FINAL

A Dance to Remember

if you want to listen to the songs mentioned: x, x

and yes I know the songs aren't contemporary, but oh well

gifs are not mine

sorry if this is crap ;A;


The light comes into your window and stirs you awake. Your eyes dart around the dimm room filling with the light from the morning sun. Glancing at the clock, it reads 7:33. Just in time for you to get up and get ready for work.

Yawning, you sit up in your bed only to find the space next to yours empty. He is awake. Then again, that didn’t really surprise you since he’s usually one to stay up late at night and then wake up early the next morning. Always one to be in the studio to be working on something new. To be honest, you didn’t mind, but you didn’t think he would be going to work today.

 

The calendar shows today is June 15th. Today is Father’s Day. Lucky for the both of you, you have a cute little daughter who is three years old. You still remember Yongguk’s smiling face when you told him that you were pregnant. He’s always been good with kids and wants a huge family. You didn’t mind, but you did want some time in between children.

 

You get out of the bed and walk out into the kitchen, seeing that breakfast is being made by your husband and daughter. You laugh, catching Yongguk’s attention, “Usually it is the other way around. It’s Father’s Day. I should be cooking for you and you be resting.”

 

Walking over there, you place a kiss on your daughter’s cheek as she stirs the pancake batter. It is already mixed, probably done by Yongguk. She always wants to help either you or Yongguk with anything you do, so it’s natural to find her helping out.

 

Yongguk hums as you walk over to him, giving a short, loving kiss on his lips, “I didn’t want to wake you up. You were so beautiful sleeping. Plus our princess was awake and wanted to make breakfast.”

 

“I can see that. She’s doing such a fantastic job,” You praise, earning a big, gummy grin for her, “Well, I’ll let you two have your fun. I have to get ready for work. I’ll eat after I get showered and ready for work.”

 

“Mommy, you have to work today?” Your daughter whines, “But it’s Daddy’s Day.”

 

“Ahh baby,” You bend down to her level, pulling her into a hug, “I’ll be home early, I promise. Besides, you’re so good at keeping your father busy, he won’t even notice I’m gone.”

 

“I heard that.” he laughs. You kiss your daughter’s forehead. Leaving the two to their cooking, you take a quick shower to wake yourself up fully. You blowdry your hair and throw make up on your face to make you work ready. Next was the clothes, which was a simple business attire: pencil skirt with blouse, blazer, and stockings. You spritz on some of your favorite perfume and walk out of the room buttoning the blazer.

 

“Mommy, you look so pretty!” your daughter says running to you. You pick her up and smiling widely at her.

 

“Thank you,” you say, pinching her cheek and making her giggle. Yongguk, who had finished with the pancakes, walks over to you and pulls you both into his arms.

 

“She’s always pretty, especially when she’s holding you,” Yongguk says ruffling his little girl’s hair, “Now come on, why don’t we eat?”

 

You place the squirming three year old on the ground and watch her run to the table. She pulls the chairs out for the both of you before sitting in her own seat. You sit at the table and in front of you is a beautiful set of pancakes with blueberries, your favorite. Your daughter has funky shaped pancakes in Mickey Mouse shapes or Heart shapes.

 

“Daddy makes the best pancakes!” She claps. You pour syrup over the pancakes and cut them for her. She happily starts eating. You begin eating your own food in front of you. The three of you enter small chat that a three year old could understand. Princesses and fairies seem to be the topic today.

 

Glancing down at your watch, you pat your lips dry and get up, “I have to head to work or I will be late.”

 

“Alright, you’ll be home the usual time right?” Yongguk asks.

 

“I dunno. I’m going to try to be home early,” you say, leaning against his forehead staring into his eyes. The eyes you fell in love with years ago. They still seemed to make your heart flutter. He places a quick kiss as you hear your daughter giggle. She seems ecstatic that you and her father kissed, “I’ll see you two when I come home, okay?”

 

“Okay!”

 

~oO:Oo~

 

“Damn it!” You curse to yourself riding on the subway. You were late all because your superior decided to invite everybody for dinner. You really didn’t have a say in the matter. You end up texting Yongguk an apology. He understood and explained that some alone time with his daughter would make her happy. You still felt really bad.

 

When the train reached your stop, you quickly get off and make your way to your house. You sigh in exhaustion and open the door. The smell of dinner still wafts around and makes you content. You kick your heels off and massage your feet that were sore from the long day, “I’m home!”

 

No response. Strange, you thought to yourself. Usually your little girl comes running to you when you come home, excited just by your presence. You walk in, setting your bag down, and walk into the living room. That’s when you heard the music emanating from the living space. It sounded familiar to you, even from your childhood. It seems Yongguk and your daughter had been watching Beauty and the Beast.

 

Nothing made you happier than the sight in front of your eyes. Her little hands in his big ones, carefully watching each step they took. They prance around the room to the beat of the music, making your mouth curl into a smile. The two of them could always turn the crappy day into a great one.

 

Her tiny, little footsteps dance around Yongguk’s big feet. He had his usual dumb smile plastered on his face that mirrored that of your daughters. He picks her up as the final chord plays and spins her around making her giggle.

 

“You two seem to be enjoying yourselves,” you say. Your daughter’s face lights up, and Yongguk places her down on the floor. She runs over to you, hair flowing behind her. You pick her up and place kiss on her cheek.

 

“You’re home mommy!” She squeals in delight, “I missed you. You promised you were going to be home early.” You push some of her hair out of her face, which is twisted into a pout.

 

“I’m sorry dear,” You say, “Mommy’s boss forced her to stay to celebrate something trivial. Since he’s my boss, I can’t say no, but I missed you both so much. Your father understood and isn’t upset. I’ll make it up to you tomorrow I promise.”

 

That seemed to satisfy her and you set her down. She drags you to the living room where she wanted to watch the rest of the movie with you and her father. The night goes on and the movie finishes. Your little angel is peacefully asleep on your lap. Her tiny snores make both you and Yongguk smile widely.

 

“She’s so precious when she’s asleep.” Yongguk says, her hair.

 

“I’ll take her to bed.” You say, picking her up and carrying her to her room. It is filled with paintings of bunnies on the wall since it was her favorite animal. Flowers embellish the skirt of the room. You place her in her bed, tucking her in. Humming a little tune, she curls up in her sheets and hugs one of the dolls next to her. You lean down to place a kiss on her forehead, “I love you, my sweet angel.”

 

You walk out, closing the door gently to make sure she wouldn’t wake up.

 

“She’s asleep?” Your husband asks. You nod your head, and he pulls you closer to him, “Well I think it’s time we start dancing then.”

 

“Are you serious, Yongguk?” You joke. He turns on the record player in the corner. He has it because he loves listening to old records. His current obsession? Earth, Wind, and Fire. An American disco/R&B band that was popular in the 70s. He mostly listens to their jazz records, but he is playing one of their most popular tracks September, “You are serious. Oh my god.”

 

“You know you love it honey,” he hums, kissing your cheek before pulling you even closer to him. He starts guiding your feet, leading the way, “Remember we went dancing on our honeymoon.”

 

“Yeah, I remember.” you muse, adding flare to the dance by shaking your hips. He spins you out and pulls you back in, holding your arms. You laugh as does he. It throws you back to the dancing you did when you were dating, at your wedding, and at your honeymoon. What can you say, you loved dancing as much as he loved the music you two dance to, “But as much as I love dancing like this…”

 

You trail off and leave his arms, prancing over to the record player and stopping it. You put on the CD player with your favorite singer, Selena, and your favorite song Dreaming Of You. You walk back over to Yongguk and place his arms around your waist. You then wrap your arms around his neck, “I prefer this.”

 

He smiles as you two start rocking back and forth, in a loving fashion. You stare into his eyes. They sparkle with a certain emotion that makes your heart beat faster. Passion? Lust? No, it is love. He always made you feel safe in his arms and shows in his face that he loved you. You two didn’t even need to say anything, but you both get the message.

 

Closing the space between you two, he places his lips on yours in a passionate kiss. You tilt your head and deepen the kiss, moving your lips in sync with his.

 

It seemed like an eternity until you two broke the kiss. Yongguk whispers, “You know I will love you forever.”

 

“I know. That’s why we have the loving family that we do. I couldn’t imagine my life without you or our little girl,” You say, “Yongguk, I love you so much.”

 

You kiss up his jaw and reach his ear, “I also think that another addition to our family would make our life better.”

 

“Are you sure _____?” he whispers.

 

“Yes.” He smiles so widely that his eyes form their usual eye-smile when he is so happy.

 

“Then what are we waiting for?” He says, picking you up bridal style carrying you to the bedroom.