Was It A Dream?

Dreams Come True

Mira woke up due to her loud alarm. She barely opened her eyes while her hand reached for her phone. She took a glance, noticing it was already 9 in the morning. She felt like sleeping even more, as she only slept for 2 hours. Knowing that she had chores to be done by the day, she forced herself to get up from the bed. She stretched her body by doing simple exercises, and while waiting for her toast to pop up, she took her phone and visited Daum Fancafe like she always did. She visited every fancafe that she signed up for, checking for any latest news or posts. She then went to check her own posts – how many views they got, were they checked by anyone, were there any comments left on them. Kind of disappointed that neither of them satisfied her heart, she put the phone down and prepared her breakfast. She was about to have her third bite of the toast when her phone rang, alerting that she got a new notification. Quickly, she checked it – a new tweet from her love, Hayong.

His tweet was the typical tweet of any idols – wishing good morning and hoping that fans will have a great day. But to Mira, it felt like a loving text received from him. Unknowingly, she had herself saying, “Good morning to you too, Mr. Ji! Loving you again today, hehe ♥” out loud while typing a reply to his tweet. After confirming that it was successfully sent, she went to take a bath as she needed to go out and got her tasks completed. It took her 20 minutes to get herself ready to go out. She checked her appearance once again; oversized white shirt with a pair of peach skinny jeans, her long wavy hair fell freely on her shoulder, and her minimal orange makeup that completed her look. Satisfied, she grabbed her car keys and skipped happily towards the door when her phone alerted her with a new notification. Without hesitation, she checked it again – another tweet from Hayong. This time, it sounded suspicious and mysterious, and succeeded in making Mira to worry about it. “A day really can get better with someone’s love… I’m happy♥”

Mira read it again and again. What’s with that random tweet? Is he in love? Is he dating someone? Mira monologue while trying hard to decode the tweet. She wanted to know more, but how? Not like he’s a friend of hers that she could barely ask him and demand an answer. She sighed. “Your day might get better, Hayong,” she paused and let out a small sigh. “But you just ruined mine.” Heartbroken, she walked out of the house without the usual smile she had on her face and entered her car. The whole day she was out, she felt sad and barely interacted with people. She avoided from bumping into couples, she listened to sad songs. Why do I feel this way? She thought, confused with her own self. This was the first time ever Hayong tweeted something ambiguous, and she couldn’t help but to worry about it. She then took out her phone and typed something before she hit the Send button. “Because of one tweet, I’m having a bad day…”

* * *

A week had passed, and Mira lived her life like she usually did. She checked the fancafe as frequent as she could, though there’s nothing fun in it, she felt like checking the café all the time. Also, it’s been a week since Hayong’s last tweet. Mira, who missed him a lot, would always tweeted him with “I miss you, do you miss me too?” to him at least once a day. She also mentioned him songs that she was listening to, and also showed him pictures of delicious foods she got to eat whenever she went out with her friends. Of course, never once she got any response from him, but she felt happy to be able to let him know what she was doing every single day. But that day, she felt uneasy. She felt like she had something important coming up, but she couldn’t think of anything. She asked her friends if they knew (which, of course they didn’t) and went through her diary. Tired of searching, she laid on her bed, trying hard to remember if she skipped any events or whatnot.

Suddenly, her phone rang. It was the different alarm tone, and she was quite surprised to listen to the loud alarm when she was in her deep thoughts. She grabbed her phone and looked at the text popped up on screen. Slowly, her lips formed into a smile. She felt happy - extremely happy – as she finally discovered the thing she forgot; it was her 200 days being Hayong’s fan. Without wasting the time, she took a screenshot of the notice and attached it to her tweet. “200 days with Hayong! We’re going strong, oldie. Kekeke. Loving you~ Always♥” As always, her friends begun to reply by teasing her for excessively expressing her love to him. Some even tagged him in the conversation, some referred him as her husband, and some did mention to him to marry her as soon as possible. One tweet cracked her up, and made her blushed so much. “You know, if you got married to him the first day you became his fan, it’s possible you’re carrying his first child now”

She was like on roller-coaster ride that night – happy that some AlphaBAT fans congratulated them, a bit uncomfortable to be asked about when is their wedding ceremony, sad that certain jokes were too harsh that they broke her heart. Tired and sleepy, she ended her tweet session and pulled her covers to sleep when her phone alerted her with a new notification. She checked it, and it was Hayong, tweeting nothing but a single heart symbol. “Urgh, must be for his girlfriend,” she thought, and forced herself to sleep as she didn’t want to think badly of the man she loved. She had a nice sleep, she even dreamed of herself marrying Hayong. She was smiling all the time while sleeping, and even had the smile on her face after she woke up. She’s thankful for the dream; even if it was just a dream, as it really made her day. She was doing her dishes when her phone alerted with a new e-mail notification. She stunned. E-mail? She thought, as the only e-mail she signed in on her phone was the e-mail she used only to sign up for fancafes.

As soon as she saw the name of the sender, she froze. Her jaw literally dropped to the floor, and she pinched herself to make sure she’s not dreaming. Before she read the e-mail, she went into the fancafe and checked if there were any events going on but found nothing so she went back to her inbox. She read the sender’s name again and again, still surprised to see that name under the Sender section. She then proceeded to read the Subject. Once again, she froze. She squinted her eyes, and enlarged them again. Love Letter to Choi Mira. Her heart thumped so fast then she felt like she could faint on the spot. She didn’t want to read it at first, thinking it would be a spam. She contacted her friend and seeks for advice as she’s still clueless of what to do. “Just read it!” Her friend, Micky, insisted. Mira then took a few deep breaths and braved herself to read the mail. It was surprisingly long, which made her even more nervous to read it.

Choi Mira,

Are you surprised to get an e-mail from me? I’m surprised as well that I found myself searching for your name on fancafe and tried to e-mail you because of this. Today is your 200th days being my fan, right? Today is a special day for me as well – 200th day of being loved by an amazing girl. I first noticed you on the first fansigning session that you attended, it was the Incheon fansign. You wore a long dress with a cardigan on, and while you’re not wearing anything flashy, you shined that day. You were holding a sign that said “Hayong is mine”, right? When it was your turn to get our signatures, I was nervous. I don’t know what I should say, I felt speechless. The more you got closer to me, the more I see your beauty. That smile, it brighten up your face, it lighted up my heart. That eyes, they’re neither big nor small; just the perfect size for your face.  Remember when you were squatting in front of me, I stuttered while greeting you? You blushed, but you didn’t avoid my eyes. You kept on looking into my eyes, despite shaking so much as you talked to me. When I shook your hands, I felt a zing. The warmth, it melted down the walls of my heart. The softness of your hands, I craved to hold it for more.

You rarely come to our events as you said yourself that you’re working. Despite knowing that you won’t come as you mentioned me on twitter each time before our events started, I kept on praying to have you appear right in front of me, so that I can heal the pain of missing you so much. As frequent as you check my tweets, I found myself do that to you as well. I read your tweets each morning, each time when things were hard for me, each night before I went to sleep. Throughout these 200 days, you only went to see us for 9 times. I didn’t really know you, but I know you’re a cute girl. I found myself fell for you even harder each day, and while I really want to reply to every tweets you sent, I have to hold myself from doing so. But today, I’m doing the craziest thing that anyone could imagine by sending you a love letter through e-mail as I don’t know when is the next time we’re able to see each other.

Oh, I’m really sorry if my tweet a week ago broke your heart. If only you knew it was for you, you’d be having an extremely great day, right? I gave you hints by answering to your tweets ambiguously, but I didn’t know your brain used the slowest processor in this world! Keke just kidding. I sometimes laughed reading your friends’ mentions about us, and you got to believe this that other AlphaBAT members wished the same thing as your friends as well. I talked to them about you, way too much that they wished I would marry you so I could stop talking about Choi Mira to them. Kekeke. Anyway, I’m trying to be as polite as I could but, will you agree to meet me personally today? I’m going crazy and I really want to see you. It’d be great if you reply my e-mail instead of tweeting it, as, you know, I had to do personal things privately… I do hope your answer would be a yes, because I’m all prepared to go out, only needed an answer from you, Mira…

I’m yours,
Ji Hayong.

Mira fanned herself. She didn’t know what to do. She kept on reading the letter. 30 minutes had passed, and it was then she decided to answer the e-mail as short as she could so she’d be able to spill her feelings after meeting him. She didn’t really have to wait that long as Hayong replied with the address just 3 minutes after she sent her reply. Quickly, Mira headed to her room and dressed up prettily. She’s going to meet Hayong, the man she loves, of course she wanted him to see the prettiest side of her. Satisfied with her look, she made her way to her car and off to the cafe where they decided to meet.