June 26, 2014 - How To Cope Up When You Found Out Your Bias Is In A Relationship?

An Open Letter For B (Not a FanFic)

Okay, I don't know how I came up with this list. But I think somehow it's realistic. I am actually soing some of it. For me, #9 is the easiest while #10 is the hardest to do.

 

How To Cope Up When You Found Out your Bias Is In A Relationship?

 

1. Pretend they never happened. Silly as it may seem but it's better than to stay hateful with two people who only fell in love. Whether it’s at the wrong time or wrong person, it’s something that we cannot interfere. It’s you against their hearts.

 

2. Watch or listen to any shows or any music videos he/she is included. That way, you'll only be reminded of happy memories.

 

3. Be sensitive. Yes, you might be hurting but you are not the only one. He/she must be hurting too.

 

4. Be more understanding. As what they used to say, when a person is in love, he/she sometimes gets blinded and does things that he/she thinks is right but not for some.

 

5. Talk to other fans who exactly feel the same way you are. It'll be more comfortable expressing your emotions.

 

6. Continue shipping your bias with his/her OTP. Sometimes, fantasy is better than reality.

 

7. Respect other fan's feelings. Never judge nor feel pity towards them. Give them time to heal their wounds. You can never control someone's feeling but you can always console it.

 

8. Focus your attention to other things that makes you happy. Go out and unwind with your friends.

 

9. Think Again. When you're caught in the middle of deciding whether to stay or quit supporting your bias, go back to the very first day you decided to love and support him/her. Then think again if you should stay or leave.

 

10. Accept. No matter how painful it is, learn to accept that you didn't own your bias. You probably invested too much time, effort and money already but still you cannot call them as your own. Reality hurts when you expect the most.