I Am Here

Protecting You

      "I'm sorry, Yunho," Jaejoong said. "But this isn't going to work anymore."

     "What do you mean? I thought things were great," Yunho said.

     "I love you, but we're just too different, and I can't live like this anymore."

      "Jae, please. What did I do? I'll change," Yunho pleaded desperately.

     "It's not you. It's me. I promise."

     "But-"

     "Goodbye," Jaejoong said, walking off.

     Yunho had no idea what had happened, or what he had done to make Jaejoong leave. All he wanted to know was why this had happened, but no answers came. He crumbled and fell to his knees, tears escaping his eyes. As he shook, silent sobs escaped his lips. For some reason, someone was calling his name.

     "Oh, god. It sounds like Jae. Why are you torturing me?" Yunho yelled at whatever was talking to him. The voice continued, and someone was moving him.

     "Yunho. Yunho!" Jaejoong said, gently shaking him. Yunho's eyes snapped open.

     "Huh?" he asked groggily.

     "Yunho, are you okay? I woke up because I thought I heard you crying. What's going on?"

     "It was a dream? Oh my god."

     "Yeah. And I'm assuming it was pretty bad. What happened?" Jaejoong asked, pulling Yunho closer to him.

     "Well, we were talking, and you said we were too different. Then you just left me," Yunho told him.

     "So, I just walked out on you?" Jaejoong asked. Yunho nodded.

     "Yunnie, you know I'd never do that to you. I love you way too much for that. And I don't care what happens. I'll always be here."

     "Really?" Yunho asked.

     "Of course! Now, come here. I'm going to keep that dream from coming back." Jaejoong gently kissed Yunho's forehead and began humming. He ran his fingers through his hair. 

     "I love you," Yunho said right before he fell asleep.

     "I love you, too." Jaejoong replied. "And I always will."

      The next morning, Yunho trudged into the living room. Jaejoong snuck out from behind the corner, snaking his arms around Yunho's waist.

     "Yah!" Yunho yelled.

     "Good morning," Jaejoong laughed, pecking Yunho's lips. "Did that wake you up?"

     "I don't know," Yunho replied with a yawn.

     "Maybe this will," Jaejoong said. He planted his lips on Yunho's and soon the kiss deepened. Yunho gently grabbed Jaejoong's silky hair. Soon they stumbled over to the couch, where the kissing intensified even further. After a few minutes, they both sprawled out on the couch, panting and smiling.

     "This is for you," Jaejoong said after a minute, handing an envelope to Yunho. Yunho opened it and began to read.

     Dear Yunnie,

     you've always been special to me from day one, and I'm so glad you're in my life. I can't wait to spend forever with you. I'll be your hand to hold, your shoulder to cry on, someone to vent your frustrations to, and I'll always be the one you can run to. I love you more than anything. Never forget that. I will always be here, and I will never ever leave. Now put down the note so I can hug you and give you another kiss. 

     Love,

     Jae.

    "That was beautiful. Thank you so much, babe," Yunho said.

     "And it's true. I'll always love you."

     "I'll always love you, too."

     "Now, about the end of the letter," Jaejoong grinned. Yunho rolled his eyes. He wrapped his arms around Jaejoong's shoulders, pulling him in.

    "And the other part?" Jaejoong asked before receiving another kiss.

    "You are something else," Yunho laughed.

     "But I'm your something else."