F I N A L

Not So Happy Birthday Eve

The boys woke up one by one and Shinwoo was the last as always. Jinyoung and Baro got ready to move to the studio and Sandeul was cooking breakfast for everyone. As for Gongchan— well he was still in bed checking his Twitter notifications. Shinwoo was still sleeping soundly on the bed above him. It was very quiet this morning which shouldn't be normal in the B1A4 household today.

"AAHHHHH! HYUNGGG! THERE'S A FIRE!" Sandeul screamed as smoke began to fill the kitchen. Jinyoung and Baro ran out of the room and barged into the kitchen. 

"SANDEUL, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?" Jinyoung coughed as he covered his nose to prevent smoke going into his lungs. Baro quickly began to open all the windows in the dorm. Sandeul the kitchen fan to help get rid of the smoke. The three stood there coughing violently until the room was clear. 

"Dude, there's not even a fire in here!" Baro yelled. Jinyoung fanned himself and shook his head, "I told you- you're not allowed to cook in the kitchen unsupervised!" 

The air was still a bit stuffy. Sandeul pouted, "Now the food's all burnt and stuff." 

"What a waste," Jinyoung mumbled and left the kitchen. Baro followed after his elder, "Clean all this up!"

 

An hour later, the last two boys came out to eat breakfast. Gongchan stretched his arms and yawned, "What's to eat?" 

"Nothing," Sandeul mumbled. Shinwoo rubbed his eyes, "Didn't cook today? Something smells burnt."

"Yeah, I kinda caused some ruckus this morning. I guess we're going to have to order using your money hyung~" Sandeul batted his eyelashes at Shinwoo. Gongchan looked around, "Where's Jinyoung and Baro?" 

"They left early for work." 

"Ah." 

The three boys sat in awkward silence. Gongchan shrugged and began walking towards the room, "I'm not hungry." 

"Yeah, me neither!" Sandeul nodded and left with Gongchan leaving Shinwoo all by himself. Nobody had any schedules today and since the whole family wasn't home, it was quite boring. After eating some leftovers from yesterday, Shinwoo sat in the livingroom to watch TV. In the meantime, he also began to contemplate about what to do for his birthday tomorrow. 

"Do the other's even remember?" Shinwoo asked himself. 

 

Half the day was gone and the two boys were not home yet. Gongchan and Sandeul wanted to go out and eat since they've been basically starving the whole day!

"Hyung~ I'm hungry," Gongchan moaned while holding his growling tummy. Shinwoo sighed, "There's leftovers or you can cook."

"Gross, leftovers are disgusting! AND I'M TOO LAZY TO COOK!!" Gongchan sprawled all over the floor throwing a tantrum. Sandeul poked Shinwoo's shoulders repeatedly, "Please cook for us~" 

"Aish... you boys are really lazy. Go cook yourself!" Shinwoo got up and ran into his room. Sandeul and Gongchan both looked at each other and pouted. They began to whine very loud, so loud that even their fan's in America could hear, just to annoy Shinwoo. Shinwoo pulled out his phone and began dialing Jinyoung's number, "These kids..." 

It took the leader quite a while to answer, but when he did all you could hear was . 

"Jinyoung, what's that noise?" Shinwoo asked, a little embarrassed. 

"N-Nothing! What are you doing? Why aren't you out with the boys?" he asked, his voice a littled faded. 

"They're really getting on my nerves. Can I come meet you at the studio?" he asked. Jinyoung immediately answered, "NO! I'm not there- I mean, we're really busy now."

"Where's Baro?" 

"He's not here." 

"Then where are you?" 

"NOT THERE EITHER. JUST DON'T CALL ME-" and Jinyoung hung up right there. Shinwoo was shocked. What could he possibly be doing right now? 

Shinwoo decided to call Baro instead and he picked up the phone very quickly, "Hey hyung!" 

"...hi Baro. What'cha up to?" he asked. Baro chuckled, "I'm at the studio! Jinyoung said he'd be picking up some snacks. The next convenience store is quite far ever since the last one was shut down." 

"Right." Shinwoo cleared his throat. 

"Are you alright?" 

"I'm alright, just... check up on Jinyoung for me. Call him like.. right now." 

"Really? I'll hang up then. I'll see you in a few days hyung! Have a nice day!" And with that, Baro hung up. 

Shinwoo, still shocked lay on his back. He thought about his birthday. These days everyone was getting so busy that they didn't have time for each other. He at least wished for a birthday wish from all of the members. A few moments later Shinwoo decided to get some fresh air. He left without the boys noticing. 

 

"AISH, SERIOUSLY. WE'RE TRYING TO WORK ON A SONG AND YOU HAVE TO GO AND MEET UP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND SO YOU TWO CAN-- UGH." Baro barged into the house with Jinyoung following behind him. Gongchan and Sandeul were in the livingroom watching tv, but they heard what Baro said and went to watch them argue. 

"I'm sorry. She just texted me and I was like oh damn so I just made up an excuse to go meet her real quick, but I didn't know we'd end up having -"

"ENOUGH! I don't wanna hear the "s" word in this household," Baro snapped his fingers at Jinyoung. Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows, "DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT. SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND AND WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT WITH EACH OTHER." 

"NOT DURING WORKING HOURS. ARE YOU CRAZY? DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY OR NAH? SHOULD WE JUST LIVE BEING POOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES." 

"Hyung." Gongchan interrupted.

"RELAX. WE HAVE PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE MONEY! QUIT EXAGGERATING!" Jinyoung yelled.

"Hyung!" 

"AND YOU HAVE PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES TO DO THE THINGY WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND." 

"I DIDN'T KNOW WE WERE GOING TO DO "THE THINGY" OK. IT JUST KINDA HAPPENED. JUST DEAL WITH IT." 

"HYUNG!!!" Gongchan stomped his foot. Jinyoung and Baro looked at the maknae, annoyed, "WHAT?" 

"Did you buy any snacks?" he asked sweetly. Jinyoung sighed and handed up a bag filled with the snacks he bought at the convenience store earlier. 

"Hey, where's Shinwoo?" Baro looked around. 

"I don't know, but he usually comes out to stop you two from fighting. Who knew your arguments could become so exciting!" Sandeul clapped his hands. Baro took out his phone and tried calling Shinwoo, but he didn't answer. When Baro tried calling again, he recieved another call from their noona, Yuna. 

"Hi noona~" Baro answered. 

"Is CNU there?" she asked, not even bothering to greet him.

"No, we tried calling him just now. What is it?" 

"Don't you remember? Tomorrow is his birthday!" 

"Oh. I'm sure we pissed him off." Gongchan heard her yell over the phone. Yuna clicked her tongue, "Guys~ you know how Shinwoo is." 

"Relax, maybe he just ran some errands," Jinyoung said. 

"Relax, blah blah blah-" Baro mimicked him, but Gongchan interrupted as he took Baro's phone away.

"Oh, NOOOONA. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE EARLIER BECAUSE JINYOUNG AND BARO HYUNG WERE FIGHTING. IT WAS SO EXCITING!" 

"WHAT-" 

"It's nothing!" Jinyoung and Baro answered in unison. 

"Forget it, we have to find Shinwoo!" Yuna exclaimed. "I'm coming over right now. Poor Shinwoo, agh you guys are such bad roommates!" And she hung up. 

 

A few moments later, Yuna arrived. 

"Baro and Jinyoung, look around the complex. Sandeul and Gongchan, go to the park. I'll go look everywhere else," Yuna divided everyone into groups immediately and they all got ready to look for Shinwoo. 

"Man, because of us Shinwoo left," Sandeul and Gongchan walked around the park. Gongchan nodded, "Hyung's obviously not here anyway. Maybe Jinyoung and Baro found him." 

"Wanna play on the swings for a while?" 

 

Meanwhile, Jinyoung and Baro rang on their neighbor's doors. 

"Excuse me, have you seen a missing Shinwoo? He's about 6 feet tall, glasses and he might be wearing contacts now, long hair, small head with a big body-"

"Hyung, she knows who he is!" Baro smacked his neck. 

"She's a 60 year old grandma. These days they don't know the most famous boy groups in Korea."

"EXCUSE YOU, I AM 38 YEARS OLD AND NO, I HAVE NOT SEEN CNU." The lady slammed the door in Jinyoung's face. Baro laughed, "Hyung. Watch your mouth!" 

An hour has passed and none have found Shinwoo yet. Yuna was getting quite worried. Unfortunately, it was getting very late so they all decided to head back home. 

"He'll come back noona," Gongchan hugged Yuna as they walked back to the apartment complex. Once they arrived home, they noticed all the lights were open. 

"I swear I shut them off when we left," Sandeul said assuming that he was the last person out the door. 

"Let's all shower and sleep. I am exhausted... and noona, you're welcome to sleep in my room. I'll go with Gongchan," Baro slung him arm around the maknae's neck. As the boys were about to head up, Shinwoo appeared around the corner. 

"Shinwoo!" Yuna beamed. She noticed the clock strike 12 and grinned, "Happy birthday." 

"Hyung, are you still mad at us?" Gongchan bit his lower lip. Sandeul, Baro and Jinyoung stood there silently. Shinwoo had his eyes glued on Yuna, but he shook his head 'no' to Gongchan. 

"Then why'd you leave?" Sandeul asked. Suddenly, his face became red. 

"Well, uh... I'm kinda over the birthday thing...but uhm earlier, J-Jinyoung... I-I called him and he was busy... with his girlfriend s-so I felt embarrassed for calling," he said looking down at the ground. Baro growled at Jinyoung who had a nervous look on his face. 

"ARE YOU STUPID?" Baro headlocked the leader. 

"A-Ahhh!" Jinyoung screamed. 

"WE SPENT HOURS LOOKING FOR HYUNG. I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAD TO GO WITH A LIKE YOU. BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID , WE ALL THOUGHT OUR SHINWOO WAS UPSET. OH GOD, WHEN I AM DONE WITH YOU- YOU- WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A NEW LEADER-" 

Jinyoung bit onto Baro's arm and he let go, whimpering in pain. Baro gasped and stared at his arm which had Jinyoung's teethmarks on it.

"YOU SONOFA-" 

"HYUNG!!!"