Tik Tok

Tik Tok

 

“I'm more interested in Wooyoung” the interviewer said while locking her eyes on none other than Wooyoung. Woo lifted his head shyly and released a scared smile. He then eyed me and I ended up looking away.

It was another one of those interview where my band and his collaborated on stage. Every time the question about “love” comes up in a discussion, Wooyoung and I become all fidgety.

Our love was like an affair, an affair that we couldn't expose to the world; it was a major rule we broke. Number 1 rule: NO DATING UNTIL YOU ARE 25. That was the most importatnt rule both our entertainments made us agree on but because of our passion for music – we did.

“Are you falling in love with someone?” She asked. Nichkhun and I exchanged looks then he released a smile, maybe he was letting me know that I was going to be fine. But then again when did Kim So-Ah cry? I was as tough as a nut-shell. My heart had some sort of shield when it comes to weakness and pain but Wooyoung's words demolishes that shield.

“Aniya, it was part of the contract that we don't date anyone until we are 25, which will be in 4 years time” he explained as he holds onto the microphone far away from his mouth embarrassed to lie to the whole world once again.

“AH Chincha?!” The interviewer said surprised like she have never heard of this answer from Wooyoung before. Everyone was making a joke of the subject especially Junsu; my brother. He hated it whenever I had to sit in front of everyone else and have to listen to Wooyoung denies a relationship that is clearly there yet not visible to anyone else's eyes.

The interview ended with me and Wooyoung greeting each other goodbye.

Awkward. That's how our relationship ends every time we go our separate ways.


. . . . .

“So-Ah, Jeongmal Miane” his sweet voice spoke through the phone. We've been through this episode a million times but somehow upon hearing his voice, I knew everything is going to be alright.

“I know” I replied.

I've said it all before, there was nothing left for me to say. Our love for each other was like a broken record, it won't stop repeating but at the same time we're holding onto this broken record to keep each other alive.

When will he and I tell them about us?

“Soon” he whispered like he heard what my mind was asking.

A minute passed by and the next thing I know, I was listening to the sound of a hanged up phone. I sighed to myself and shut my phone closed.

I lay on top of my bed staring at the blank ceiling and the next thing I know, I was deeply asleep.

. . . .

2PM have won another award for their song “Heartbeat”. Happiness should be written all over their faces yet sadness is still visible from all their eyes. Losing a leader is not something a group should go through, it's not even supposed to happen but it happened to them; 2PM lost Park Jaebum.

“YAH PARK JAEBUM, This one's for you!” Junho declared.

Tears rolled down Wooyoung's eyes.

After their win I headed backstage. I approached Wooyoung but he moved away quickly, he hated it when he cries in front of me... it makes him seem 'pathetic' in his opinion. I didn't pursue him any further; instead Nichkhun pulled me into a hug while he whispers “I'm sorry on his behalf.”

He pulled away from me then smiled. Junsu then came to me and gave me one of those playful smiles he always gives me whenever I am upset.

“Noona” he said formally. Normally he would call me 'So-Ah' but today; I guess he wants to be a normal little brother. He hugged me tight and told me that Wooyoung was fine. I simply smiled and released myself from the hug.

I smiled at him then followed Wooyoung.

-

Wooyoung sat along the gutter outside the building. He was looking up the stars and I could still hear him sob. I slowly made my way towards him; I didn't want to freak him out.

“Babe?” I started. He quickly looks my way; wiping his tears away. I sat a few inches away from him just enough for him to breathe. I didn't talk to him; I was scared that I might say something that is not necessary. Wooyoung loved Jaebum like his own brother, they were brothers.

My love with Wooyoung is sort of like a clock. It ticks and ticks; it goes from 12 to 12. It's like we're waiting for the clock to stop, so that our love can be expose. I'm not making sense am I?

“So-Ah, miane” he started. I looked at him and his eyes locked with mine. I asked for what and he said everything. I didn't know why he was sorry, it's not like he did something wrong to me. I moved closer and hugged him. I loved being alone with him; it's the only time I know I can show him my love.

“Kim So-Ah, I love you and I need you” he said as he stares straight at my dark brown eyes.

‘Jang Wooyoung, will you be strong enough to fight for me, Kim So-Ah? Will you be the man I want you to be? Or will we end up just like any other artist before us?’

Those were the questions I should have asked him but somehow I didn't. Instead of confronting him about how I felt all I could say to him was “I love you too and I need you too.”

I was that much of a fool.

. . . .

“Are you coming tonight?” Junsu asked over the phone. I released a fake cough and told him no. He told me to get well and that I should stay in bed, I told him yes and hung up.

I didn't want to go and watch them tonight.

Maybe you have already figured out, Wooyoung and I weren't in good terms. Troubles in paradise some people call it. I really didn't know what happened to us just 20 minutes ago but whatever it is, it’s making me feel so down.

Our conversation started with “I miss you and I can't wait to see you tonight” then ended with “Whatever. Do what you want, I won't come tonight” and that was it; that's all I remember.

I switched my TV on waiting for Inkigayo to come on. 2PM are performing their new song “Tik Tok”; even though it was for CASS they were asked to perform it. To be honest I haven't listened to the song, I haven't had time to be honest.

After 2 minutes of waiting the host announced 2PM. The song started with a clock ticking. I loved it already even if it was only a few seconds of the song.

*Nobody knows,
I want you like this every day.
Every time I embrace you behind the stage,
my heart bursts. *

I felt something inside of me twisted upon hearing Wooyoung sing his part. It was like he was singing straight at me, I stared in his eyes and I could see it; tears forming.

*We greet each other awkwardly in front of people,
But when we turn away, I'm the one who knows best

I can hear you more loudly in my ear,
What you say with your gaze, that's right
Your desire for me, your thirst
We go crazy for each other like this.

That I love you secretly,
that you're really my girl.
Drive me so crazy every day.
I just want you, this way.*

the song went on speaking to me; it was talking to me and Wooyoung. This song is our story, the story I wish everyone would know about.

Before the song ended, I felt tears streaming down my eyes. I couldn't get a hold of myself. I stood up to get some tissues but Wooyoung caught my eye when he stood in the middle of everyone, as soon as the song finished; he stood still.

Every one of the members were curious about what he was doing, I guess this wasn't part of the plan.

*It's our secret, it's our secret, it's our secret,
It's taking control of me* He sang without music or without anyone backing him up then he rap'd.

*Escape everyone's eyes, spill the burden of our relationship onto me
In my dreams, I hold onto your hand proudly like everyone else and walk
In my busy day, my work, dreams and everything else are forgotten
By our love going tik tok like the hand on a clock that doesn't know how to stop*
Confused and didn't know what to do, I dropped back on the couch. My phone then started ringing when I saw him placed his phone against his ear.


“So-Ah” his sweet voice spoke through the phone and echoing from the TV.


“Are you ready?” he asked me.


“For what?” I asked him as I stared at his beautiful face at the TV. He smiled almost as beautiful as ever but I couldn't quite put my finger on why.


“That song isn't just a song; it's a story – a story between me and a girl, well my girlfriend. Everyone had been asking me questions about 'Love' and I always make an excuse but to tell you the truth I shouldn't make excuses anymore; she's worth more than that” he said then smiled again.


“Wooyoung, what are you doing?” I asked him.


“Just tell me, do you love me?” He asked.


“Of course I do” I replied intently. Another one of those colorful smiles flashed from his face.


“Kim So-Ah, Saranghae. Jin Young hyung, Miane but I have a girlfriend and I won't be afraid anymore. I love her and I won't waste another minute get to waste again... I won't let the clock ticks without me letting her know how I feel. So-Ah, our clock won't stop. I'll hold your hand confidently as I walk down the hallway of JYP. In my busy day, my work, my dreams; they will be forgotten. Our love will go tik tok like the hand on a clock that doesn't know how to stop” he said then ended with I love you.


“I love you too” was all I could say.

 

.  . . . . 

A/N: I was and still is proud of this story :)