Final

Feels Like Heaven When You're Around

 


 

The last shoot for the day has just ended. The wrap-up was pretty much earlier than the other days since it was only around 4:00 in the afternoon. Dongwoon was seated at a far-end table, near the corner of the coffee shop while drinking his cappuccino. He was patiently waiting for his friend to arrive as he was looking around the place when he saw his face on the cover of a magazine that one of the customers is reading. "Oh? I didn't know that magazine is available here." He muttered to himself.

"Dongwoon-ah!" The front door opened and the person who just arrived jogged in.

"Oh, Gikwang hyung.. here." Dongwoon turned his attention to the front door and raised his hand to signal.

"Oh there you are.. I'm sorry for being late, there was a heavy traffic out there." Gikwang explained after taking a seat across his friend.

"Ani, it's alright.. so you don't have any gig today?" Dongwoon asked as he signaled to the waiter for another cup of the same drink.

"There's none at the moment but Ilhoon said he'll just call if there's an opportunity or invitation. Ah right, you sounded different earlier on the phone. Is something wrong at work?"

The waiter served the drink after some seconds and bowed before leaving their table.

"One of the staff left.." Dongwoon softly sighed. "Now we'll be needing a new one who is good at multi-tasking and can handle pressure.. someone who's efficient enough. Aish! Of all times, why does she have to leave now?" He suddenly ruffled his hair in frustration.

Gikwang pursed his lips as he tried to think well of what Dongwoon said when he snapped his fingers. "I know someone!"

"Ne?"

"I know someone who's fit for the job.. trust me, I can handle that."

"Ya, are you volunteering? No no.. forget it.. it doesn't suit you." Dongwoon waved his hands in front of Gikwang's face.

"Don't be silly.. Not me, of course. There's someone I know.."

Dongwoon laughed at his words, "Ne, I know that. I was just teasing."

"So.." Gikwang began, holding the cup in his right hand. "I heard from my cousin a few days ago that her friend is currently looking for a job and I think the qualifications you've mentioned just now matches her description. Do you want me to recommend her to your management?"

"Really? Thanks, hyung. I'd appreciate that." Dongwoon tapped his friend's arm.

"Arasseo, I'll update you after talking to her.."

The two of them lazed around the cafe for another two hours before Dongwoon decided to leave first.

"I'll leave first, hyung. I have another appointment to meet." He said before standing up and leaving the place.

 

 

- next day -

Gikwang walked over to his cousin's house which was not so far from his unit. He had earlier called her but she said it would be better if they meet and talk in person.

So there he stood in front of the main door as he pressed the doorbell for a few times. After the 4th press, the door opened and he was greeted by a warm smile.

"Kwang oppa! I'm glad you didn't get lost on your way here." His cousin joked before letting him in.

"Ya, Nana.. I'm not a kid to get lost in the streets. And besides, it's not that far from where I live." He took a seat on the sofa and made himself comfortable. "Oh.. what are you doing?" He asked when he noticed the newspapers that were scattered all over the table on the floor.

"Ah.." His cousin followed where his eyes were scanning and it landed to the newspapers on the table. "I am trying to help my friend. As you already know like I told you, she's looking for a job right now. She's actually coming by today.. maybe in a few minutes, she'll be here." She then took a wooden chair and settled it across Gikwang before sitting down. "So what did you want to talk about by the way?"

"That!" Gikwang smiled widely. "So you know my friend who's a print ads model, right?"

"Oh that ajussi with the same surname.."

"Ya, if he's an ajussi then what am I?" He asked and was only replied with a soft laughter.

"So apparently.." He continued, "he told me that they lost a staff and now they need a replacement. So I was thinking... how about your friend? I just said she'll meet the qualifications they're looking for. Well what do you think?"

"Really?? That would be great!" His cousin clapped her hands lightly in excitement when the doorbell rang again. "Oh, that must be her.." She walked over to the door and when she opened it, the person who just arrived immediately hugged her tightly.

"Naeun-ah!!"

"Jiyoungieee~"

"How was the trip? Was it tiring? It must have been difficult traveling here all the way from Jeju." Naeun asked as the both of them walked to the living room and Gikwang stood up and bowed a little when he saw them.

"Aniya~ It's fine.. I was able to take a nap too."

"Ah let me introduce you to my cousin. This is Gikwang oppa.." Naeun said as she turned to him. "He's older than me by four years." Gikwang smiled and stretched his hand out. "And this Jiyoung.. my very good friend back in high school." Jiyoung took his hand and shook it lightly.

"Well since she's here now, it's better if we talk about your proposal with her here." Naeun motioned for Jiyoung to sit down. "Ah, I better get some snacks first." Naeun headed to the kitchen and left the two of them.

"Ah, ne.. so I heard that you're looking for a job. My friend's management happens to need a new staff.. do you want to try it out?" Gikwang asked Jiyoung and faced her.

"Jinjjayo? What job is it? What do I need to do?" Jiyoung's eyes instantly sparkled. "Either full or part-time is fine with me.. and I work hard too so you don't have to worry."

"So that's a 'yes', right? Well he's a model, and I think the spot that you'll need to fill in is the one in charge for the clothes in the set.. plus the utility as well." Gikwang took his phone out and searched for the address then showed it to Jiyoung.

"Gomawo~" She copied the address to her phone and stood up to bow to him. "Thank you~ I will go check on this later. You somehow helped me too so even if I don't get the spot, I'm still really grateful."

"Don't mention it." He smiled again. "Just tell them that Lee Gikwang recommended you. They know me because I'm close with their star model." He chuckled.

"Arasseo~ Let's take a break first." Naeun cut in when she entered the living room once again with a tray of cookies and juice for the three of them.

 

-oOo-

 

"Last few shots, okay? Stand still.." The director-photographer instructed as he raised his hand and counted on his fingers. "3.. .2...1..."

"Okay, let's have our lunch break." The director said and the rest of the crew bowed before fixing their things and leaving.

"Dongwoon-ssi, why don't you join us?" One of the female makeup artists approached him with a smile.

"It's alright... you guys can go ahead." He simply replied and made his way the dressing room. Just then, his mobile phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Dongwoon-ah!"

"Ne, hyung.. I'm glad you called. I was planning to call you anyway. What's up?" He took a seat on a swivel chair in front of the big mirrors.

"I was finally able to talk with my cousin.. and her friend as well. I told her about how you guys need a new addition to the staff. She's actually headed there right now."

"Thanks a lot, hyung." He smiled warmly. "It'll be a really great help. At least we won't need to wait for a long time anymore or search elsewhere. I just hope she gets accepted right away. It's really difficult without an assistant."

"I know that, Woon. And no worries.. If you need anything, I'm just a call away. Oh.. well that's all I called about. I'm hanging up now since we have a practice for a performance later. See you around."

Dongwoon placed his phone on top of the marble table as soon as the phone call ended and took his lunchbox out. The reason why he doesn't eat out with co-workers is because he wants to save more money faster so he packs lunch for himself instead.

He had removed the lid of the box and was about to take the first bite of his meal when he heard the front door opened and the chimes made a sound. The dressing room isn't that near to the door but because it was silent around the room, he heard it.

Curious, he stepped out of the dressing room to check on who it was when he saw a girl, who was looking down at her phone, with a confused expression on her face. She had black and thick-rimmed glasses on and her light brown hair was tied up in a bun, with some strands falling to the sides of her face. Her outfit was rather simple: plain red shirt, blue denim, and white sneakers. One of her hands was holding her mobile phone while the other's gripping tightly on the strap of her sling bag.

The girl suddenly looked up and her gaze met Dongwoon's the moment she did. It was then he decided to slowly approach her, without taking his eyes off hers.

"Annyeonghaseyo, can I help you with anything?" He asked as calmly as he can, with an eyebrow slightly raised.

"Oh.. I was wondering if I got to the right building. I hope I did.." The girl chuckled before showing her phone to him and he read the address before nodding.

"Ne, this is the place." Dongwoon looked at her. "Perhaps.. Do you know Lee Gikwang?" He asked her right away.

"Ne, annyeonghaseyo." The girl slightly bowed before him. "He was the one who recommended me here. Are you one of the production crew?" She asked and Dongwoon laughed a bit upon hearing her words.

"Aniya. I'm Son Dongwoon, Lee Gikwang's friend." He extended his hand for a shake as he smiled at her. Donwoon doesn't usually have this friendly side to him.. that's why other people also mistaken him as the snobbish type but that moment was just different. It was like some force has drawn that side of him to come out.

"Omona! Lee Gikwang's model friend? Ah, it's nice to meet you.. I'm Kang Jiyoung.. you must have heard about me from him already." She gladly took his hand in hers.

"It's nice to meet you.." He greeted back, his smile still not fading from his lips.

He was still about to ask her something when the crew finally came back from their delightful lunch. When the director opened the door and took a step inside, he was surprised to see the new person who was with Dongwoon.

"Ah, PD-nim.. you're back." Dongwoon turned to him as soon as he noticed his presence and bowed. "Had a good lunch?" He smiled and the director was quite surprised with his sudden gesture.

"Oh.. yeah.. and it was fun too because we had some chats in between." Soon enough, the other staff walked back inside as well. "But.. who is she?" The director asked, shifting his eyes to Jiyoung.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kang Jiyoung imnida.." Jiyoung bowed. "I am here to-"

"I hired her. She'll be Sohyun's replacement." Dongwoon suddenly cut in and Jiyoung looked at him in confusion. "Ah if you would excuse us, we still have things to discuss.. and besides, we haven't eaten yet." He chuckled then bowed again before leaving, taking Jiyoung with her.

"A-aren't I suppose to send my application or follow other requirements?" Jiyoung asked as they entered the dressing room.

"Since Gikwang recommended you and I trust him so much, then I see no problem in hiring you immediately. I believe there will be no problem with your attitude."

"Really?" Jiyoung remained standing there near the door as she blinked at his words.

"Yes, really." Dongwoon gave her a warm smile again, something that he doesn't show to the other co-workers most of the time. "When can you start working?"

"Omona! Thank you so much~!" Without thinking much and out of happiness, Jiyoung rushed to him and embraced him, taking him aback. When she realized what she just did, she immediately pulled back. "O-oh and.. is it okay if I start tomorrow?" She smiled back at him.

"Sure.. of course." He looked at her then laughed for a bit after seeing her expression.

"W-waeyo?" Jiyoung asked when she noticed. "Is there.. something wrong?" She frowned in confusion before patting her cheeks lightly.

"Aniya.." Dongwoon stopped laughing. "It's just that you look cute.. you have rosy cheeks right now." He grinned. "Ah by the way, do you want to have lunch? I haven't eaten yet, actually."

"Omo.. I'm really sorry. I'll be going now then. I promise to be here early tomorrow.. Enjoy your lunch~" Jiyoung bowed to him before turning towards the door to leave. Dongwoon just smiled to himself and somehow he couldn't help but to feel excited about seeing her again and working with her soon.

 

-oOo-

 

"Naeun-ah~~~" Jiyoung greeted with a loud and happy tone as soon as Naeun answered her call.

"Omo Jiyoungie~ are you planning to make me deaf by the end of the day?" Naeun held the phone away from her ear. "By the way, how's your walk-in application?"

"That's why I called you~ to tell you about the good news." Jiyoung paused before continuing. "I got accepted! It was a total surprise~ I really didn't expect it."

"Really? Oh my gosh.. then we should celebrate~ I mean you finally had one for yourself after some time of searching. I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you~" Jiyoung smiled. "And yeah, your cousin's friend was the one who saw me when I went there and he immediately told his team that he hired me."

"Dongwoon aju- I mean, Dongwoon-ssi? Whoa I didn't know he's nice.."

"Waeyo?"

"Oh nothing.. I just heard from his co-workers that he doesn't interact with them that much."

"Really? Maybe it was just coindidence.. well anyway, I'm really excited to start tomorrow."

"Aww someone's excited about her new work. Okay then, you should head home soon so that you can have your beauty sleep since I bet you need to be early~"

With that, the conversation ended. Jiyoung kept her phone and continued to make her way home.

 

-next day-

"Hey Woon, are you at the studio now? I heard from Naeun that it's Jiyoung's first day today.." Gikwang asked Dongwoon on the phone.

"Ne.. shoot's about to start now. I don't know why but I feel excited to work with her. I just hope she won't be like how the previous ones were. They all seemed lazy and half-interested in their work here. They aren't even that pressured."

"Ah... then good luck with the shoot! And be nice to the new girl, okay?" Gikwang laughed.

"Ya, I'm always nice.." Dongwoon defended.

"Well, not everyone thinks that way."

"I just don't show it, I guess."

"Arasseo, let's hang up now and talk later before the day ends."

After the conversation ended, Dongwoon headed to the set right away and had his shoot that lasted for about 15 minutes before they took the first break. He then carefully looked around the place in search for Jiyoung but he didn't see her so he decided to approach a staff instead to inquire.

"Excuse me.. umm Kang Jiyoung-ssi.. did she arrive already?" He asked, tilting his head to the left slightly.

"Ah.. the new girl? She arrived really early today. Ms. Nam gave her a little tour around here and also gave a set of intructions on what she could do for a start." The lady explained to him.

"Does that include my set of attires for today?"

"Ne, I think they will be back soon."

"Okay, thank you.."

Not long after, Jiyoung came back together with one of the makeup artists, carrying with her a bunch of clothes that Dongwoon and the rest of the models will change into for the rest of the day. She walked to the desk which was assigned to her and placed the hangered clothes on the rack neatly, one by one. She looked at the paper on her hand again and tried to familiarize everything that she had been told just earlier.

Dongwoon, on the other hand, never peeled his eyes off her as she moved around, back and forth. He didn't realize that he was already being called by the photographer to resume the session because he was too focused on her, without even knowing why. It was only when one female sytlist tapped him on the shoulder that he got back to his senses.

"Dongwoon-ssi, the director has been getting your attention. It's time to resume now." She whispered.

"Oh?" He replied as he glanced around before bowing to the director. "Mianhaeyo.. I wasn't paying attention just now."

They proceeded with the shoot which went on smoothly. Dongwoon's professional mode was back even though half the time, he keeps on looking at Jiyoung, following her movements back and forth. But he made it a point that the others will not notice his actions.

After finishing three more sets of photo shoot, they decided to take another break since it was already noon time. Some of the models and other staff were already preparing to leave after gathering their things when Dongwoon's words stopped them in their way.

"Do you guys have an appointment already? If not, let's grab some lunch.. my treat."

They were all surpised. And what's more unbelievable to them was the last part of his declaration.

"Dongwoon-ssi, you're joining us for lunch?" The director asked for confirmation.

"...Morevor, you're treating?" Added one of the makeup artists.

"Yes.. I am. Waeyo? Ah! You're way too shocked since it's the first time, right?" He laughed before looking over to Jiyoung's desk. "Kang Jiyoung-ssi? You should join us too." Then he smiled at her. Some of the people around noticed this and started whispering things to one another.

 

-oOo-

 

"The food here is really good.." The director nodded as he continued to stuff his mouth.

"I agree.. but I wonder why Dongwoon-ssi suddenly joined us today.. plus he even volunteered to pay." Mina, one of the hairsylists, commented.

Dongwoon then swallowed the dumpling he was eating before he replied, "Let's just say that this is a welcome celebration for Kang Jiyoung-ssi as well."

"A-aniyeyo.. don't say it like that.." Jiyoung, who was quietly eating her food at the side, waved both of her hands. "You didn't have to, Dongwoon-ssi."

"Aw don't be shy, Jiyoung-ssi. At least, thanks to you, we're able to get free meal." One of the male models joked.

"Shall we make a toast? Let's wish Jiyoung-ssi a happy and long stay here with us.." Another one proposed and everyone else raised their glasses.

They continued to chat about random things as well as work-related stuff as they ate and Jiyoung joined in the conversation too and she slowly opened up to them, sharing a little about herself.

After the break was over, they went back to the studio to resume shoot for the rest of the remaining hours of the afternoon. Jiyoung was asked to return a bunch of clothes to the shop where it was borrowed since they've finished using it already. Dongwoon, on the other hand, had finished his not-so-packed schedule and decided to stay for a short rest before leaving. He somehow got thristy and something to drink from the vending machine when he saw Jiyoung on the other side of the corridor, carrying a pile of hangered clothes with her. He approached her instead and called out to her.

"Jiyoung-ssi.. where are you going?"

"Oh?" She slowly turned around and saw him standing not so far from her. "I'm about to return the clothes that were used this morning."

Dongwoon noticed that she was kind of struggling with the amount of clothes in her arms so he offered to help her. At first, she refused as she felt shy but he insisted so she ended up carrying less than him. They walked together side by side in silence for some moments until she spoke while glancing at him. "Thank you.."

"Hmm? 'Thank you' for?" Dongwoon glanced back to her.

They finally arrived at the shop and she helped open the door for him before they stepped inside. After successfully returning all clothes, they walked back to the building, taking their time.

"Thank you for.. helping me just now.. and for letting me get this job." Jiyoung smiled before patting her cheeks lightly.

"Oh.. aniya, that's nothing. Of course I need to help a lady who's carrying heavy stuff." Dongwoon tucked his hands in his pockets as they climbed the staircase.

"And why did you treat us to lunch earlier?" She paused. "I heard from your co-workers that you don't normally do that. In fact, you don't even join them during breaks." She asked out of curiosity.

"I actually don't know." Dongwoon chuckled. "I must have eaten some kind of magical food that made me that way. I just suddenly felt like doing what I did." He looked at her and smiled warmly 

"Ah, you didn't have to.. but gomawo.. Dongwoon-ssi.."

"Umm about that.." He stopped walking, making her stop too, then he turned to her. "Maybe we can try to be less formal with each other.."

"H-how should I address you then?" She looked at him, a little confused.

"If.. I'm older than you, call me 'oppa' but if you're older, I should call you 'noona'. How about that?"

"Ya, do I look old?" Jiyoung frowned and Dongwoon laughed at her.

"Hmm.. what year were you born?" He asked.

"1994..."

"Then that makes me older than you.. you should call me 'oppa'." He declared without hesitation.

"Dongwoon-s- o-oppa...?" Jiyoung tilted her head towards his direction and he can't help but smile widely at her cute expression at the moment.

"Ne, that's if you won't feel awkward about it. Can we make that deal?" He stretched his arm out.

"Deal.." Jiyoung smiled and reached for his hand to shake it.

"Ah, by the way.. are you done for the day?"

"Ne.. Mina eonni told me that I can go after sending the clothes back."

"I'm actually heading out too. Do you want a ride? Just tell me where you live." Dongwoon offered.

"A-ani..I don't want to burden you."

"You won't be a burden. And since I am a friend of your friend's cousin, then I hope we can be friends too."

Jiyoung hesitated a bit but finally agreed after some moments. She told him that she's currently staying at Naeun's place since she's far away from her hometown and hasn't found a place to stay yet. The whole ride was mostly quiet except when Dongwoon asks random questions about Jiyoung, wanting to get to know her more since the latter was still shy to share about herself.

When they reached Naeun's apartment, Dongwoon was quite reluctant to let her go but he had to. Jiyoung stepped down from the car and closed the door lightly before bowing and thanking him for the ride.

