would?"

 

Minseok's words made Yifan remembers the day of their graduation last year. He, Minseok and their classmates were saying goodbye and best wishes to each other when suddenly he made his friends stop from whatever they were doing and look at him as he told them he is going away to travel the world. Some questioned his decision, saying that the world is much bigger than he thinks, and he couldn't survive on his own, and the other parts of the world didn't do anything wrong as they don't deserve the punishment that is him invading their peaceful life but not Minseok. He turned to Minseok after flicking the guy that was saying the last comment when he felt a pat on his back. "A dragon could do anything." 

 

He takes a piece of the popcorn in front of him before meeting with Minseok's eyes. He nods, telling his best friend that he kind-of traveling the world as he only visited three countries for the past year. He notices Minseok's eyes getting wider as he keeps telling his adventure like that one time, when he experienced catching a cow and learnt how to turn it into steak. Or the time he became a model for a day because the original model was too drunk to perform or the recent one where he saved a kid from a fire but turned out it was a movie set and he ruined a perfectly good scene.

 

"So?"

 

Yifan furrows his brows, not understand why the word being said. He looks down and see Minseok's hand opening and closing.

 

"My souvenir. Don't I get one?"

 

The words hit him and he shakes. He really didn't buy anything for the guy as his visit to his hometown was totally unplanned. He searches his body and stop when his hand on his pants pocket. He takes out his motorbike key and stare at the keychain hanging from it. He smiles as he separates the keychain from the key and hand it to Minseok. He watches as the guy examines the thing on his hand.

 

"What is this supposed to be?"

 

"It's a baozi."

 

"What? How this purple thing a baozi? And why are you giving it to me?"

 

"It is yam-flavored baozi. I made it all by myself while back at this one town and you can have it as your souvenir because I didn't bought your any."

 

He watches Minseok looking at the keychain suspiciously and nod when he heard the guy muttered a thank you. He takes a sip of his water and pop another piece of popcorn into his mouth.

 

"So, how about you? What happen in your life?"

 

Yifan hears a chuckle before Minseok excuses himself as he has a customer he needs to attend to. He watches the small back walking around, grabing a glass and making a drink. He was surprised when Minseok told him on the phone that he has become a bartender at the local bar and is going to learn everything before continuing his study. He really thought the guy would apply for a job at a certain coffee shop as his best friend almost an addict of that drink. He greets Minseok with a smile when the guy finally heading back to him.

 

"So, where were we?"

 

"You. What happen with your life? Have you found someone yet? Or, you already married without telling me? What about our friends?"

 

"Nothing exciting that worth telling you about happen in my life. Haven't found someone yet so of course I am not a married man. Your are the most likely person to get married without telling me. Our friends are still the same, but oh! Luhan! He texted me that he got accepted to a company and is on his way to become a idol."

 

Yifan agrees as Minseok keeps telling him about their best friend, Luhan. That guy really love dancing and singing and with that pretty face of his, the deer-like male will definitely become a great idol. He laughs when Minseok told him about why he didn't apply for a job at the coffee shop. Apparently, the owner changed and the new one is aiming for a friendlier place instead of a coffee shop that feels like they were living underground with no light whatsoever. His best friend likes the underground feeling and that is why he apply to be a bartender instead. Although the feeling isn't the same, it is still kind of dark and he likes it.

 

"Oh! Did you see the bridge?"

 

Yifan nods.

 

"The town people gathered and cleaned it. I chose the lights, you know."

 

He nods at the statement as it is possible for Minseok to do that as his parents are quiet influential in their town. He tries to remember how the lights look like but the bridge made him remember another thing he saw.

 

"I think the railing should be raise. I saw a guy sitting on it and I thought he was going to jump from it but luckily he didn't. If not, I wouldn't be here right now."

 

Yifan pops another piece of popcorn and notice Minseok's eyes become widen at his words. He tilts his head, trying to find a wrong in his words when he heard a sigh coming from the guy across him.

 

"Did you see how the guy looks like?"

 

He stares straight at Minseok as he tries to remember about the said person but he shrugs as the only thing he remembers is the screaming part.

 

"I didn't see his face but he was yelling, how a guy named Min is stupid and to better keep his promise."

