I Have to Let Go

I Have to Let Go

We met 2 years ago, at a bus stop. A very cliche love story. It was a beautiful evening but I didn't expect it would rain. Well, honestly I expected it. Everything was just a mess on that day. I broke up with my boyfriend that day. What disappoint me the most was, I wore my best dress on that day, hoping maybe he would take me on a beautiful spring date. It turned out, he met someone, who was prettier, maybe nicer than I am but if that girl is nice, why would he steal someone else's boyfriend. Or maybe, it was my boyfriend being a douchebag he is. Back to how I met this wonderful man, Lee Byunghun.

So, it was raining and I cried at the bus stop. I refused to ride on every bus that stops. I even missed the one that was heading to my neighborhood. So, that day Byunghun came running to avoid the rain. I was being too emotional and thought like this was some kind of movie and left my umbrella and walked in the rain. Just to make myself felt worser. Byunghun saw my umbrella and took it. 

"Excuse me, miss!" He called me. "I believe this is you umbrella. Its raining heavily." Being the gentleman he is, he ran towards me and opened the umbrella. "Take it." 

"It's okay. You take it." I covered my face to avoid having an eye contact so that he won't know I was crying. 

But, somehow he knew I was crying. Surprisingly, he took the umbrella. "Thank you." He said. Well, I was expecting a gentleman. However, he was the gentleman I hoped he would be. At least, one thing is going right on a very terrible day. 

"Now that the umbrella is mine, allow me to walk you to anywhere indoor perhaps. It's going to rain more."He said. 

I remembered looking into his eyes and his charming smile. I was actually staring at him. "Why? Is there anything on my face?" He asked and laughed.

He took me to a cafe and ordered a hot drink for me. I thought he might be those kind of guys who treat a girl nicely on their first meeting and asked for my phone number, but he didn't. He went away earlier because he had some errands to do. He left the umbrella for me and paid for my drinks. 

"It seems to be a bad day today." He said looking at the skies through the cafe's window.

I nodded. It is a bad day to go out in a pretty evening dress.

"Well, it must be a special day for you to dress up nicely." He smiles while taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Not really, today is a day I feel like cursing at the weather for making my day worser than it already is." I told him. 

"Oh really? Hm, it is a bad day. Seems like it to me too. Well, I am sorry for dragging your time. I have to go now. Hopefully, you would wait until the rain stops and go home. That is a really pretty evening dress to ruin in this weather. Hopefully, when the skies are clear, your day would get better." Byunghun left the cafe.

After the rain stopped, I went to the counter to pay, but the cashier said he already paid for my bills. 

The second time we met, was at the same bus stop. Surprisingly, he lives 3 blocks away from me and he works around the cafe area. He owns a studio and make music for a living he said. So, that time I decided we should be introducing ourselves. So, I learned that his name is Lee Byunghun and he claims himself to be a total loser that never gives up. Which is funny but, attractive. A loser that never gives up. The kind of people that will soon be successful I thought. 

"Well, my name is Baek Jinhee. My work might sound really boring but I am actually a teacher." I told him. 

"Wow, a teacher. That is interesting." He said.

"I teach handicapped childrens." I said. 

Byunghun told me that it takes a lot of courage and hard work to do what I do. 

After meeting him almost everyday at the bus stop. Sitting next to each other each day, we began exchanging our days like how it went, how his music sounded like monkeys jumping around and how some childrens would puke on me. Random things were what we talked about. Byunghun was very polite that he thought asking for my number made him thought I would think of him as someone who crossed over the 'comfort-zone' I was having. I insisted and said, it was completely okay. Believe me, after a year of talking only on the bus, we finally exchanged our number.

So, we started hanging out more like, sometimes Byunghun might get free movie tickets since he does have some actor friends. He would always ask me out just for the dinner. He said what I do for a living is interesting. When I think what he does is even more interesting. So, it was like that until I knew I was falling for him. The very sweet, polite Lee Byunghun. An honest man who smiles sweetly at you. A man who would try not to look you into your eyes just because he's afraid you might feel nervous. That kind of man. A dream guy type. Lee Byunghun.

After a few months, we were even closer to each other, he confessed to me saying that I shouldn't trust him so much. He said he was a rebelled kid. Well, a bit true. He ran away from home just to persue his dreams on doing music because his family is a 'doctor-family'. But, it was brave of him to do that. Luckily he ended up well. But, I dare put my life to trust him. He's very trustable. 

So, one day he invited me to the cafe we went after our first meeting. He took out a box. He said there was a musical box in it. I opened it and a song was playing. It was his self composed song and he sang to me using the few seconds of the music box. He was...

a terrible singer. I have to admit. I was laughing at his singing until I realize his lyrics "Your heart is very beautiful, I hope I would have a place somewhere in that beautifu place." I froze. I put down the music box and finally looked at his eyes. This time he didn't look away. 

"Why are you smiling like that? Now, you are making me nervous." He laughed. He adjusted his sitting position and look into my eyes. "Jinhee-ah, well this is awkward but, I really hope somewhere in that beautiful heart of yours, there's a place for me. Cause, there's a place I have for you in my heart and it is very special." He said and smiled. "Is it too cheesy? Well, love was made to be cheesy so that you would get obessed of happiness. Isn't it?" He said. 

His lame jokes. Would always win my heart. 

Ofcourse, I said yes. Or this story won't even exist.

So well, I won't go deeper about our love story. First couple kiss, done. It was after a date we went on. Fine, a bit more details. It was when we were riding the ferris wheel, we almost kissed all through the ride but no we didn't. First night together? Maybe I would go further. 

I went to his house, and played some of his musical instruments. It's just so amazing how multi-talented he is. I mean, well, his musical ability is no joke for someone like me who can't even sing the DoReMi right. So, he was teaching me to play the piano and somehow, I made the move I hugged him cause I felt like I really wanted to be in his arms. A man that I can totally rely on. Then he kissed me, and our kiss went dipper until,I accidentally his shirt. He was a bit surprise but being the polite guy he has always been,

"Are you okay with this?" He asked and I can feel him breathing so close to me. 

"I love you." I just kissed him signalling that it is alright cause I love him.

And so that was the start of our night. He slowly undress me and yeah. Skip all those s but I woke up the next morning in his arm. There was nothing so comforting than being in his arms. 

I love him, I really do. He's a great guy. I love everything about him. However, there are something that Byunghun doesn't know about me. There is. I am, engaged to someone else. To someone I don't even know well like I know Byunghun. This man, a well-educated man, who came from a a good family background, a person who my father introduced to me, his name is Lee Chanhee. 

He has always been overseas, working, studying and I admit that even with my previous boyfriend, that time, I was two-timing. Because he wasn't there. He was no where near me. Although, he would always send me postcards of wherever he might visit, I am still left alone. You would hate me when you start to read this part. "Baek Jinhee, you ." I accept that. I am. Two timing. 

But do you see, having Lee Chanhee is like having an empty spot next to me, who exist but invinsible like the wind. Having Lee Byunghun is like the Stars, the kind that you really adore and he's always there. I really love, Byunghun. 

But, I couldn't break off the engagement because, I would feel guilty.

So, one day, Byunghun visited my house cause I planned to cook for him. Chanhee came back from France without telling me with an intention to surprise me, actually figured out what was going on. 

Byunghun was looking around and asking me about the picture frames I have. Pictures of me when I was little. Suddenly, the door bell rings.

"Do you want me to answer the door?" Byunghun asked.

"Yea sure. Maybe it's the mail man. I bought a shoe online last 2 days." I told him. 

"Who are you?" The voice that I am very fond of. "Chanhee." I panicked and dropped the foods on the floor. 

"Who are you?" Byunghun asked him. 

"My name is Lee Chanhee. Did Jinhee moved? I'm pretty sure Baek Jinhee lives here." Chanhee said. 

"No, erm, Jinhee-ah, do you know this guy? He would want to meet you." Byunghun asked nervously. "Perhaps you are?" He was asking.

"Her fiance" He said. Byunghun's eyes widened. 

"Impossible." Byunghun said. "Jin-Jinhee-ah." That moment, I was infront both of them being the kind of , Byunghun had never expected from me.

"I can explain." I said. No, actually I can't. How should anyone forgive someone who has cheated. The victim here is Byunghun and Chanhee. 

"Jinhee-ah I need your explaination." Chanhee asked. 

Well, Byunghun on the other hand, felt guilty. He looked at Chanhee and look at me again. His eyes, were teary. 

"Erm, look I'm sorry man. I didn't know. I am really sorry." Byunghun grabbed his things and left. 

Chanhee close the door after Byunghun left and hug me. "Whatever had happen, I just don't want to remember. Just, I hope it won't happen again. Listening to any explaination would make it even more painful for me." 

I cried. I really loved him. I really do. 

"I'm sorry. I am not a kind girl, I am not an angel. I cheated on you. Why would you be nice to me?" I said to Chanhee

"Because I wasn't there for you." He said. "I knew this would happen. I trusted you, and I know you would have felt lonely." 

"What?"

"At least he was there to take care of you." Chanhee confessed "But now I've return for good and I am not mad at you. Instead, it was all my fault. Not yours." He hugged me. 

I can't really break off the engagement. I would really disappoint my dad and there I was in my life's biggest dilemma. I don't deserve neither both. 

But, Byunghun, he was different. He was so nice, and I was so bad and soon I realized, he deserved someone better than I am. I am not even good to compare to. So, Byunghun kept quiet and I tried to contact him but he won't pick up. 

One day, he finally called me and wanted to meet.

"Lee Chanhee, seems like a nice guy." Byunghun said.

That was the start of our conversationa and I know, he was disappointed. I wanted to be with him and leave Chanhee but, neither both decision would just make me another . Still, a really bad person. Byunghun, is just so nice, that he blamed himself that I cheated. He said if he knew earlier he would have just became friends. But, it was all my fault. However, I knew, this wonderful man, deserves a wonderful faithful woman. A woman that would make him turn her every steps into music and not me. 

"I just want to know, if you-"

"I think it's not working for us." I said before he made me choose which would make my life more miserable. "I did you wrong and you can't accept me. I used to tell you about the movie I watch and I told you, 'people accepts the love they think they deserve'. It is not that I hate you so much or out of guilt but, Byunghun,you are a really wonderful man. Every girl's dream guy and I am, a nightmare. I can't accept your love anymore, I don't deserve it. You are a great guy. A wonderful person and please, don't stop being one. I am sorry. I knew I was wrong." I told him and he cried. He was really crying badly. 

I wanted him to forget me. I wanted him to know that a person like me don't deserve his love. So, I just walked away coldly, holding back my tears. Hoping he would forget me, find the person who deserves his love.

Then, I have to start over, and turn over a new leaf, after realizing both Chanhee and I had to start over, we decided to get married as fast as possible. For him, to keep me closer. To me, to receive the love a person like me deserves. 

Even if I love Byunghun, but he's already broken, into million pieces and I was the one responsible for it, so I have to let go.

I'm sorry.