The Bet

Who Will Win KiKwang's Heart?

The sun starting to rise, students walking to school, adults going to work. Yup, just your normal everyday life. Oh and not to forget the two sleek black cars parking themselves into the parking lot of Cube High, the school for the rich and the best. And from the cars emerges the five hottest guys in the school, Yoon Doojoon, Jang Hyunseung, Yong Junhyung, Yang Yoseob, and Son Dongwoon.

As they walk into school, they manage to walk pass the horde of fan girls that’s trying to gain their attention. Although this might seem uncomfortable, they manage to do this with ease as if it was normal. Well it kinda was.

After collecting their books from their lockers, they all gather together at homeroom, sitting in their usual seats in the back. Always the conversationalist, Yoseob asked the first thing on his mind, “So did you guys hear about the new transfer student from America?”

“Yeah but I didn’t hear anything else other than that they’re from America,” Dongwoon said.

“Why the sudden interest Yoseob?” Junhyung ask. “We never cared for anybody else that transferred here before.”

“I don’t know. I just wanted to just put it out there.”

“Well speaking about putting it out there,” Hyunseung interjected, “are you guys still coming to see me perform in the school play this Thursday?” And like that, the prior topic was forgotten. They had continued on talking until their homeroom teacher came in. Also followed by what seem to be the new mystery student.

Clearing , Mrs. Cho gain the attention of her student. As everybody turn to her, their attention is quickly averted to the new boy. Seeing the boy growing nervous, Mrs. Cho decided to break the news. “Ok student today we’ll be join by a new student today. Why don’t you introduce yourself sweetheart?”

Finally looking up at the class, he cleared his throat before speaking. “Hello everybody. My name is Lee Kikwang, and I just recently moved here from America. So please take care of me, and I hope that we can be become great friends.” And he finishes up with an adorable eye-smile. Seeing this seem to have captured the hearts of the students, as well as the five boys in the back.

“Thank you for that introduction Kikwang. Sit wherever there’s a seat available.”

Giving her a quick bow, Kikwang went to one of the seats in the front where it is mostly void of student.

As the lesson went on, none of the five boys could take their eyes off of the new student. They would’ve kept on staring if it wasn’t for the lunch bell ringing. As everybody made their way outside, the boys in the back stayed where they, were deep in thought.

“Um… Well…” Hyunseung was kind of speechless at the moment.

“I think I’m going to ask him out,” Dongwoon blurted out.

“Wait, why?” Yoseob asked.

“Because I think he was kinda adorable, so why not.”

“No, I meant why should you ask him? Maybe I wanted to do that.”

“And what makes you guys think that he’ll choose either of you?” Junhyung ask. “He will obviously say yes to me though.”

“Wait a minute. Are you guys telling me we’re all thinking the same thing?” Hyunseung asked. “If that’s so, then how about a bet?”

“What kind of bet?” Yoseob ask.

“One chance. We all get one chance to get Lee Kikwang’s heart. If you fail or mess up, then you are eliminated and becomes the winner’s servant for a whole week. Deal?”

“I’m game,” Doojoon said.

“Count me in,” followed Yoseob.

“Me three,” said Dongwoon.

“Like I’ll miss out on this,” Junhyung confirmed.

“So that’s it. The bet’s on. Whoever can make Kikwang fall for them is the winner.”