First Day of High School, A Year Ago.

Two Different Worlds

Chapter 1 : First Day of High School, A Year Ago.


Seoul, 17th of July 2008.

    “Sunha-eonni! Get up or I’ll leave you!”

               “Five more minutes.”

               “Aish! Get up or you’ll be late for school.”

               Your eyes shot opened, “Okay okay, I woke up already.”

               “Good! So I’ll be waiting downstairs.”

               You slowly opened your eyes and sighed. You quickly grabbed your towel and took a bath. It’s the first day of your High School year and you were not expecting much for it. You’ll probably be a wallflower again. It didn’t really matter at all for you since you hated to be the center of attention.

               You quickly ran down to your family’s dining room. Not to mention, your father owned the Park Company which works on electric products such as mobile phones, PCs, and other gadgets. No wonder, your father got you guys a luxurious super big house.

               You sat on a chair beside your sister. With a quick movement, you took the strawberry jam bread and ate all of it in less than 10 seconds.

               “Oh dear, don’t eat too fast. Your gastric would work two times harder and it is not good for you.”

               As dramatic as it sounds, you had a very attentive mother who cared a lot about you and your sister. She even cared about small things such as type of books you should read, type of films you should watch. Well you were freaking 17 and it didn’t really matter if you watched those films right? It’s not like you wanted to watch it too. Sometimes it annoyed you, but then again you were a very selfless person. So no matter what happened, you would let others to be happy.

               You chuckled a bit, “It’s okay mom. I’m not going to die if I eat this fast. So stop notifying about me eating at this speed of light.”

               “Eonni should really learn how to eat slow, mom. I mean, I haven’t finished even half of it!” Your mom chuckled at your sister’s complain, “Nah, it’s okay to eat slow. Just take your time, dear.”

               “But Eonni is going to have her first day at Woollim High School and she would take much time to find her own class!”

               You patted your sister’s head, “It doesn’t matter Minha, so just eat happily.”

               Soon your sister finished her breakfast and you guys were ready to go to school. You and your sister were walking to school together since Woollim Secondary School’s building was just precisely located in front of the Woollim High School’s building.

               You said goodbye for your sister and took a look at the notification board to see which class you were into. You were on the class I-A. You ran off to your class without looking to your surroundings since you hated to be noticed. You sat on the back of the class and took out your books.

               Suddenly, you caught someone was looking at you. It was a girl that you guessed to be a nerd type since she wore a big glasses.

               “Ehm.. I’m sorry. Is this seat taken?”

               You stared at the seat beside you and quickly took your bag which you put on it, “Well luckily nope. You can sit there now,” You smiled to the girl. You never really cared about who was going to be your friend since you got no friends at all.

               The girl sat beside you, “Ah, you should smile often. Your smile is angelic. By the way, I’m Lee Nayoung,” The girl offered her hand to you and you quickly did the handshake with her.

               “I heard that advice a lot, Thanks. By the way I’m Park Sunha.”

               After the introduction, you guys shared stories from your previous school moment. You learned many things about Nayoung and so did she. You knew that she wasn’t that sociable because everybody looked down on the nerds and she got no friends on her secondary school. Not really different than your story, the difference was you were not a nerd. Just a wallflower.

               The bell rang. Your class was filled by other students then. You took a look of everyone in your class. They were pretty and handsome, and they seemed to be very sociable. The teacher asked you and your classmates to introduce yourselves. Soon after the introduction finished, you heard a knock on your class’ door.

               A tall handsome boy opened the door quietly, “I’m sorry Sir if I’m late, I missed out my alarm.”

               The teacher stared at that boy, “Okay you are forgiven since this is the first day of school. Please introduce yourself in front of everyone since we’ve done our introduction before you came.”

               “Sure, Sir,” that guy stepped in and stood in front of the class. “Hello everyone, I’m Nam Woohyun and happened to be your classmate. I just came back from America yesterday at late hours, so that’s why I slept heavily and missed my alarm this morning. I hope I can be friends with you guys,” Woohyun slightly bowed. The students clapped and most of the girls giggled and started to gossip about him since Woohyun was very handsome. He got a sharp nose, define jawline, dark brown hair, tall body, and those cute eyes…

               “Yah, Sunha.”

               You blinked, “Yes? What’s wrong Nayoung?”