 

Yifan furrows as he hears chuckles from Minseok, wondering what is so funny about the thing he just said. He wanted to ask more but couldn't have the chance when Minseok pushes his body to a side, craning his neck to look at the entrance of the bar. He notices a smile formed on the guy's face and and turn, following Minseok's line of sight and see a small male walking toward him and Minseok.

 

Yifan blinks a couple of times, trying to understand what is happening. He is in a bar where the lights are so dimmed that the monthly electric bill of the joint probably lower than his gas money but he can see the male's face clearly. He notices the dark, raven hair and how it made the male's pale skin even paler. He notices the clear forehead that is being covered by a few strands of hair. He notices the eyes that turn into cresent as the male taking another step closer. He unconciously swallow as his eyes fall on the red lips of the small male that is now sitting beside him.

 

"Hyung! There is a cool motorbike parked outside! Who do you think the owner is? Oh! Can I buy a bike like that for my present? It is so cool!"

 

"No, you can't. You don't even have a license. How are you going to ride it?"

 

"But you do! You can ride it and I will sit at the back! Oh! Or, or, I can get one! It is not that difficult, isn't it?"

 

Yifan listens quietly to the conversation of the two people as he couldn't move his gaze from the male beside him. He still couldn't understand how in the world that he can see clearly every part of the pale male's face under the dimmed lights. He doesn't know how long he was staring at the pale male but a pinch on his hand made him realized that he isn't alone with the male and his best friend is still with him.

 

He rubs the sore spot on his hand while looking up at Minseok, wondering why the guy did what he did and was going to do the same but was stopped when he saw a small headshake from the guy.

 

"Didn't I tell you not to sit on the railing anymore? Why did you do it anyway?"

 

Yifan's eyes widen at Minseok's words. He turns to his side where he sees the pale male's eyes fluttering in disbelief.

 

"That... I... but... I just sit! I didn't do anything else!"

 

"Then, what about calling me stupid?"

 

Yifan wanted to chuckle but he had to suppress it as he sees the pale male's mouth gape open, before closing it in a hurry. He notices the male's eyes wandering around the bar, as if trying to find a way to escape the situation, before a sigh was heard and the male bowing his head to Minseok, muttering a soft sorry toward the guy. He couldn't help feeling guilty when he heard the pale male asked Minseok how did he know what had happened and can only smile when Minseok told him that he has his sources. His eyes meet with the pale male's when Minseok mentioned his name and his lips pointing at him.

 

"The motorbike is yours, hyung?"

 

Yifan jumps a little when he felt a warm hand touching his arm, before nodding slightly.

 

"That is so cool!"

 

He sees the pale male nodding at his own word and it makes Yifan looks down, where he sees a small hand gently caressing his arm, before looking back up at the owner of the hand. It seems like the male doesn't quite realize what he's doing as he continues his conversation with Minseok with his hand still brushing softly across his arm. He has his eyes fixed on the small yet warm hand on his arm that he doesn't realize Minseok was calling his name until the small hand squeezes his fingers gently.

 

"Hyung!"

 

Yifan blinks as he stares at the pale male. He hums a response and feel something tugging his heart when he saw a smile formed across him.

 

"Can I?"

 

Yifan tilts his head, not understanding the meaning of the words coming from the small mouth. He turns to Minseok, hoping the guy would give him the answer. He sees the guy rolling his eyes before letting a sigh.

 

"Joonmyeon wants to ride your motorbike. Can he?"

 

"Can I, hyung?"

 

Yifan's gaze shifts from Minseok to the pale male named Joonmyeon and their eyes meet in the straightest stare. He couldn't think as the face in front of him looks so hopeful and nod slightly. His eyes widen when the pale male suddenly leaned forward and hugged him, before pulling him to stand on his feet and tug his hand.

 

"Thank you! Let's go now, hyung!"

 

He was going to follow the pale male but was stopped when Minseok grabbed his other hand.

 

"Joonmyeon, you go first. I want to talk with Yifan for a moment."

 

"Okay!"

 

Yifan's eyes follow the pale male until he's disappear behind the door before turning to his side where he sees Minseok already standing beside him. His friend has his eyes fixed on the bar entrance before looking at him with a weak smile.

 

"Take care of him for me."

 

Yifan furrows. He and Joonmyeon just going for a ride so what does Minseok mean by that? He notices the weak smile turns into a longing look and nod.

 

"Of course."

 

Yifan glances over at Minseok when he reached the front door and see the guy waving at him and he waves back, before pushing the door open and see Joonmyeon already sitting on his motorbike, with hands on both handles. He smiles when Joonmyeon finally noticed him and walk toward his motorbike when the pale male waving at him, telling him to come closer. He waits for Joonmyeon to get down before inserting the key and turning on the engine. He chuckles as he keeps hearing the pale male praising his motorbike and the engine sound that it makes.

 

"So, do you have a place you want to go to?"

 

The pale male smiles and Yifan couldn't explain the tugging he feels inside him.

 

"No. Can we just ride around the neighborhood?"

 

He nods, climbing his motorbike and pat the seat behind. He waits as the pale male holds on to him while trying to get on the bike. He looks down at his waist when he felt something circling it and see a small pair of arms hugging him. He watches the fingers entwine as he feels the hug tighten and glance at his own hand that is on the handle. He never knew he has such a big hands before.

 

"Hyung, let's go!"

 

Yifan lets out a chuckle before turning the handle and start their journey. From the bar, he goes straight until he reaches a small mart. He smiles as the mart reminds him of the time when he skipped school without a reason. He just felt like he wants to skip school so he did. But he was stupid because he didn't change his uniform and the owner regocnize his school badge so the guy call his school and he got busted. He takes a left after the mart and turn right at the crossroad. He was going to keep riding when something tugging his shirt.

 

"Hyung, stop!"

 

He stops abruptly and quickly look around, to see why he was asked to stop but  he sees nothing. They are in the middle of the road without a single soul nearby. He turns to his side when he felt his bike getting lighter and see Joonmyeon already walk away from him, heading toward the small park.

 

"Hey! Where are you going? Let's go back! Minseok will be mad!"

 

"Hyung, here!"

 

Yifan gets off his motorbike and walk toward Joonmyeon that is waving at him, signaling him to come to him. He is greeted with a small smile by the pale male before his hand being pulled to walk faster. He couldn't help smiling while being dragged across the small park as the park reminds him of the time when he and Luhan spied Minseok on his date. At least, that's what they thought. It turned out that the guy was Minseok's cousin that was on holiday and their friend just showing him around.

 

He stares at the pale male beside him when they finally stopped walking. He watches as Joonmyeon taking a seat on the grass and follow, sitting beside the pale male when the small hand patted the empty space beside him.

 

"We should go back. Minseok will kill me if something happen to you."

 

He hears a chuckle coming from the small mouth and the sound keeps ringing in his ears even though the owner has stopped.

 

"But you won't let anything happen to me, right, hyung?"

 

Yifan swallows. Joonmyeon is smiling at him and something in his heart tell him that he must do that, not letting anything happen to the pale male, that if he didn't, he will regret it the rest of his life. He smiles back, mind wondering what is causing his heart to feel like that.

 

"I like stars."

 

Yifan turns to see Joonmyeon is looking up, staring at the clear night sky that is filled with blinking dots.

 

"I told Min hyung that I want to become one but he got angry at me, saying that he won't be my friend anymore."

 

He jumps a little, eyes widen when Joonmyeon suddenly turned and face him.

 

"He can't do that! Then I won't have any friend anymore!"

 

His eyes soften when the pale male looked back at the night sky, letting a small sigh.

 

"But I really want to become one. Maybe if I can find my own galaxy, Min hyung will let me be one."

 

Yifan locks his eyes at Joonmyeon. The pale male is staring at night sky, looking so longingly and he feels something tugging his heart. He jumps a little when the pale male suddenly turned and their eyes meet in the straightest stare before a smile slowly makes its way to the beautiful face.

 

"Let's go back, hyung."

 

Yifan watches as Joonmyeon gets on his feet, brushing off the grass from his pants before offering a hand to him. He gladly takes the offer and they walk hand in hand toward his motorbike. It's only a small distance and without he realizing, his grip thighten itself as they reach his bike, as if not wanting to let go of the small hand in his hold. A song is heard and he watches Joonmyeon fishing out his phone, reading the text that he received before looking at him.

