What's in a name?

Teacher's Pet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Hi my lovely readers! Just wanted to note that the woman in the prologue is not Jessica. She's just some random person that I used to illustrate Yuri's heartbreaker status. Thanks for the support and please let me know what you think! Thanks. <3

 

Chapter 01

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.
Jess C. Scott

“Kwon Yuri!?” screamed Jessica, perhaps a little too loud, “THE Kwon Yuri?”

 

“This is like the best day of my life,” remarked Sooyoung, smiling at her friend, “She trained SHINee, Super Junior, TVXQ and now she'll be instructing us!”

 

“I know right?” Jessica smiled at her friend. Sooyoung was nineteen years old as well and had a feminine, slim silhouette and silky, black shoulder-length hair. Sooyoung was one of the first girls to befriend Jessica among the female trainees, which Jessica was extremely grateful for. She had difficulties approaching people and was so glad that Sooyoung had taken the initiative to approach her.

 

“And better yet—we'll be together! Nothing can go wrong if I have my best friend and sidekick with me,” said Jessica happily. She chewed on the side of her lip as she looked at the class roster list posted on the wall outside of their music classroom.

 

“Hmm....I don't know any of these other girls,” observed Jessica, “Taeyeon, Seohyun, Sunny...do you know any of them?”

 

Sooyoung smiled at Jessica's eagerness and inquisitiveness. “Kind of. They're all really nice and super talented.”

 

“I see...” murmured Jessica absently as she reread Yuri's name. It was odd that Yuri Kwon was teaching a class full of novice female trainees...

 

“Come on, Sica,” yelled Sooyoung as she made her way into the classroom, “Let's try to get front row seats!”

 

Jessica's head jerked at Sooyoung's shout. She quickly followed the taller girl to the front of the classroom.

 

Jessica sat down and chewed on her gum thoughtfully, unable to shake the feeling that something foreboding was about to happen.

 

A few stragglers made it into the classroom on time before the bell rang to signal that class had begun.

 

The classroom was buzzing with excitement. Sooyoung was chatting happily away with the students in the neighboring seats, but Jessica was focusing intently on the bubble she was forming with her gum. Just as it reached a respectable size, it popped.

 

“You know the rules, Ms. Jung, spit it out,” said someone sternly.

 

Jessica looked for the source of the alluring, husky voice. Her eyes quickly landed on the long, sculpted legs of Kwon Yuri and slowly made their way to her face. She was absolutely beautiful, sensual and utterly enchanting.

 

“Y-Yes!” squeaked Jessica in embarrassment. Jessica hastily rose from her seat and ran to the trash can to throw away her gum. On her way back to the seat she noticed that everyone was staring at the teacher in awe.

 

Yuri cleared and started the lesson. Jessica, however, couldn't focus on the words Yuri was issuing from . She was slightly perturbed by the fact that Kwon Yuri knew her name. Why in the world did this famous, esteemed woman know her name? Jessica wasn't exactly the most exceptional trainee. Jessica spent most of the lesson ruminating over that fact.

 

When the class was nearly over, Yuri started passing out the class' schedule for the upcoming week. Jessica's jaw dropped when she perused the schedule. This was insane. Inhuman! They had 5 hours of dance practice in addition to their music theory classes and vocal training.

 

The class erupted in groans when Yuri announced that there was additional homework.

 

“For homework I want you all to also complete the vocal exercises outlined on the 4th page of your packet. Class dismissed,” said Yuri as she formally concluded their lesson.

 

Jessica sighed and got up. She pulled down her skirt, which had somehow ridden up during the course of the lesson. She looked around to see if anyone had noticed. Everyone seemed blissfully unaware except Yuri, who was gazing at her darkly. Jessica felt like there was a sizzling electric current emanating from their connected gazes and was the first one to look away.

 

Jessica quickly gathered all her things and had just turned to leave when Yuri called out her name again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter