A New Start

Farewell

14th June; 7:59 am

 

Morning.

 

The sun lightning his room completely.

 

It's bright ray finding a way to the pearly white bed sheets. They were so soft and feathery, yet incomparable to his honey brown silky hair that was sticking out in all possible directions, perfectly contrasting the white surrounding.

 

 

 

14th June;  8:00am

 

A wake-up alarm rang but the boy tried his very best to ignore it.

It was the first Saturday after the school finished, which means no more school, no more singing classes, no more soccer... completely free starting from today.

 

He continued on dreaming again soon.

 

Still half asleep, he felt something poking his cheek - Mango. Gosh, this cat never stops.

His eyes now half-way opened, exposing his dark chocolate coloured eye irises just a bit, he took his phone feeling all excited to start a new day until...

 

''OH MY GOD 11 AM?! Why am I.... What... H-How? I. Overslept?!!''

 

Luhan usually never sleeps much. In fact, he's one of those people who wake up very easily and are more likely to choose not to sleep, but seems like today he was extremely exhausted because of the finals, concerts and practices he had for the past few weeks. He always gave 100% of himself in everything he did which lead to this kind of mental/physical stage.

 

He popped out of the bed as quick as he could, not even caring about the mess he left behind him. He took some clean, fresh clothes and underwear and entered the bathroom. 

Following his everyday morning routine, he had to take a shower too. He took off his light blue colored pajamas that had a cute deer picture on the top part. 

It felt so good, a lukewarm water splashing him until every part of his body was wet, the feeling of a cooling sensation from top to bottom of his entire body, giving him all the pleasure he wanted at that very moment - Nothing is better than this. 

This was all he needed since, even though it was still the beginning of summer, the temperature was too high already.

 

Mumbling one of his favorite Chinese songs, he carefully got out of the shower trying not to break a bone, wrapped one towel around his small waist while another one was used to dry his damp hair. He was looking at the big mirror infront of him as he repeated to himself:

''From today, I'm gonna' change my life. This is not who I am.''

 

He dressed up and went to one of the nearby bubble tea houses. As usually, he ordered his favorite strawberry flavoured bubble tea and, while searching for the empty table , he bumped into a man and spilled that drink on himself... mentally cursing at himself at that point, ''I'm sorry'' soon escaped from his mouth.

 

He was more than embarrassed, he couldn't even look properly at that certain someone. But one thing that remained in his being from that moment - a fresh scent of a men cologne you could never get enough of - not possible to be expressed with words. I wanna' smell it again.

 

Still in shock, he turned back to look for someone who was already nowhere to be seen.

 

He was gone.

 

 

''Now what!'' - Lu Han asked himself, his face flushed with redness.

 

''No way I'm gonna' order another stupid drink.'' - he took out his phone and dialed the number of someone....

 

''Baekhyun-ah? Can we meet?''

 

[skipped]

 

''Gosh, I just don't know what's wrong with me today.''

''Hyung, don't worry. Happened to me a lot before and... Oh, I almost forgot about one thing!''

Baekhyun remembered and took out a white envelope from his pocket, handing it to Lu Han.

 

''What's this?'' - Lu Han was curious, not having any idea about what was written inside. 

 

''Just open it up.'' the other boy commanded.

 

He slowly cut the envelope open, making sure he didn't ruin the actual letter that was inside, took a paper and started reading it. He was pretty sure it was again some kind of a collaboration thingy between the artists from the company... And yes, he was right.

 

''And?! What do you think?'' - Baekhyun excitedly waited from the answer.

 

''I-I don't know... working with dancers is tough, you know.... I mean... I will never forget how exhausting it was at the time when we did the same thing with SHINee sunbae-nims...  I guess I'm just worried that it might not turn out as perfect as...'' Lu Han lets out a sigh full of concern.

 

''Hey, no need to worry!'' Baekhyun inched closer as he placed his right hand on Lu Han's shoulder. - ''We just have to give our best. I know, it's summer, and we all want to have some rest after school, but believe me, we can do this! Besides, those guys are really talented... They won several competitions in Korea and one in China already. I don't think it'll be a problem for us to cooperate.''

 

Luhan's lips curled into a soft smile, wondering about how positive this guy Baekhyun is. He gives him a friendly hug, it really means a world to have such friend, that's all what the older was thinking about.