 

"Min hyung said you should take me home."

 

Yifan squints his eyes as he reads the words on the phone that being shown to him. Minseok did tell Joonmyeon to tell him to take the pale male home. He smiles and nod, slowly loosen his grip on Joonmyeon's hand and let it go. He starts the motorbike engine and climb on, stiffen when a pair of slender arms circling his waist as the bike gains weight.

 

"You are so warm, hyung."

 

Yifan takes a deep breath at that. He can feel his heart pounding against his chest as he heads toward Joonmyeon's house. He enters an unfamiliar neighborhood and after several turns, Joonmyeon tells him to stop at the single big house near the distance. He looks up, staring at the big building in front of him. Joonmyeon's house is as big as his back at his old neighborhood and that is saying something. He looks down when he felt a hand tugging his sleeve.

 

"How long are you planning to stay, hyung?"

 

He blinks as he stares at the pale male in front of him. His sudden trip to his old neighborhood is sudden so he really doesn't know how long he will be staying around. He shrugs.

 

"I don't have anything planned."

 

"Then, will you stay until tomorrow? We can have lunch or something with Min hyung."

 

Yifan inhales as Joonmyeon gently holds his hand, swinging back and forth with eyes looking so hopeful. He nods and the pale male blooms into a smile. He waves, eyes sending Joonmyeon until the small figure disappear behind the front door. He starts the engine and heading toward Minseok's house, planning to stay there for the night because, why wasting money for a place to sleep when you can sleep for free?

 

He is greeted by Minseok with a grin plastered on the face as soon as they meet. He steps into the house to see boxes neatly stacked at a corner and get a headshake when he looked at his best friend questionally.

 

"Tomorrow, okay? I'm so sleepy right now. You know where the guest bedroom is so, good night."

 

Yifan chuckles as he watches Minseok putting a hand over his mouth, covering the big opening from yawning as he walks toward his bedroom. He glances at the boxes again, before heading toward the guest bedroom. The house is empty as it has only Minseok in it because apparently his parents too decided to go travelling the world and leaving their only son alone. The chances of his and Minseok's parents meeting somewhere in the world are very high.

 

He lies down on the bed, staring at the ceiling instead of going to sleep. He tried counting sheeps, counting Minseok, counting Luhan and even counting himself but his body and eyes disobey him as his mind kept thinking about what happened a few hours ago. He brings his hand to his face, flipping it back and forth.

 

Joonmyeon's hand was so small comparing with his giant one that it feels like the slender fingers will fit perfectly between the gaps of his long ones. Maybe because it was night but the small hand was so warm that for a moment, he felt like he needs the warmth all the time, to keep him alive. He clenches, kissing his fist before putting it on his chest and smile as he starts counting Joonmyeon.

 

Yifan wakes up at the loud banging on the bedroom door. He groans, cursing the house owner under his breath as he steps out of the room. The sound of something sizzling widen his eyes and the delicious smell of something cooking fills his nose as he takes a seat at the dinner table. He mutters a thanks before fixing his eyes at the plate of breakfast that being put in front of him. He was going to eat his second toast when he met with Minseok's eyes that is looking at him suspiciously.

 

"Did you kiss him?"

 

Yifan furrows, hand that is holding the toast stopped halfway from his mouth as he couldn't understand the question addressed to him.

 

"What? What are you talking about? Kiss who?"

 

"Joonmyeon."

 

Yifan chokes on his toast and quickly reach for the tea beside him. Gulping down the liquid, he locks his eyes on his best friend. What in the world is Minseok talking about?

 

"Wha... what?! Why would I kiss Joonmyeon?!"

 

Yifan blinks as he sees a smirk slowly creeping out on Minseok's face.

 

"You kissed your bike the moment you entered the dealer shop."

 

He remembers the said scene but what that has to do with Joonmyeon?

 

"Please. I know that look. It's the same look you had when you showed me and Luhan the picture of your bike last year."

 

He furrows. What look? He doesn't know he has a 'look'.

 

"What?"

 

"From the moment Joonmyeon entered the bar until you left with him, you had the same look, no! Last night's look had more feeling than last year when you excitedly told us that you want to buy that motorbike of yours. I can never forget the look because it's the first time you had it since we become friends and that is a long time."

 

Last year? What look? He becomes impatient.

 

"Tell me already! What look?!"

 

"Falling in love."

 

Yifan swallows. He... what? He watches as Minseok getting up from his seat and putting the dishes in the sink before facing him.

 

"Hurry up. I'm going to meet Joonmyeon later."

 

Yifan quickly gulping down his breakfast and shower. Minseok's words still ringing in his ears amist the water sound that is echoing throughout the bathroom. He is in love with Joonmyeon? How can it be? They just met yesterday. He remembers the time he showed Minseok and Luhan the picture of his bike and feeling so excited after he got his parents permission to buy it but he had been flipping pages after pages of motorbike magazines until he found what he's looking for. So, how can Minseok said he had the same look like last year when he didn't even looking for Joonmyeon?

 

"Joonmyeon lost his parents a couple years ago."

 

Yifan turns at Minseok that has his eyes fixed on the road ahead as he is driving them somewhere to meet Joonmyeon. He stares at his best friend, his heart tells him he should learn more about the pale male he met yesterday.

 

"The house you sent him to isn't his. He lives with his relatives that took him in for his money, that if they take care of him until his 18th birthday, they will get a quarter of the inheritance."

 

Yifan inhales. There are still people like that in the world. How could Joonmyeon's own flesh and blood treat him like that?

 

"And Joonmyeon turned 18 just a few days ago."

 

Yifan's eyes widen.

 

"What will happen to Joonmyeon now?"

 

"I promised him he that he can stay with me after the things with his lawyer are done. But..."

 

He raises an eyebrow as Minseok is smirking at him.

 

"I guess that is unnecessary now."

 

"What? Why?"

 

"You are going to take him away with you after all. Am I right?"

 

Yifan's eyes widen. He wanted to deny but the words stuck in his throat and he doesn't know why. He gets out of the car, following Minseok after he parked in front of a tall building. His eyes caught the word 'law firm' as he enters the air-conditioned space. Looking around, he sees Joonmyeon waving at him and Minseok as he approaches them.

 

"Sorry, hyung. It took longer than I thought. Did you wait long?"

 

Yifan sees Minseok shaking his head as he engulfs Joonmyeon in a hug. He smiles when his eyes met with Joonmyeon's and he feels the same tugging in his heart as Minseok tighten the hug and Joonmyeon trying to wiggle out from it.

 

"So, is everything settle now?"

 

Yifan watches as Minseok pulls away from the hug and Joonmyeon nods. He jumps when Joonmyeon grabbed his hand, squeezing it slightly and smile at him as their eyes met.

 

"Thank you for staying, hyung."

 

Yifan nods. He lets Joonmyeon holds his hand with the other one is holding Minseok's. They get in the car and he listens as Minseok tells Joonmyeon about him, about his travels and Joonmyeon replies by telling Minseok about his days, about what he going to do when he finally move in with the older, about finding his own galaxy.

 

"Will you let me become one if I did?"

 

He notices the seriousness on Joonmyeon's face as the younger asked the question and Minseok turns his head slightly at the younger, smiling before looking back at the road.

 

"Well, if you find one."

 

Joonmyeon blooms into a smile and Yifan clutches his chest. The tugging keeps getting tighter and he still couldn't find an answer for it but when Joonmyeon turns to look at him, something in him tells him that the answer is in front of him all along.

 

After 10 minutes of circling around the restaurant, Minseok stops and turn to look at him, telling him and Joonmyeon to get off first, find a table and order ahead while he looks for a parking space. He nods and get off, standing side by side with Joonmyeon as they watch Minseok drives away.

 

"We should have ride your bike, hyung."

 

Yifan turns at Joonmyeon and see the younger has his eyes locked at the parking spot for motorbikes. The space is empty except for a small bicycle that was parked illegally, taking two empty spots instead of one. He smiles at the view and his smile gets bigger when Joonmyeon took hold of his hand, leading him toward the front door of the restaurant. They settle at a table near the glass window, sitting across each other and thanking the waiter for the menu before sending the male away.

 

"What do you want to eat, hyung?"

 

He lowers the menu in his hand to see Joonmyeon flipping the menu pages back and forth, with lips pouted a little. He smiles at the view and look down at his menu.

 

"The lasagna looks delicious."

 

"But, it has veggies in it. I don't like veggies."

 

Yifan chuckles at the statement. To be honest, he isn't fond of veggies too but he still eat it because he knows how important those green stuff are. He puts down the menu and look at Joonmyeon. The younger still has that pout on his lips as his eyes staring at the menu and he smiles when their eyes met.

 

"Steak! I want to eat steak! Can I order steak, hyung?"

 

He nods, smling as he signals the waiter to come to their table. He lets Joonmyeon order for Minseok too and when the waiter is no longer within his sight, he sees his best friend walking toward them. His best friend takes the empty seat beside Joonmyeon and he listens quietly as the two people talk about what to do after their meal. He smiles when Minseok rejecting Joonmyeon's idea to go to beach, saying that the closest one is three-hour journey and he is too lazy to drive that long.

 

"Then, how about the theme park?"

 

"We went there last year so no."

 

"Hyung!"

 

Yifan chuckles at that and shakes his head when the two people finally settled on going to the mall afterwards. He turns to his side when he heard a voice and sees the waiter has comeback with their orders. He nods slightly while Joonmyeon thanks the male before he walks away, leaving them to enjoy the food. He watches Minseok putting the green peas that Joonmyeon gave him back on the younger's plate. The pale male doesn't give up and tries again but Minseok shields his plate of fish and chips with his whole body, making Joonmyeon unable to place the spoonful of green peas on the dish.

 

"I'll eat it."

 

He smiled when Joonmyeon snapped his head toward him and slides his plate across the table, allowing Joonmyeon to put the greens easily without spilling it. He ignores his best friend's words as Minseok telling him not to spoil Joonmyeon much and he catches the sight of Joonmyeon making faces at Minseok before continue to eat the steak he ordered earlier.

 

Yifan offers to drive as the three of them reach Minseok's car and his best friend gladly hands him the keys. He nods occasionally, agreeing to whatever Joonmyeon asks him and pretends not to notice the annoyed face plastered on Minseok when he clearly heard his best friend complaining about how easily he throw away years of friendship and sided with Joonmyeon.

 

"How about this one, hyung?"

 

"You know I don't wear leather jacket. It's more Yifan's style."

 

Yifan raises his brows, eyes fix at Joonmyeon that is walking toward him with a black leather jacket in his hands. He watches as the pale male puts the piece of clothes against his front before nodding to himself.

 

"It looks good on you, hyung. You should buy it!"

 

"I should?"

 

He sees Joonmyeon beaming at him, nodding repeatedly.

 

"You will look so cool wearing this and riding your motorbike. If I have a cool motorbike like yours, I would definitely get one of these."

 

Yifan stares at Joonmyeon as the male puts on the jacket. The size is a little big for him but the black leather brings out Joonmyeon's fair complexion even more and he clutches his heart. The tugging feeling came back and Minseok's words over breakfast replaying in his mind.

 

It is not possible, is it, for him to fall in love with Joonmyeon after only knowing him for a day? But, why can't he explain the reason behind the tugging of his heart every time he sees Joonmyeon smile softly at him? Why can't he explain the urge to protect the pale male from everything in this world? Because none of that make any sense.

 

"Hyung."

 

Yifan can feel a comfortable warmth on his arm and looks down to see Joonmyeon's small hand is resting on it. He turns to face Joonmyeon and a soft smile greets him.

 

"Let's go home."

 

He nods slightly and looks back down when the warmth on his arm moved to his hand. He fixes his gaze at Joonmyeon's small hand that is holding his big one, leading him away. A finger drums against the back of his hand and he lets out the breath he didn't know he was holding.

 

"Min hyung must be so tired. He snores."

 

Yifan cranes his neck to see Minseok from the rear-view mirror and chuckles at the sigh. His best friend doesn't have bad sleeping habits but he sometimes snore when he truly tired. He concentrates back on the street as he drives toward Joonmyeon's house.

 

"I should get use to that when I move in later."

