I shall rise from the ashes

Phoenix

A young boy lies on the long green grass with limbs falling outstretched on his sides. Above him is the vast blue sky with white clouds scattered in small puffs. The wide stretch of vibrant green is marred by the shadow of the clouds.

A large tree with winding branches shades him from the sun. The rustling sound of the leaves is shooting and the boy smiles, relishing in the feeling of the wind.

The plain is blanketed by the roar of the wind as it picks up speed. A large shadow is cast over the plain and the young boy frowns dreading a storm. He leans up with his elbows as leverage. He blinks his doe eyes in disbelief and wonder.

A large bird soars in the sky above him. The sun casts a golden glow on its feathers made of various hues of red and yellow. The boy stands on his feet and stares at the bird with an amazed smile on his face.


 


 


 


 


 

A teenage boy mumbles incoherently and slips a searching arm from under his blanket in search of the alarm that was ringing relentlessly. He flails his arms a few times until his palm lands on the cursed device.

The lump on the bed deflates with a relived sigh. The loud blare of a horn jolts the occupant of the bed up. The teenager throws off the teal coloured fabric and whines. He picks up the cursed device which lay innocently on his desk and shuts the alarm off.

Now, quite awake the teen blinks his doe eyes to get rid of his morning haze. His hair is sticking out all over his head and the morning sun gives it a sort of golden glow. The soft morning breeze makes him shiver a little. He frowns in confusion. He didn’t remember opening his window since he came into his room last night and crashed on his bed.

He gazes at the open window and the white curtains softly dancing with the breeze. It’s quite early and the sun is only beginning to rise. Then it hits him, he has things to do and places to be. He scrambles to his feet and starts running around, preparing to leave.

After a very hectic twenty minutes, he is riding his bike on a deserted road leading to the woods. As the town grew distant, the surroundings grew more silent and greener. He hurriedly rides his bike until he comes upon the hilly areas and then he is on his feet.


 

“Now comes the good part.” He raised his head towards the bright sky and smiled. “You can do this, Do Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo climbed up the hill easily having familiarised himself to the place since his childhood days. He stood on the top of the hill alone, but never lonely. He settled himself on the grass and opened the bag he had carried with him. He took out his prized camera and immediately assembled its parts.

Kyungsoo lost himself in the moment and did what he did best, taking pictures.


 


 

A tall lanky boy stared at the doe eyed boy in fascination while Kyungsoo indulged himself in his work.


 


 


 

When Kyungsoo left for home it was already noon. And like any other holiday where he spent his time taking pictures of the horizon or plains, he went to the café located at the edge of town to fill his hungry stomach.

He arrived at the café in record time to meet his friend who had just started his shift. The door tinkled when Kyungsoo pushed it open and was immediately greeted by his friend.

“Hey, Soo. Usual brunch?” The blonde haired boy asked.

“Um…” The doe eyed boy nodded and settled on his usual spot near the corner window.

The blonde went in the kitchen with Kyungsoo’s order leaving the boy to himself and a few regular customers.

“Sup, Soo.” Kyungsoo jerked in shock at the sudden appearance of a familiar tanned male at his table.

“Stop doing that, Jongin.” Kyungsoo hissed out with a hand placed on his left chest.

The tanned boy hummed mockingly and poured some coffee for the small customer. “Your coffee.” Jongin gestured in an exaggerated manner towards the innocent cup.

“I thought you had the evening shift.” Kyungsoo stated.

“Sure did until I found out you were coming in at noon.” Jongin winked and pranced away. Kyungsoo merely scowled in disapproval.

“Your order, sir.” Kyungsoo snapped out of his ‘I’m killing Jongin with my eyes’ state at his friend’s playful voice.

“Thanks Lu.” Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly at the blonde.

“Is Jongin bothering you again?” Luhan arched an enquiring eyebrow at the smaller male.

“When is he not bothering me?” Kyungsoo asked sourly.

Luhan laughed. “He likes you, you know.”

“Yeah, he sure has an odd way of expressing it.” Kyungsoo rebuked sarcastically. “Why are you so hung up on making it out that he likes me anyway?”

“No idea what-so-ever.” Luhan shrugged. Kyungsoo stared at his blonde friend.

“You know Luhan, I think all that hair dye is messing with your head.” Kyungsoo said cautiously.

Luhan frowned. “No it’s not! Yah! Don’t give me that look!”


 

As Kyungsoo got tackled with a frustrated Luhan and Jongin rushed in to pry Luhan off him, the same lanky male stood observing Kyungsoo from outside the café. The male left swiftly like he did everyday he followed Kyungsoo, but this time was different. Because unlike all the other times he had followed Kyungsoo and left without the boy noticing him, today Kyungsoo had seen him standing there while Jongin held Luhan down.


 

“I shall rise from the ashes.” Kyungsoo whispered the words unconsciously.


 


 


 


 

“I shall rise from the ashes.” Chanyeol whispered the words sadly.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

Honestly, my dreams don't even make sense, but this one was just asking to be made into a fic. 


 

I swear I watch too much anime and read too much manga and listen to too much kpop. But hey, this is the life~ 


 

So, enjoy reading and leave your comments and queries <3


 

On the other hand, I never believed to get so many subscribers! Wow! Just Wow! 


 

Okay, now I'll go to my spazz corner and gush over the comments over and over again~ Bye~