Apologies

Living In Silence

Chapter 2: Apologies


Hyukjae panicked. He had no idea what to do. He pulled his hair and chewed on his bottom lip, watching the trembling man that was sitting in front of him. Then he remembered something. He knew sign language. He had a cousin that was deaf and decided to learn it. Quickly, he got the man's attention and signed the words I'm sorry. Donghae shook his head and muttered, "Its okay."

You can talk?

"Yes, I've only been deaf for about a year, I know how to talk. I'm just shy.."

Let me make it up to you, let me take you somewhere.

"No, no." As much as it seemed like a nice idea to go out somewhere with this, stunning man, he couldn't say yes, he would definitely be bothering him

Please, I want to

"O-okay."

Hyukjae only nodded and helped Donghae up, looking at him apologetically. Donghae stayed quiet and closed his eyes for a moment, but opening them again as he felt Hyukjae tap his shoulder gently, "Mm?"

What's you're name?

"D-Donghae."

I'm Hyukjae

Donghae nodded, remembering the name, figuring out how to pronounce it in his head, "Hyuk-jae." It was a little off, but Hyukjae payed no attention, he only brought the man out to his car, continuing to say sorry to him, only getting the same response from Donghae, a quiet, 'Its okay'.

Hyukjae drove Donghae to a resturant, quite an expensive one, Donghae knew, because he had always asked his mother to bring him there, but she would never let him, since they did not have enough money to pay to eat at such a place. He swallowed and took a quiet, deep breath, trying to calm his nerves, "N-no, its too much."

Its the least I could do

"No, no."

Lets just go inside, Donghae, if you want to go home then, I'll take you home

Donghae could only nod and follow, since Hyukjae was already out of the car. He dragged his feet a little, both from shyness and the fact that he felt like he was going on a first date. He also felt like he was underdressed, since he was wearing only a sweatshirt and jeans, while Hyukjae, and all the other men in the resturaunt, were wearing a shirt and tie. But, that didn't seem to matter, because no one even dared to look at him.

The two sat down, and after they had been given a few minutes to decide, they ordered what they wanted to eat, Donghae getting the cheapest thing on the menu, because he didn't want Hyukjae to pay for anything to expesive, hell, he didn't want him to pay at all. Hyukjae tried to strike up a conversation with Donghae, but it was difficult, seeing as he had made the man cry not 20 minutes ago, but he tried. So, Donghae, what do you do for a living? He "asked", curious

"I don't have a job..y-you?"

Hyukjae nodded I work at a studio, I'm a fashion designer He swallowed I know, how gay

Donghae shook his head, "That's kinda cool." He said, almost inaudibly, "You dress nice."

Oh, well thank you

The younger nodded and stayed quiet for the rest of the time they spent there, finishing his meal in silence, as he felt extremely shy and awkward.

After the meal, Hyukjae took Donghae home, knowing that he probably didn't want to be with him any longer, Hyukjae found that people found him extremely uninteresting sometimes, considering he didn't really have much to talk about, its not like he was an FBI agent and had some exciting stories about how he almost got shot. No, what could he say about his job? 'I got pricked by a needle one time'. Not exactly exciting, but he was surprised when Donghae found it rather interesting that he was a fashion designer. He found Donghae quite adorable, if he said so himself, and it would make his day so much better if he could see Donghae again, but he probably doesn't want to, considering what had happened in the mall. 

"I yelled at a ing deaf man, how stupid could I be?" He sighed, sitting on his bed and untieing his tie and taking it off, his shirt following suit. His shoes and pants came next, and he lay in his boxers, face in the pillows, his thoughts only consisting of Donghae.

Donghae, on the other hand, was sitting on his couch, where he spent most of his time, but this time he was thinking about someone. This someone being Hyukjae. He was afraid of him at first, but that was a given, considering how he scared him in the mall, but once they began talking a little when Hyukjae took him out, he learned how nice this guy actually was, and if he was being completely honest with himself, he wanted to see him again, he really did.


Lol whut is this,

comment pls