Chapter 7

Just BFFs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys Im so sorry for the lagged update and I know this chapter is lacking in so many ways but I have been really busy lately. Im trying to sort out my feelings and get back into uni life. My timetable this semester is eveen worse and the workload is just horrible. Also I've been trying to sort out my feelings for someone . Sigh.

I also had the writer block but I promise I'll try to update once a week for you guys from now on. Thank you for your patience and I will try to write a better chapter next week . Please enjoy and don't kill me >< 

MY POV

‘ Hey I’m already at the airport. Hurry up and pick me up.’ I groaned and stared at my the time on my phone. It was only 7am in the morning. 

‘Can’t you hail a cab and get here. I’ll send you the address to my apartment. I’m kind of hungover and I’m sure the alcohol in my blood level is like over the legal limit.’ I tried to reasoned as I felt Seohyun shifted her position and snuggled closer to me. I smiled at how cute the girl was. 

‘Oh My God! Are you serious with me? You better not be in bed with some girl.’ 

‘... What no?! Of course not! Geez I’ll send you the address now. Just hail a cab okay? Bye.’ I quickly ended the call. 

Seohyun frowned as she had already woken up from her slumber.  

‘Who was that?’ She asked slightly annoyed that she had to be woken up half an hour earlier than her scheduled time.

‘Uhm. Someone. Sorry Seohyun, I got to go.’ Seohyun nodded understandingly as I disappeared behind the door.

===

I stared at the woman at my door. She had not changed a bit. Still the y woman I knew. 

‘Welcome back.’ It was truly fascinating to see her back after 8 years. 8 long years. 

I embraced her in my arms as she return the hug with a smile spread across her face.

‘I missed you a lot, little one.’ She said. I let out a light chuckle,

‘Not sure who’s the little one now, but I miss you too.’  I had definitely grown much taller than her.

‘So where am I going to put my things?’ She asked as she looked around my apartment.

‘There’s a spare room for you. You can stay there for the time being until you find your own place.’ 

‘Thanks’ She smiled that serene smile to me as I helped her with her luggages to the room.

‘You’ve changed quite a bit Yoojin.’ I glared at her, I never really liked people calling me by my korean name. We were now sitting in the lounge room catching up on the 8 years that we missed out in each other lives. Shrugging my shoulders, I  gave a nod before looking at her.

She was different. She had grew her hair out and had lost quite a few pounds. The childish - cuteness no longer exist as she now flaunts this y aura wherever she walks. I admit. She is a walking -bomb ready to explode. However, that cheekiness - playful character had never change. In the end she was still the Kim Yoobin that I knew. The one I once loved.

It was funny to say that I had once loved such a wild woman whom was 4 years older than me. I was only in my first year of middle school then. Naive and innocent. Quiet and shy. I knew nothing about love nor affection and barely give any to anyone. I was a little nerd in my own world of novels. But Yoobin came and sweep me off my feet. She showed me to a whole new world and that was when I discovered that I was interested in girls. We experimented and what not, but soon that experiment grew to something more, but like every story there must be an end and sadly ours was no happy ending. 

Yoobin was wild, young and rebellious.  And I ... I was still shelled away by expectations and rules. Rules that I couldn’t defy. We were exact opposites but as time went by, I grew braver, had more confident in myself and soon I too started to live a life with no restrictions. 

However, our relationship turned for the worst when my father was remarried to Yoobin’s mother. It was a disaster no couple would want. In a split instant we were now step-sisters, living under one roof.

Our relationship might have work out if it wasn’t for the disarming tension between my father and Yoobin. She despised his whole- being. His regulation and rules that kept my grounded for years did not work for her. They argued days and nights and soon that strained our relationship as well. As much as I love the girl I couldn’t stand the derogatory words Yoobin used to mock my father. After all, he is my father. The man I love and care for. 

Feeling trapped and oppress in the new environment, Yoobin decided to leave. Her mother had convinced my father to let her study abroad in America and so our relationship ended amicably.

I didn’t want to hold her back, knowing the pain she was going through and she knew that I would never leave my father’s side. Thus she left not looking back. 

We had only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter