First Warp

I'd Go Back in Time for You

J-min Group of Companies, one of the leading and richest companies in the world is already in its 20th year in the business and still growing. But instead of celebrating everyone is grieving with their president’s wife’s death.

 

Lee Sungmin, is known to be a very brilliant, creative inventor/businessman. All types of business that you can think of, Sungmin owns it or has affiliated into it. What type of person is he? He doesn’t trample on anyone’s feet but is also a perfectionist, he can be intimidating and at the same time your best friend just don’t mess with him, he’s a dangerous enemy – is what his employees and business partners would say. 

 

          But since the death of his wife, whom he loved dearly, Sungmin devoted himself to work. His charming personality disappeared, his warm heart turned cold. J-min Group of Companies has, however, grown stronger, and nothing has changed between his treatment with the employees just a little aloof. Everyone tried to cheer him up but only the professional side of Sungmin would face them. 

 

...

 

 Sungmin spent months inventing a time machine.

“Sungmin, are you mad?” said Kyuhyun.  

“Okay, you are and all your inventions become a hit but this—“ Kyuhyun continued answering his own question, wavering at the contraption before him. “A time machine?! There’s limits to what a person, even as brilliant as you, can make,” he said in exasperation but it was like talking to a brick wall and Kyuhyun left in defeat.

 

          One year later, the time machine was completed. It had been the first time Sungmin smiled cheerfully. He heard Kyuhyun’s whistle from behind, back to hopefully bring his best friend outside the open sun.

“Kyuhyun! I’m done! The Portal is complete. I can finally go back and stop that accident from happening!” exclaimed Sungmin.

“Are you sure this works? Have you tested it already?” asked Kyuhyun with concern mixed with doubt.

“I haven’t yet but it’ll work. Trust me and I’ll be needing your help,” he replied with a huge smile on his face as if he was a kid who had just received a very cool toy.

 

Kyuhyun followed him silently, as long as Sungmin’s happy he’s happy.

 

“All you have to do is push that button, as for my trip back, the Portal is portable.” And Sungmin showed him his upgraded watch. “While I’m out I’ll put the company in your hands.. okay at the count of three,” Sungmin said excitedly, standing in front of the machine, with a bag of necessities inside.

“Good luck.” Breathed Kyuhyun barely smiling at all.

 

1... 2... 3…

 

Sungmin jumped inside the swirling silver white pool in front him, then the machine automatically turned off.

“Be safe Sungmin, I don’t want to lose another friend.” Whispered Kyuhyun as he stared at the time machine, with Sungmin’s last expression stuck in his mind.

 

...


           The Portal opened at a deserted alley in the past, as soon as Sungmin stepped out the silver pool, it disappeared, as if by its own energy.

“Yes! It worked!” Sungmin exclaimed as he jumped for joy. He was where he had calculated he’d be, the same as he had encoded in his computers. Everything went according to plan until he heard a child crying from pain and an angry man’s voice. He went to check it out, what he saw startled him.

 

“I – I – I’m sorry Pa. P – p – please f –f – forgive me,” the boy stuttered with a shaky, frightened voice as torrents of tears flowed from his eyes.

“Unless you fix that stuttering tongue of yours and your actions I will never forgive you! Useless kid,” Yelled his father, he was ready for another strike but the mother intercepted. 

 

I’m in the wrong time! Sungmin thought, turning white.

 

He knew he couldn’t use the Portal yet, it had to recharge.