"Say 'hi' to your friend for me, okay? See you tomorrow." He smiled and waved at her before speeding off.

Meanwhile inside the house, Naeun was grinning mischievously as she witnessed the scene in front of her through the window. As soon as Jiyoung stepped into the house, she asked her to narrate everything that happened that day during work.

The next day was the same, and so were the next few days. Dongwoon tried his best to talk to and befriend Jiyoung and that's how their little friendship started to form. Everyone else who's working around them felt happy because seeing this bright and cheerful side of him was better than the one who doesn't even want to mingle with others. Oftentimes, they will even get teased because they said it was definitely Jiyoung's doing that Dongwoon had changed for the better but they will just laugh it off.

A solid friendship has soon been formed among Dongwoon, Jiyoung, Gikwang, and Naeun as well. Whenever there are parites or other occasions, they would hang out to celebrate and if one of them is busy, they cancel.

Dongwoon would always be there for them whenever they need something but the cousins couldn't but notice that he is especially different towards Jiyoung. He was way more caring to her and the way he looks at her was more loving.

Everything else worked fine in Jiyoung's favor ever since she started working. So far, she lasted longer than the ones who were previously in her position.. maybe it's also because of her good attidue towards work and towrads other people.

 

-oOo-

 

[ 3 months later ]

 

The shoot has successfully ended and everyone cheered on one another before leaving the set, except for Dongwoon who was carefully looking around the place.

Their haistylist faked a cough, causing him to turn around. "Looking for someone?"

"Um.. n-ne.. have you seen Jiyoung?"

"Ohh~ She's there.." Mina smiled and pointed to the desk where Jiyoung was sleeping.

Dongwoon slowly walked to where she is and he couldn't help but smile at how peaceful she looked. Her arms were crossed on the table and her left cheek rested on her left arm. He sat on the edge of the table and continued to watch her sleeping face. All of a sudden, he reached his hand out to take her glasses off. Doing this made him realize how prettier she looked without those. As he moved some hair strands away from her face, she stirred and slowly woke up and he pulled his hand back right away.

"You're awake. You must be really tired to sleep here."

"Oh.. mianhae.." Jiyoung apologized as she sat up straight and wore her glasses back.

"Why are you saying 'sorry'?" Dongwoon chuckled. "Should I drive you home now?"

"If it's not a bother.." She gathered her things before standing up.

"You were never once a bother to me." He smiled and ruffled her bangs before helping her take ther things and both of them exited the building. "By the way, you look prettier without glasses."

Jiyoung smiled and pated her cheeks lightly as she felt it get warm at his remark.

 

-oOo-

 

"Thank you for the ride, oppa." Jiyoung whispered when Dongwoon walked her to the doorstep of Naeun's apartment.

"Don't mention it. I'm just here when you need me. Arasseo, go inside now."

"Ne, good night. Drive back safely." She opened the door and stepped in. As she was about to close it, she noticed that he was still standing on the same spot. "Aren't you going to to yet? Not that I'm shooing you away but.. it's kind of late now." She laughed a bit.

"O-oh.. I just want to make sure that you will get in safely." He reasoned. "I shall go now then, I'll see you next week?" He waved before turning around and walking back to his car. But instead of going home, he stayed there for quite some time, staring at the apartment while in deep thoughts. Few minuets later and he took his phone out to make a call.

"Hyung, can we meet right now if you are not busy? I want to share something."

 

-oOo-

 

Gikwang kept looking at his wrist watch and mobile phone from time to time as he sipped on his soda, wondering why Dongwoon hasn't arrived yet. He was distracted when he suddenly felt a tap on his left shoulder.

"Sorry, I was a little late." Dongwoon apologized as he sat across his friend.

"So.. you said there's something you want to talk about?" Gikwang took a sip from his drink.

"Hyung, I think I like her.. ani, I'm sure I do. What should I do?"

"Ya, you don't mean Nana, do you?" Gikwang joked and faked a gasp.

"Hyung! It's Jiyoung.." Dongwoon whispered the last part.

"Ayy.. of course I know that. You are too obvious, don't you know?"

"Am I? Really? Then do you think she noticed?"

"Why don't you find out? Meet her tomorrow since it's weekend anyway.." Gikwang leaned a little closer and added, "Confess your feelings to her."

"What if-"

"There's no room for 'what ifs' right now. Don't worry, I'll help you in my little way." Gikwang punched Dongwoon's arm lightly then he shared about his idea.

 

- next day -

Naeun was sitting on the couch and tossing her phone while waiting for Jiyoung to get ready. She received a message from Gikwang an hour ago saying that they are going to have a 'hangout'.

As soon as Jiyoung was done, she stepped down to the living room. When Naeun saw her, she kept her phone right away.

"Naeun-ah~ I'm done. Shall we go now?"

"Omo.. I suddenly got a call from the principal. She said they decided to hold special classes today and wanted me to be there to teach the children. You'll be fine going there alone, right? I will try to catch up later when I finish." Naeun made an excuse and gave the address of the restuarant to Jiyoung.

"Aww why now? But okay~ I'll be fine on my own, see you later." Jiyoung hugged Naeun before taking the adress from her and leaving the house.

 

-oOo-

 

"Ya, don't be so nervous.."

"How do I open the topic?" Dongwoon asked.

"Just go with the flow. I mean, I'm sure it will just come naturally." Gikwang assured as he kept looking outside through the window  "Oh.. she's here! I'll go hide now, okay? I'll give you a call later." He stood up and went somewhere else to 'hide'.

Jiyoung looked around a few times when she stepped into the restaurant before she finally spotted Dongwoon. She slowly approached him and stopped only a few centimeters away from the table.

"Oppa~" She called out. "Gikwang oppa's not here yet?"

Dongwoon looked up from his seat when he heard her voice and he was surprised with her. Her usually tied-up hair was now let down on one side, to her right shoulder and she didn't wear glasses since Dongwoon had complimented her about it. She was waeing a simple yellow striped shirt, paired with 3/4 long jeans and white sneakers.

"J-Jiyoung?" He finally spoke after some seconds of silence. "You look different." He smiled and cleared his throat once in attempt to hide his nervousness. "And yes, Gikwang hyung's not here yet. How about Nana?"

"Is it because I'm not wearing my glasses today?" Jiyoung grinned. "Oh and Naeunnie said she couldn't make it on time since there was an emergency call from the pre-school she's working at." She took a seat and placed her sling bag at the side.

After what seemed lieke a long time, Gikwang finally called Dongwoon to 'say' that he won't be able to make it.

"Dongwoon-ah..." He whispered from only a few tables from them.

"Oh hyung.. Mwo? You won't be able to come? Aw that's upsetting.." Dongwoon pretended like how he was told to.

"Leave the phone call going, okay? I want to hear your conversation clearly." Gikwang snickered but Dongwoon pressed the 'end call' button and put his phone aside.

"Aish! This kid.." Gikwang muttered and glared at his friend.

"Oppa won't be here? That's saddening." Jiyoung frowned and sighed. "Well anyway, should we order now? Maybe some drinks at the least.. while waiting for Naeun." She smiled then raised her hand to signal to the waiter.

"N-ne.. arasseo." Dongwoon doesn't know why but at that moment, he had already been stuttering for few times already. He was trying to look for a good timing to open up the topic but it's as if her scent was hypnotizing him that he couldn't find the right words to say.

Their drinks arrived and they spent some time talking while 'waiting' for Naeun to come. Dongwoon would receive messages from Gikwang from time to time telling him to say what he has to but he was still hesitating.

After about an hour has passed, Jiyoung started to worry and wonder why Naeun didn't come yet. She was about to grab her phone to make a call but Dongwoon's voice stopped her.

"Jiyoungie.."

"Ne?" Jiyoung looked at him and smiled and it almost distracted him again from what he was about to say.

"Actually.. hyung's and Nana's excuses were all just made-up." He took a deep breath before continuing. "I.. I just want to meet with you alone.. to say something." He instantly looked down after saying everything.

"Then.." Jiyoung blinked. "You could have just told me. Now you are even acting shy." She laughed upon noticing his expression.

"It's because.. I want to say something but I don't know how."

"What is it, oppa? Just tell me."

"It's not that easy."

"Try it then~" She gave a reassuring smile.

"I.." He hesitated for a bit. "...like you.. not just as a friend.." He was finally able to let it off his chest after a long time.

"M-mwo? Oppa~"

"I'm not joking..."

"Why me? I'm not special.."

"I don't know too but ever since I laid my eyes on you, I already felt a strong attraction and it only got stronger as days passed by. When they said I've changed because of you.. I think that's true. Whenever you're around, I always feel happy but when you're not, I feel like something's missing and it feels empty.."

"Oppa.. thanks for telling this to me. Thanks for being honest."

"D-don't feel pressured though.. I just wanted you to know."

"I know that.. I know what kind of a person you are so don't worry." She smiled at him.

"But can I know how you feel when you're ready?"

Jiyoung was about to respond when her phone suddenly rang, interrupting their ongoing conversation.

"Jiyoungie.. Dongwoon really likes you.. ani, he has already fallen for you and I am sure of that so I hope you can give him a chance."

"Kwang oppa, how did you-"

"Turn around, Ji.." She was cut off by her caller. When she stood up to turn around, she was shocked to see Gikwang there who was wearing a wide grin.

"Hyung! Why did you show up?" Dongwoon complained with a frown when he also noticed their friend.

"Hmm trying to kill whatever awkwardness there might be?" Gikwang laughed as he walked towards them then took a seat beside Jiyoung. "Aigoo.. just kidding. I'm hungry that's why I'm here.. and I called Nana too by the way, she said she's coming."

As soon as he said that, Naeun rushed in through the glass door.

"What did I miss?" She fixed her hair before taking a seat beside Dongwoon.

"Nothing really. We're just waiting for you." Gikwang grinned but Naeun didn't seemed convinced

"And I thought you guys wouldn't come, huh?" Dongwoon playfully glared at his hyung and the two ladies just laughed. "Well since everyone's actually here, shall we order food?"

"Yeah~ I agree. I'm hungry now.. aigoo.." Naeun lightly patted her stomach.

They ordered a lot of food and chatted occasionally during their meal time. Gikwang would glance to Dongwoon from time to time and can notice that the latter is also taking glances to Jiyoung. He would just mischievously grin to himself and continue eating.

After they finished with the great weekend lunch, Naeun suggested that they go to noraebang and the rest agreed. While on their way out, Gikwang purposely pulled his cousin and they walked ahead together a little faster to give Dongwoon and Jiyoung another chance to talk.

"Umm.." Jiyoung was looking down as they were walking outside the establishment.

"Hmm? Do you have something to say?" Dongwoon turned to her direction and noticed her stop, which caused him to sop in his tracks too.

"Do you.. want to know my reaction.. or how I feel?" Jiyoung whispered, still feeling a little shy.

"O-only when you're ready.. like I said."

"Mhm~" She nodded. "I think I am.. but, in one condition." She proudly smiled and Dongwoon slightly tilted his head but asked her to continue anyway.

Jiyoung then enumerated and counted with her fingers. ".. that is..I f you catch up to me, if you score above 90 in a song, and if you treat me to ice cream later.." With that said, she parted from him and walked a little faster to catch up to Naeun and Gikwang, leaving Dongwoon who pondered for some seconds.. trying to grasp everything.

When it finally sank in, he started to follow Jiyoung.

"Ya! Kang Jiyoung.. How is that one? You gave 3 conditions.." Dongwoon smiled and chuckled to himself before running after Jiyoung, knowing that he will be able to fulfill those conditions and get to know how she feels.