Comfortable

Comfortable

“No no no no no nooooo! Damn!” You huffed and plopped back down on the couch as Jungshin exaggerated his arm stretch and brushed the imaginary dust off his shoulders. “You can’t let me win just one game can you Shin?”

“If I let you win would you feel good about it? You’re too proud for that. Just take it like man. Well… in this case woman.” He patted your head and got up from the couch to fetch you both some drinks. You looked at the tall and lean figure retreating into the kitchen and placed your game controller on the coffee table. He came back and you took in his appearance. He was wearing a faded T-shirt and his hair was sticking up in every direction. His sweat pants were a bit too short for him and his ankles stuck out in the bottom. To add to the ensemble he had mix matched slippers and socks with Pororo images adorned his feet. This was fashionista Jungshin on his days off.

You began to giggle at his appearance and he looked at you curiously. “What’s so funny?” He asked.

“Nothing,” you laughed, “you just look sooo handsome.” He placed the drinks on the table and struck a pose with his lips puckered out and his hips protruding to the side. It caused you to spit out the drink that you barely placed in your mouth.

“Oh now that’s attractive.” He laughed and handed you a towel as he sat back down.

This was a normal day for the two of you, completely comfortable with each other and laughing constantly. It was weird to think that you had only known CNBlue for a year and a half after working on a CF with them. Jungshin being the closest to your age was the one that you got along with the best. You started hanging out with them until you became close enough that you just found yourself learning to play their favorite video games with them in their dorm and eating dinner there too.

Jungshin though, there’s just been something special about Jungshin since you started coming here. He’s always been the one to invite you over, to bring you drinks, and make sure you’re comfortable. The normally jokester Jungshin was very gentlemanly and serious around you despite the silly things that go on.

“So, ready for another round?” He asked as he downed the rest of the liquid in the glass and picked up his controller, breaking you free from your thoughts.  

“Ugggh… why so I can lose again? Wait… what time is it?”

“Three. Why?”

“Oh no pack all of this up! Jonghyun will be home soon and if he walks in while we’re playing he’s going to want to play and that guy takes these things way to seriously. Nope, I learned my lesson the last time he asked me to play and I’m never doing that again.”

“Hey, he’s just a little competitive.”

“A little?”

“Maybe a lot… alright let’s go.” He chuckled and started putting away the gaming system with your help. He was shuffling towards the television when his long legs became tangled in some of the wires and he began to fall backwards. You reached out to grab him but his weight was too much for you and you found yourself toppling down on top of him.

The two of you crashed down on the couch with you face in his chest and your legs intertwined with his. You lifted your head up and looked at Jungshin under you. “Sorry,” you mumbled, “I’m a tad heavy.”

“No, no. Light as a feather.” He managed to cough out. He smiled up at you with his thin lipped smile. When you began to climb off of him you felt his arms wrap around your waist and pull you closer to him.

“Umm, Shin?” You planted your vision directly at the fabric of the shirt in front of you and didn’t dare to look up at his face. He ‘hmm-ed’ in response. “What are you doing?”

“Can we just… stay like this for a bit?” He relaxed his shoulders and leaned back on the couch. His hand moved from your waist to your head as he began to play with your hair. “You know _______, I like you.  Every time you came over I begged the guys to leave early, to have some excuse so that it would end up just the two of us and a movie or a video game. I wanted you to feel comfortable around me, to like me like I liked you. But I was scared. I was scared to tell you the truth and ruin all the trust we had with each other. But if I didn’t tell you, I’d never know if you liked me too.”

You slowly lifted your head to look at his face. He looked calm, comfortable, and certain. You were happy that his eyes were closed as he spoke and he couldn’t see your cheeks turning the color of brand new fire trucks.  “So?” You managed to whisper.

His sleepy eyes fluttered opened as if awkaning from a dream that was too good to be true. “So?” He repeated.

“So what happens here?” You asked averting his eyes once again.

He let out a breath in the form of a single laugh and stated, “It’s up to you.” Your eyes darted back up at him and he could see all the emotions swimming in those beautiful irises. You leaned up out of his grasp and he thought you were pulling away from him. He let his arms fall dead to his side in disappointment only to be surprised by the presence of your face centimeters away from his own. Quickly you placed a chaste kiss on his lips and pulled away so suddenly as if you were a chicken pecking at the floor for food.  He looked up at you with surprised saucer eyes and you both laughed suddenly at your awkward action. You buried your burning face into the crook of his neck and felt the vibrations of his deep laugh in his chest. You heard a shuffling at the door and quickly separated from each other just as Jonghyun walked through the door and placed his guitar against the wall.

He looked up to see your suspicious faces and eyed you both with his glare. “What’s going on in here?”

“Nothing.” You and Jungshin replied in sync.

Jonghyun looked around the room and took in a sharp breath. “Nice try, but you can’t hide it from me.” He watched the two of you gulp in your nervousness. “You guys were playing video games weren’t you?”

Letting out a nervous laugh the two of you looked at each other and said to Jonghyun “You caught us.”

Jonghyun set up the console once again and squeezed his way between you and Jungshin and lifted the second controller “So who’s up first?”

Jungshin pushed the controller towards you and smiled saying “__________ was telling me how fun it was to play with you last time. Let her go first yeah?” Jonghyun placed the damn mechanism in your hands and you glared at the boy who just confessed his attraction to you not too long ago.  Jungshin merely flashed you a smile and wink as he leaned back and enjoyed the view of yours and Jonghyun’s frustrated faces.