I met you

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A concern annoys me this morning: it is about Jin Soo.

He always gets on my nerves. Actually, he has been waiting in front of my house since I woke up, or maybe even before. He might know I have noticed he is parked on the other side of the street. He has not shown up since a while and now he is obediently sit on his car in front of my window! I take my time because I know he is waiting. If I can take more time enough with my cup of coffee, in my peaceful apartment, set in my easy chair, it will be great.

The sun shines through my window; I thought this day will be a great day.

I woke up earlier, did my cleaning, and even got the time to pay some pending bills. Now, I wait for my time to go to work sitting on my red chair. I always feel comfortable when I am on there. It is not an ordinary seat but the one I wanted to have in my dream. When I dive in, I have the impression of being as in a protective cocoon. I saw it in a magazine and Jin Soo convinced me to buy it. My enthusiast was great but in my job, I am not afforded to have time for these futile things. When I left the house of Kim Eun Hee, I went to retrieve this chair that I had stored in our hideout. Though, I allow me this small pleasure. This seat is something to which I hold on and the simple fact to know that, I hang in there.

I am already dressed and ready to go but since it is not the time yet, I take the time! By the way, what was in my mind when I promised Soo Hyeon to reveal who I am? I was bold yes! Or crazy why not! Today could be my last day with her. I killed me by myself! Now, I don't feel such courage but I can’t avoid our date because I am the one who organize it! So I have to face it.

 

Slowly, the minutes pass by. However it turns out that I become the one nervous and impatient. My mood has changed because of this guy that I have to bear because I suppose he is still there. My fingers clench on my cup. I am forced to get up because even my magic chair can’t avoid me to feel the frustration of can’t be able to punch Jin Soo as I would have liked to do it a thousand time! I readjust my dress, take my phone and go to the entry door. My hand stays on the knob. I breathe deeply. Let's hear what Jin Soo has to tell me!

I open the door, expecting to see him in front of me. He isn’t. He is where he parked his car this early morning, leaning on his vehicle. Probably busy with his phone that he holds, he doesn’t glare at me. He hasn’t noticed me yet. I am flustered. This impetuous guy has been waiting for me but now he is focused on his phone! Even though I have no other choice but to deal with him because we work together and not the least, he is my master. So I call him. When I hear the first rings, he raises his eyes on me. So, we are.

"Seung Hee, did you sleep well?" He asks. I am stunned as always.

"I will drive you. Hurry up." He dictates me.

What is in his mind? I am never really prepared with him. I never know.

"We need to talk, no?" he adds. He is right. I sigh and end the call.


"How are you those days?" Jin Soo asks, driving carefully towards the hospital.

"Why did you not answer your phone?" I begin to ask.

"I was busy." He affirms.

"It is what you say." I contest. He doesn’t answer.

"Why? Did you avoid me?" I add.

I wanted to know why he met Soo Hyeon. He might have said or did something that can explain why I got Soo Hyeon lying. If he is the reason for why she is affected, I must know Jin Soo motives.

"You only want me to speak about that day with Soo Hyeon, yes?" he guesses.

So at least, he is aware of what I have in my mind!

"Come with me and you will have your explanation."

"I can't now. Patients are waiting." I answer.

"Take the time." He adds with a hint of authority.

He is so rigid that he gets on my nerves. I don’t know if I prefer this humour or his anger.

"How can you be a spy when you take more at heart your other job than ours?" he laughs.

It is enough for me. I want to get my information. So what I decide, dangerous or not, I will do it: I look behind, on the loop and because I think it is the best time, I raise my hand on the wheel and turn it to force Jin Soo to stop on the side.

"Hey! Are you crazy?" he yells, his bad mood coming back.

He stops the car and unlocks his belt. He stares at my eyes with madness.

"Don’t forget who you are, Seung Hee!" he threatens me, pointing his finger on me. "Don’t forget I am your superior and we have a mission to fulfil." He pursues.

I am not scared; I receive his words as they are. He slowly restrains his mind. I don’t justify my action; I think it is sufficiently meaningful.

"Seung Hee, you are going to make us fail." He says, lowering his yelling voice. Then, he turns the eyes on the road.

"You are not focused on our job those days. What is it with your mind?" he asks. "Don’t you know Soo Hyeon is the daughter of a recent dead agent? You know the consequences."

I stay silent, my head low. I know that we shouldn’t have become more than friends. I just had the order to keep an eye on.

"Decide now, Seung Hee…" He whispers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter