Lee Jaehwan (Ken)

VIXX

"Omo!!! Wonshik! Look at these wittle puppies!!!" I squealed reaching for my bored-out-of-his-mind brother.

"MinJi, I have already seen them before." 

I pouted. "You're no fun."

"Come on MinJi, we need to get home soon." He glanced at his wrist watch. "It is almost 7:30. "

"Just give me a few more minutes." I gave my best puppy eyes and pleaded. "Please oppa?"

He grunted. "I will be outside. When it has been 5 minutes I will come back in and we are definitely leaving then." He slipped out of the door.

I smiled at the happy little Golden Retrievers. I suddenly felt as if someone was watching me. I slowly lifted my gaze to a stranger standing across from me. He had dark hair and brown eyes. He had pink lips that were lifted into a grin. Once he caught on that I noticed his presence, he waved.

Being startled, I remained still. 

"My name is Lee JaeHwan. I noticed that you seem to love little furry creatures just like me. What is your name?"

I hesitated before answering,"Kim MinJi." 

"Wow. That is a very pretty name."

I blushed. "Thank you."

"So, do I look as cute as Hercules or what?" He held up one of the puppies to his face and pouted cutely.

I giggled. "His name is Hercules?" 

"Yeah! I know that because I work here!" He suddenly frowned, "Are you dodging the question because you think he is cuter than me?"

At that moment, Ravi poked my arm. "It is time to go." He gave Jae Hwan a once-over before pulling me after him. I waved goodbye to my new friend.

~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, I am going out!" I snatched the car keys and left to my favorite pet store.

"So, what is it like having the greatest job ever?" I questioned Ken as he changed out the bird's food dishes. Jae Hwan told me his friends call him Ken so, I should too.

"Pretty amazing. I get to be in contact with my favorite thing almost all of the time." 

I exhaled while picking up a bird toy. "I wish I could work here." 

"Why can't you?" Ken inquired.

"My mom won't let me get a job. She says that I need to sit still since my brother can provide for us with his career. " I frowned. "I don't want to put all of that weight on my brother and I want to earn my own money."

He lightly scratched the parakeet's face. "Couldn't you get a job without her knowing?" 

"I wouldn't want to lie to her about my whereabouts. Plus, it is amusing just to watch you work so, I am content." I did a little bit of aegyo to brighten the mood.

He smiled and returned the bird to it's perch. "Since you have such a hard life, I want to show you something." He laced his fingers with mine and pulled me into the back room.

I looked around worriedly. "Won't I get in trouble? I am not suppose to be in here."

He dismissed what I said. "They love me. They won't care." He pulled me towards a small box hidden with a white blanket.

He slowly lifted it to show me a small pomeranian. I gasped. 

He placed his fingers on his lips. "Shh. This is the first arrival. No one else knows about her. This little girl is very rare."

I gently grazed her fur with the tip of my fingers. "Wow. This did make me happier." I smiled at him. I felt him pat my head and disappear out of the room. He left me alone for about two minutes before coming back with some dog treats. He sectioned some for me to give the puppy and some for him. The little girl my hand happily after finishing the treats off. I dusted my pants off and stood up. Ken followed my actions. I quickly thanked him while I hugged him and ran out of the room. I had to leave or my mom would send my big brother after me.

~~~~

I kept coming to the pet shop for the next few months. Ken and I had grown closer. The Pomeranians were quite popular on the selling list.

"So, a job position opened up." Ken spoke up as I aided him in refilling the cats water bowls.

"Ken, you know what I told you about my mom. She won't let me." 

"You basically work here anyway. The only difference is that you don't get paid." He gestured to my occupied hands.

"I know." I offered a smile. "But, still."

"Can you try talking to her?" He questioned.

"I guess." I really didn't want to. If she even heard that I had gone behind her back for all of these months just to see Ken she would kill me.

~~~~~~~

The next day had been raining. I ran into the shop accidentally falling over and pulling Ken down with me. 

"Woah! MinJi! What is it?"

"I persuaded her! I can work here!"

"How? I knew it would work out!" He shouted hugging me.

"My brother helped a little bit in persuading. Without him, I would have been in the same position as yesterday."

"That is great." His breathing slowed as he pushed a stray lock of wet hair out of my face.

"I know."  I leaned into him.

Suddenly, a little puppy pushed his way into our bubble and started to my face. 

"I guess Hercules is happy too." Ken chuckled. I picked Hercules up and helped hoist Ken back to his feet. 

"I must have knocked H out of your hands when I busted in here." I rubbed my neck sheepishly. "Not a great way to start my first day."

Jae Hwan took H out of my hands and placed him back in his little pen without looking away from me. He placed his hand behind my neck and pulled me into a kiss.

"Now, I can really die happily. I am going to be in contact with the things I favor most all of the time now." 

I blushed. He held my hand and led me to the stack of papers I had to fill out. Surrounded by animals and Ken, I could fill out these papers with ease.

~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) I hope this verrryyyyyyy late update is worthy of being read. I am so sorry for taking so long. Please enjoy my lil' peeps. ^^