i'm not the only one

i'm not the only one

If you asked Taehyung's friends what kind of person he was, they would probably laugh and say something along the lines of spacey, weird, or hyper. Personally Taehyung felt indifferent at being described as such. He accepted them with a shrug finding no joy or offence in their words. It was just who he was, so there was nothing to be that excited or upset about. It was only when Jimin would teasingly call him crazy paired along with that cheesy wink of his that Taehyung would feel his cheeks heat up. These were the rare moments where Taehyung who was usually as bright and bold as his orange hair would stare down at the ground, biting inside his cheeks quietly mumbling that he was not crazy. Jimin would then usually just let out a loud laugh while wrapping his arms around Taehyung's slim waist, pulling him close to whisper into his ear about how adorable his boyfriend looked when he was blushing. Then the pair would share a slow and sweet kiss which would then develop into something more passionate much to the chagrin of their friends. Usually Namjoon or Hoseok would throw whatever was closest to them to get them to break if off when they couldn't handle the sight of the two making out any longer. Jungkook had once even physically torn the two apart, forbidding them from anymore PDA as he sat between the pair acting as a barrier. Taehyung still feeling shy would just keep quiet or bury his face into Jimin's neck, while the other would just give the rest a lazy smirk telling them to stop being so jealous. They were an unlikely couple with Jimin's player like attitude and Taehyung's oblivious nature, but somehow the two ended up falling in love and it just worked. They worked. 

But these days, Taehyung doesn't see Jimin around as much anymore. They text each other less as Jimin always responds saying that he's "too busy preparing a new dance routine" or that "Yoongi needed him to model for his new photography portfolio". Even when Taehyung would offer to wait for him at the studio or go along with him to see Yoongi, Jimin would turn him down saying that he would be too tired to do anything afterwards so Taehyung should just go home. "Nothing's wrong" he whispers to himself alone in his room as his eyes start to sting, "nothing's wrong" he chants to himself over and over as he tries to erase the image of Jimin laughing while walking out of school hand in hand with Yoongi. The rest of the group also begin notice the growing distance between Jimin and Taehyung but no one dares to bring it up when they're all hanging out together. No one wants to break up the peace in the group and start shouting accusations, but its hard to swallow that angry feeling as they watch Taehyung grow quieter with each passing day while Jimin and Yoongi's smiles grow brighter. Namjoon and Seokjin both try talking to Taehyung alone to see what was going on but he had only responded with a bright smile and said "nothing's wrong, what are you talking about?". He sees them corner Jimin at school and he watches as Jimin's eyes narrow and pushes them away shouting something angrily before leaving but Taehyung's too far away to hear. Jungkook is the one he hangs out with the most these days. The rest of his friends are too obvious with the pity in their eyes and actions to the point where being around them becomes suffocating for him. He doesn't want or need their pity. Jungkook's the only one who acts the same around him, unafraid to joke around and . Jungkook is nice but its Jimin he craves. It's Jimin's hands he wants to hold, Jimin's voice he wants to hear, Jimin's lips on his. 

Some nights Jimin will see Taehyung fast asleep waiting outside his dorm well past midnight. Instead of sending him back to his own dorm, sometimes he'll bring Taehyung into his room. Or some nights, Jimin will randomly show up at Taehyung's door and ask to come in. These are Taehyung's favourite days because it's on nights like these that the two of them will hold each other so close and kiss until they're both gasping for air. Taehyung will pretend that he doesn't see the dark marks along Jimin's neck and collarbones. Jimin will in turn leave his own marks on Taehyung but they're always in places unseen. Almost as if Jimin doesn't want the world to know that Taehyung is his but Taehyung quickly gets rid of the absurd thought. Jimin has his arms wrapped around him right now. Its Jimin's lips that are on his right now, so that's all that matters. On nights like these, everything seems normal again. So normal that Taehyung will let a soft "I love you" escape his lips. Jimin usually just stares down at him with dark eyes and whispers a shaky "you're crazy babe" and silences him with a kiss. Taehyung in all honesty is not that oblivious and knows that Jimin doesn't do this anymore because he thinks Taehyung is adorable. Jimin thinks he doesn't know, but Taehyung knows that he never responds with an "I love you too". He knows he's not the only one to hear Jimin call him babe. But as long as he's one of them, he doesn't mind. He probably was crazy after all.