               “You’ve been staring to that Woohyun guy since that guy knocked the door. Are you really that stunned by his appearance?” Nayoung chuckled.

               “Ah really? I’m just staring. Nothing else,” You chuckled.

               You didn’t know why but your heart was beating very fast when he opened the door and showed his face. Maybe, just maybe, you admired him?

               The lesson started. Nayoung and you copied everything the teacher said to your notebooks. You stole a little time to take a look to Woohyun which is about 3 chairs beside you. He didn’t recognize you, well never since you were a wallflower. You were impressed about how he copied just like you and Nayoung did. This Woohyun must be smart, you thought.

               Woohyun realized someone was staring at him so he looked to your direction, smiling. However, you smiled back and looked away quickly since you just had no idea why was your heart beating this fast again.

               “Yah Sunha! What are you doing?”

               You blinked a few times, What happened?

               “Oh sorry, I should be copying something,” You started to write again until you realize the bell has rung again. It was break time.

               “Okay students, I’ll see you guys after the breaktime.”

               You and Nayoung came out from the class and went to the cafeteria. The seat structure in every school cafeteria was just the same. The center should be the most popular students and it continued spirally and there you were, sat with Nayoung at the edge of cafeteria.

               You saw Woohyun was followed by a crowd of girls behind him. Well he was supposed to be popular since he’s handsome. Then you saw 6 boys approached him.

               “Hey there! What’s your name?”

               “I’m Woohyun, and how about you guys?”

               “I’m Sunggyu, and he is Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungjong, Sungyeol, and L. Do you want to join us?”

               “Sure, I’d love to.”

               Woohyun followed those 6 guys to the center of the cafeteria and sat there. They started to talk and eat. Meanwhile, those girls were giggling annoyingly since that combination of 7 guys was just too handsome.

               “Sunha. Are you staring to him again?”

               You then realized, “Him?”

               “That Nam Woohyun guy.”

               “Oh, sorry. I think he’s just getting to much fangirls in his first day.”

               “Yeah sure,” Nayoung saw the 7 boys, “And he sat with other popular guys.”

               “Yeah. He is popular. Unlike us,” You chuckled a bit.

               “It’s okay Sunha-yah. Popularity doesn’t last forever. We are friends and both of us are unpopular.”

               “Yeah I know, Friends?” You raised your hand.

               “Friends,” Nayoung tossed your hand.

              

               *****

              

               “Bye Sunha!”

               “Bye Nayoung!”

               Nayoung were going home first. You walked alone remembered that your sister had gone home first because she had no lessons at all.

               Soon you reached the intersection and turned left. You heard some laughing behind you. And you were pretty sure it was male’s voice.

               “Where do you want to go, sweetheart?” A big guy grabbed your wrist and gripped it tightly.

               Crap!!

               “I’m walking home. Could you just please release your grip?”

               “Not that ing fast, dear. You’re too naïve.”

               That guy clapped once and there you were, surrounded by 5 big guys while they stared at you like they wanted to eat you.

               You frightened up. Damn damn damn damn damnnnn!!!

               “Let’s get some fun, sweetie.”

               Those guys approached you quickly while your both hands were grabbed by one of the guys.

               “LET HER GO!”

               You turned to see who shouted. You couldn’t believe your vision. Was he… Nam Woohyun?

               “Young brat. If you are messing with us, go home now. Before we send you to heaven.”

               “Before you send me to heaven, I’ll send you to prison since I’ve called the police already,” Woohyun said in steady voice. He put his hands on his trousers’ pocket. He still wore his uniform.

               The police surrounded you guys and Woohyun lightly grabbed your hand and brought you to somewhere safe.

               You stared at him while your hands were still being grabbed by him, “A-ah, Thank you very much. I owe you.”

               Woohyun didn’t stare at you, “Don’t ever go to that intersection again or else you will be their prey.”

               Woohyun still pulled you until he finally let go.

               “Be safe, okay?” Woohyun smiled at you and left you there without any other description.

 

 

    And you had no idea why you can’t hear your own heartbeat.

 

 

               Since then, you admired Nam Woohyun.

 

 

 

 

Word Count : 1623 words.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

HELLO THERE!

SO HERE IS IT. FIRST CHAPPIE~

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.

 HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT :D