Final

Babysitting His Children

"Hyegyo.. How many times did I tell you not to pull your sister's hair. Aigoo"

Yes. This is my life now. A full time babysitter. But sometimes I feel like a full time nanny instead cause' I spend most of my time with these two rascals whom I adore so much. Five year old Hyegyo and three year old Jihyo. Poor things. Their mother left them with their father the moment she step foot to New York to become a broadway star. That time Jihyo was still a baby. I just can't imagine growing up without a mother. Anyways, their father - Chanyeol - decided that they need a mother now before Jihyo turns five. So you can imagine how many dates and girlfriends he had. Poor guy never seem to look for a perfect gal to marry. Most of them would run away the moment Chanyeol told them about the girls. Inconsiderate shanks. There is nothing wrong with the girls, if anything, Hyegyo and Jihyo are angels - if they choose not to taunt me by distrupting the peace and attacking each other when I'm not watching. 

So today marks girlfriend number six - in counting - and Chanyeol was out yet again. It was a Sunday afternoon and of course, I'm home taking care of the girls. Usually on Sunday(s) the girls are glued to the television watching Pororo, either that or a walk at our nearby park. I was in the kitchen preparing their afternoon snacks when I heard the door open and came a familiar deep voice greeting the girls. 

"Where my angels at?" 

"Daddy!" the girls shouted in unison. 

Shock at the sudden squeling from the girls, I accidently cut my finger - ouch. Soon the kitchen sink was filled with my blood. I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt. But it did. It hurts like hell. 

"Ouch!" 

I didn't realize how loud I shouted when I heard fast pacing footsteps heading towards the kitchen. Chanyeol quickly went to the kitchen and approached me. His face turned pale at the sight of my blood. He then searched the kitchen for a paper towel to wipe of the blood. 

"Yoonjung ahh, becareful when using a knife." Chanyeol said as he gently lift my finger to meet his mouth and blew it softly, then wipes off the blood.

"I know.. I was distracted. My bad" I mumbled my last words and turn away, not wanting to meet his eyes. 

"It's ok. Now, you stay put while I go get the first aid kit"

I took a seat at whatever I saw that could support my weight and concentrate on slowing down my blood from pouring out from my body. I swear, even a vampire could get full just by drinking this much blood, I thought to myself. Annoyed with my unfortunate luck. Thank goodness Chanyeol was around

"Are you ok auntie Yoonjung? Why is there so much blood in the sink?" Hyegyo asked almost crying. I could see her eyes tearing up, as if she thinks that is was her fault for what happen to me. I quickly stood up and rush towards Hyegyo before the girl cries. As I got to her, I knelt down to meet her level and gently tugged her hair back. 

"Aww, sweetie don't cry. I'm perfectly fine. Now, do me a favour. Look after your sister while I get fixed up. Can you do that?" I said giving a smile and ensuring her that it was not her fault. 

Hyegyo nodded and strode back into the living room. 

"Wow" A voice said behind me 

"What?" I turned to see Chanyeol standing at the doorway holding up the first aid kit. 

"Nothing. Its just that. Nothing.. You're so good with kids. Mine especially." 

"Oh?" was all I could manage not wanting him to see right through me. I was estatic evertime he compliments me about my work. 

"Now let me see that finger of yourself.. Have a seat." He walked over to where I was, took my hand and guided me to the counter table, where the chair was. I sat down quietly while Chanyeol cleans the cut on my finger. I was embarrassed for being such a clutz. It was so hard to not look at him while he was standing so near but I tried my best to control my beating heart, I just hope he can't hear it though. He just kept fixing my wound, but manage to catch me staring at him. I quickly looked away. I saw him chuckle from the edge of my eyes and turn to look at him again, this time confuse. What is he laughing about? 

"What?"

"Well, when I first hire you as a nanny, I never thought that, would be taking care of three girls instead. Looks like I didn't need a nanny after all. I'm superman" 

"Pfftt. Yea right, you could barely put the girls to sleep without them running around first." I scoffed at his comments.

"You caught me. There, all done. Don't be playing with knifes now there girly" He joked as he patted my head after he was done fixing my wound. 

My cheeks turned red at the sudden contact and turned away before he could notice. I was about to clean my blood from the sink but Chanyeol stopped me. Instead he asked me to rest. He the pipe and cleaned up. I could feel my lips curled up at the sight of Chanyeol cleaning. He looks somehow manly. 

"Chanyeol.." 

"Yeah?" He answered without looking at me, and kept his eyes fix at the sink. 

"How was your date?" 

"It was okay. I guess.." 

"Oh. Good to know." 

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh and turn to look at me. He continued talking without me asking him. I guess after 6 months, we just knew what one of us are thinking. He knows that I'm the one with tons of questions and I know that he loves his daughters so much, to the point where he'll go through numbers of heart breaks just so his girls could grow up with a mother. I totally admire him for his strength and love. Actually, I really like him. But I knew that we won't work. Then again I don't mind. As long as he's happy then I'm happy. I guess I'm used to it. Well, I hope I am. 

"It was okay at first. But, as usually. They ended it when they found out about the girls." 

The look in his eyes is just so heart breaking to see. I mean, he goes out trying to find a perfect woman to become a mother for his daughters, but it's just not possible. I wanted to comfort him, but I don't know how to. He just stood there, looking like a helpless kid. I walked over to him and offered him a hug. Much to my surprise he hugged me back. His hug felt warm and comfortable. Now I'm not sure who's comforting who. Being in his arms right now felt like paradise and safe. We stayed like that for a while. 

"Its okay oppa, you'll find her. Maybe not now, but you'll find her. And she'll be the one who will love your daugthers more than you do" I said, still hugging him. 

"Why do I feel like I've already found her?" He said almost a whisper. But it was so clear to me. I felt my heart literally skipped a beat. I didn't know what was he trying to say or hinting - maybe. I realized after he said that to me, he hug me tighter. I pulled away and took a step back. My heart engulfed me of my feeling and I didn't know what to do. I let out a shy smile, then made my way to the living room. Jihyo was stretching her arms out for me to be picked up. I turned to look back at Chanyeol but he beat me to it. He was already looking my way and smiled. I was dying to know what he's thinking right now. If only I could tell him how I felt. I was in a daze for a minute there thinking about all the posibilities but got inturrupted by Chanyeol's voice. 

"Hey girls, I have an idea, why don't we go to the zoo next Saturday?" Chanyeol said sounding as excited as ever.

"YAY! Let's go daddy!" The two girls exclaimed in unison. 

"Can we bring auntie Yoonjung too?" Hyegyo ask, making her way to her daddy and giving him her famous puppy dog eyes.

Chanyeol looked at me, waiting for my answer. I hesitated. Hyegyo walked back towards me and asked me to tag along. Jihyo did her part as well by wrapping her tiny arms around me and giving me an aegyo. These girls really know how make me give in. In the end I said yes. 

 


 

SATURDAY

The girls was so excited when we got to the zoo. They wandered off - not to far, enough for me to keep an eye on - leaving me and Chanyeol alone behind. Usually it was never awkward between us. We got use to being together alone like this when he comes home in the middle of the night after his date or work. He would always make me stay later than expected for a glass of wine - which would turn into more than one glass and we would just end up finishing the whole bottle - and he'd tell me all about his day, work and his dates. It kinda felt weird that he opens up to me that way. But he did say once that he trusted me the moment I started taking care of his kids. We spent most nights talking and getting to know each other. I literally know what he likes and what he doesn't. Anyway, today was pretty awkward. I don't know why. 

The girls finally decided to stick to one place, and for the love of god, why must it be snakes?! Hyegyo and Jihyo are big fans of snakes because of its colorful body and how they slither. I swear, if they are from a Harry Potter movie, they'd be in Slytherin no doubt. I loathe snakes and what's worse, they choose to be in a big room filled with snakes. Chanyeol manage to find a bench for us to sit on while the girls look around. I fidget in my seat half feeling like I could pass out anytime soon and half feeling like running out from the room. 

"Are you ok Yoonjung?" Chanyeol asked, worried when he saw how pale face turned.

"Yea. I'm fine. I just don't like snakes." 

"Really? Do you want to get out of here? I'll quickly bring the girls- " 

"No its fine. The girls love snakes. Let's just stay." I smiled weakly at Chanyeol. I may be good at keeping feelings, but when it comes to snakes. I just can't..... 

But before my heart could start its fearful beat, Chanyeol clasped my hand and I held on tightly. I was seriously taken aback by his casual actions. At first I felt nervous and giddy inside, but there's something about his touch that just makes me feel so comfortable and familiar. It took me a while to relax and adjust to this new experience. Then suddenly our hands automatically entwined together. I tried to look away but it was too late. He was already looking at me. Our eyes locked and my heart started racing again from the sudden intimacy. 

He then slowly leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on my lips and quickly pulled away after a few second. I was so surprise by what he did to the point where I just sat there looking like an idiot. Did Chanyeol just kissesd me? Does he like me? I thought to myself. Well only one way to find out..

"Chanyeol.." 

"Ye-" My hands found the back of his head and pulled him closer. Our lips touched again and this time it felt more than just a quick peck on the lips. It was more passionate and intense. His hands slips to the small of my back sending chills down my spine. I pulled away and stormed out from the snake room. 

What the hell?! What is wrong with me? I mentally cursed myself as my pace quickens. I heard Chanyeol calling my name but I that made me walked even faster. Because of his longs legs, Chanyeol was able to catch up with me.

"Yoonjung... Wait,stop" Chanyeol said, panting through his words. He regained his senses and stood confidently infront of me, not breaking eye contact.

"Why did you leave like that?" He continued, eyes filled with fear as he searched mine, trying to read me like a book.

"When?"

"When what Yoonjung?"

"When did you start to..you know.."

"Like you?" He replied, this time more alert. His eyes softens and a smile crept over his lips.  

"Where should I start? Let me see. Oh! Remember your second week of working with me? You were putting Jihyo to bed and you sang her a lullaby. I was about to go out for my date that time, but I got distracted. I actually stood there by the door for a very long time, you were facing your back to me. At that moment, I thought I saw an angel putting my little girl to sleep. FYI, that night my date left because I was late, and I spent that night watching 'The Fault in Our Stars' alone at the cinema." 

My cheeks were beginning to burn up and I think my face was already red. I looked down, staring at my feet, trying to escape his gaze. With swift movements he stood closer to me, slowly closing in on the distance between us. He then tip my chin upwards to meet his gaze.

"Remember the time when you were drunk because of the wine, and then you told me you love me?" 

"Mother of pearls. Are you serious?!" I said. I could feel my blood draining from my face. 

"Why didn't you tell me? And why do you still go out on a date if you liked me? Why-" He put his index finger on my lips, and I automatically stop talking. 

"Let me finish. I didn't want to tell you because I wasn't sure whether you meant it. Do you really think I'd go on a date and come home at 11PM, with a bottle of wine? Like I said, I wasn't sure yet that time. You tell me you love me, when you were drunk. Then when you're sober. You show no interest what so over. Some of the dates actually was suppose to happen but I didn't get the chance to experience it since I'm always late for it. Wanna know what I did instead during those 'dates'?"

"What?"

"Drinking beer and chicken at the local bar alone. Sometimes with my friends. And when it was almost time for me to head back, I bought a bottle of your favorite wine. Hoping that you would stay so that I have a chance to get to know you more. That was my date. Having a glass of wine every Friday night, with you, having an intimate conversation. And believe me when I say this, I fell for you Yoonjung. I really did" 

"Why didn't you just confess to me or something?" I replied. Yet again with another question.

"I wanted to make sure that you were aware of your feelings. I know I am. So do you like me?" He said with an annoying smirk on his face.

"Pabo" 

"I'll take that as a yes. And the reason why I never told you that you said you love me, was because I wanted to be the first to say it to you." His smile softens. 

He tugged my hair back as his hand found its way to my cheek. He leaned closer and began kissing me again. His lips felt warm and sweet and familiar. He then wraps his arms around my waist and deepens the kiss. We slowed down the kiss to a minimum and continued kissing each other repeatedly. I could feel him smiling against my lips as I did the same. We pulled away when we heard Hyegyo calling. 

"Daddy, why are you tasting auntie Yoonjung's lips?" Hyegyo asked with an adorable blank expression. 

"Honey, we were just kissing. Like how daddy always kiss you girls to sleep" Chanyeol explained. Then he picked Hyegyo up and playfully kiss her face which made her laugh so hard. I carried Jihyo with me and for the first time, Jihyo kissed my cheeks.

"Are you two together now? Daddy did our plan work?" The girls asked.

 "Yes. It worked. Thanks to you two" He grins and glance over at me and I look at him questionly.  

"I'll explain it to you at our first official date" Chanyeol whispered and gave another quick kiss on my cheek. 

"Ok.."

The four of us continued our zoo adventure that day filled with memories and laughter...

 

 

THE END :)