Chapter 2: Up to No Good

Chasing a Miracle
Please log in to read the full chapter
• CHAPTER 2 • UP TO NO GOOD

 

Sun Myunghee wasn’t very fond of extreme coarse language. Ever since childhood, she empowered goodness in words and tend to prevent those who were bad-mouthed. That’s probably one of the reasons why most people didn’t like about young Myunghee due to her controlling and goody-goody side. Being the goody-goody at a young age can have its own disadvantages.

She does sometimes wonder how on earth Mr Byun managed to cope with her all his life. As a child, she used to think he was some Korean political fairy who sang the anthem in front of hundreds of students every school assembly. Oh how she kept photos of his ridiculous yet flawless bowl haircut for blackmail use.

But when the unnerving news was told, her goodness-in-words ceased to exist.

‘Oh .’

Myunghee had it coming yet the news froze her body on spot. The uneasiness tensed her muscles as she blankly looked at the happy couple that stood in front.

Girlfriend was understandable but fiancé, it was worse that she thought. To look into a better perspective was inevitable. Just the thought of Kai associating with marriage gave her the ultimate cringe, knowing that he’ll belong to someone else’s arms.

“Makmak. Makkie?” snapping back to reality, Kai wore an expectant expression on his face, waiting for an answer or commentary from his best friend.

She hitched a reply with pretence happiness, “Oh my, I can’t believe it…”

Taking a short pause as she tried processing the right words to say other than, ‘oh my life’ or ‘I’m a goner’. Although she could already feel the burn of encroaching eyes from behind. In great determination, retaining discombobulated emotions inside, she kept closed and gave the engaged man another hug instead.

Without further ado, Kai gave a satisfied smile, interpreting it as a congratulatory act. Separating their bodies, Myunghee faced Yoonrae with a forced smile as she hesitantly approach in small confidence, lightly wrapping her arms around on the petite figure, trying not to squeeze the life out of that woman.

“Right, let’s all move along, we are in celebration of blessed occasions.” Her mother notified as the crowded hallway started to empty out. Thankfully for Myunghee, she made her part from Yoonrae and went straight to Baekhyun.

Her mother called out, “Myunghee dear, come and eat.”

“Ah yes. Baekhyun’s just going to assist me with my luggage to my room first, right Baek?” she patted his shoulder, grinning to him. Although he knew it was more than a simple grin.

Giving warm smiles to her passing relatives, she reached the innocent man before shooting him a hard glare. Kai let his beloved fiancé follow the group while he came back, offering assistance. Without Baekhyun’s consent, Myunghee politely refused as she brought themselves to a room to talk.

They entered an empty, warm-tempered room, with untouched white painted walls and two glass windows, paralleled to the door.

“Oh look. Isn’t this your old bedroom?”

“Baek…” she began with a low tone, putting her hands on her wa

Please log in to read the full chapter