 

Yifan glances at Joonmyeon. Right. Joonmyeon is going to live with Minseok. Most of Joonmyeon's stuff already at Minseok's house and he just need to unpack it for Joonmyeon can finally have a true home. He knows Minseok will take good care of Joonmyeon but why does his heart feels heavy thinking about that?

 

He stops the car at a corner not far from the single big house he saw yesterday and gets off the car. He watches as Joonmyeon waking up Minseok before helping him out.

 

"I will walk Joonmyeon home."

 

Yifan nods and smiles when Joonmyeon turned to him.

 

"I'll wait right here."

 

His eyes send the two people away as they walk toward Joonmyeon's house. Minseok seems like he is still sleepy as he keeps walking ahead, leaving Joonmyeon behind him. His heart tightens as Joonmyeon's back view getting farther away but relief washes over him when the pale male suddenly turned and run back to him.

 

"Hyung."

 

Yifan stares down at Joonmheon that is slightly panting from his short run.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Are you going back tonight?"

 

Yifan wonders for a moment, eyes tracing the pale face in front of him before he nods. It is already past 12 midnight but he thinks he should go as soon as possible.

 

"Then..."

 

His eyes widen when Joonmyeon suddenly hugged him, face buried in his chest. He can feels warmth from Joonmyeon's body spreading slowly all over his body.

 

"...I will miss you. I hope to see you again and I will make sure the next time we meet, I have turn into a better person. I won't climb the bridge railing anymore and make Min hyung worry about me. I will stay with Min hyung until I have the courage to travel the world like you."

 

Yifan looks down when the hug loosened and sees Joonmyeon is smiling at him.

 

"Because, I still want to be a star and I need to find my galaxy first."

 

Yifan's heart stops at that and he stares straight at Joonmyeon. His mind is thinking a crazy idea but he doesn't care anymore. He steps closer and brings his arms around Joonmyeon, wrapping the male in his embrace.

 

"Come with me."

 

He hears a hum and inhales deeply. A scent fills his nose and he breathes out at the soft locks. Joonmyeon's scent. He needs it to calm him down when he faces problems in his journey. He tightens the hug around the small waist and purses his lips. Joonmyeon's warmth. He needs it to warm him up on a cold night like this. He sighs contendly. He needs Joonmyeon.

 

"Hyung?"

 

Yifan pulls away slightly, gazing longingly at the pale face in his hold.

 

"Let me be your galaxy."

 

He notices Joonmyeon's eyes widen at his words and he nods. It is a crazy idea because he just met Joonmyeon yesterday but he can't ignore the tugging in his heart anymore. He has nothing to lose and everything to give and if he has to give his world, his galaxy, to Joonmyeon so that he can become the star that he is, he will.

 

Yifan smiles against Joonmyeon's locks as Joonmyeon hugs him back, nodding repeatedly in his chest. He lets go of Joonmyeon and watches the male runs toward Minseok that is waiting near the front gate. He catches his best friend's glance as Joonmyeon tells Minseok about his idea and he smiles when Minseok enveloped Joonmyeon in his hug, squeezing the younger slightly.

 

"Take good care of him, okay? If I see a scratch anywhere on his body, you are dead."

 

"I will protect him with my life."

 

Yifan slides down his helmet cover and waves at Minseok for the last time, nodding slightly when Minseok shook a fist at him. He rides and turns several corners, before entering a now-familiar neighborhood. A smile slowly forms on his lips as his eyes spot the big single house in the distance. He stops before he reaches the front gate and looks up at the balcony on the second floor to see a figure waving at him.

 

"Hyung."

 

"Hey."

 

Yifan takes off his helmet and puts it on Joonmyeon. He earns a giggle and steady himself as Joonmyeon climbs at the back. A pair of slender arms circle his waist and he pulls at both, making it hugs him tighter. He starts back the engine and turns slightly when he felt tugging at his back.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"Where do you want to go?"

 

"Hm... anywhere as long as I'm with you!"

 

Yifan inhales. From the beginning of his journey, he didn't plan anything and just follow his heart. About travelling the world, about visiting his old neighborhood, about knowing Joonmyeon and about bringing Joonmyeon with him. He only followed his heart but now, he can't do that anymore.

 

Joonmyeon has his heart.

 

"Let's go into your world!"