You Had 5 Years

To The Moon

“Hi, we’re Big Bang!” All 5 band mates said at the same time. One by one, they introduced themselves. “What about you guys, what’s your names?” T.O.P asked.

    I kept my head down, my brown fringe falling in front of my eyes. I felt Kuni squeeze my hand, quieting my uneasiness. You . You can’t even look him in the face. Hey, you said I was on my own. I am your own.

    “I’m Amber,” she giggled.

    “Mark the Shark.”

    “Kuni,” he smiled next to me.

    Say something.

    “I’m Yuri,” I mumbled.

    “Sorry, what did you say?” Isn’t it ironic how he asked that? Whatever. He said it himself that I’m a clingy , and his music matters more to him anyway. So what the heck?

    “I’m Yuri, Yuri Hwang,” I looked up, smiling. You’re gonna regret that. I grinned at the blonde boy, the one who was staring at me like I was a ghost.

    “Y-Yuri?” Oh god, I can’t do this. I don’t wanna watch this.

    I felt tears pricking at my eyes, a coil in my stomach. My mouth felt dry, my tongue was heavy as lead. He never had this effect on me before. I turned my head away. I felt Kuni’s arm wrap around my shoulder.

    “Please excuse us for a moment,” I heard him say. I felt my eyes get teary.

    “Wait-”

    Kuni quickly led me out of the room. Greg just raised an eyebrow at us from the corner.

    “Yuri?” Kuni held me out, his hands on my shoulders. I just stared at the ground as my vision got blurry with the tears. “Yuri, talk to me,” Kuni whispered, bending down, so he could see my eyes. “Oh gosh, you’re crying.” He pulled me into a hug, placing his chin on my head.

    “I thought I could do it,” I sniffed into his hoodie. I wrapped my arms around him, suddenly feeling the need to hold something. I just want to be able to hold something without being pushed away. You need to face him, Yuri. I know.

    I sighed, “since neither of us are big VIPs, we could go get something to eat or drink?” I had stopped crying, and I was brushing away the leftover tears.

    “Are you sure?” Coward. Face the music.

    The door opened, “Yeah, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” KwonJi hopped out of the room. You still call him KwonJi. Stop it, his name is GD now. What does he want?

    “Yuri, can I talk to you for a mome-” GD closed his mouth as he say me and Kuni’s position. Don’t you dare let go of Kuni. “I need to talk to you, Yuri. About what happened,” he looked at me hopefully.

    I opened my mouth.

    “Actually, we were about to get something to drink,” Kuni glared at Kwo- I mean GD.

    “I think she can speak for herself,” GD huffed.

    “Kuni’s right, actually. We were gonna get a drink,” I said calmly. I glanced at Kuni, smiling as a thanks. You’re lucky he said that. You probably would’ve agreed and just gone with GD. GD looks older now. You’re still paying attention to him?

    “Can I at least get your number, Yuri? We really need to talk about what happened.”

    “What happened is that you called me a clingy . You said you cared about your music career more anyway, so why don’t you go back to it,” I whispered, just loud enough for the three of us to hear in the empty hallway.

    “I didn’t mean it,” GD groaned.

    “Yet you said it anyway,” I mumbled.

    “I was stressed and-”

    “You had 5 years! I was ed up in the head for five years because of you. You never even tried to apologise. You didn’t even know I was in rehab for 2 years!” I took a deep breath to calm myself down. “G-Dragon, I need to go,” I said coldly. Yes, good girl. Now walk away before you screw something up. Repeat after me. I don’t want anything to do with GD. I don’t want anything to do with GD.

    “But you promised!” he said angrily as I was turning away.

    “I wasn’t the one who broke the promise!” I yelled at him.

    “I-I can fix it,” he reached for me. Kuni immediately pulled me away from his reach. “To the moon?” he asked.

    Don’t you dare reply. Just listen to me this one time. Do not reply.

    “Where do you want to go?” I asked Kuni, who was looking at me worriedly.

    “Well, there’s a really nice shop down the road. We could go there, then to the park nearby?” He suggested.

    I nodded. We began walking out of the building, nodding to Greg as we passed by. I glanced back at GD. He was running his hand through his blonde hair.

    “Thank you,” I smiled at Kuni as he held the door open for me.

*****