001;

Shut Up and Kiss Me


".....you got accepted"

The words replayed through his head, he couldn't believe he got into the California College of Music. The thought of college life excited him, although he was a twenty-one year old man, but that didn't matter.
"Promise me you'll focus on school and not get caught up in the parties and stuff, alright?" His older brother, Joonmyun, always told him that his education should be number one.

"You worry too much, Joonmyun. I guess you've forgotten that I'm not a big fan of people." He frowned slightly, earning a small chuckle from his older brother.

"You tend to get carried away too easily." Joonmyun watched as the younger finished packing his clothes.
The dark haired boy looked up with a frown, "Stop worrying, Myun.."

"Fine, fine... Hurry up, your flight leaves soon."

-----------------------------------------------

 

The doey eyed boy looked around, unsure of his surroundings as he entered the school building, he felt so small in this large place. His feet slowly dragged him to the office as he was told in the letter. "Hello," He spoke up, his voice was quiet, but it wasn't anything he could really help, not to mention the fact that he wasn't confident in his English.

"Hello! Are you Do Kyungsoo?" The lady behind the desk asked, her hair was shoulder-length, it was a beautiful chocolate brown color, Kyungsoo smiled a bit. "Yes, I was told to come here on my first day, so yeah, here I am." He chuckled awkwardly, making conversation wasn't in his field of expertise. "Here is your schedule, and here is the map of the school, if you need anything or have any questions, feel free to come down and talk to us." She smiled as she handed Kyungsoo two pieces of paper. "Thank you." He smiled and left, looking at his schedule as soon as he exited the office. "So my first class is 'Introduction to Music'." He looked at the map, seeing that his class was right down the hall from the office. He made a slight sound with his mouth before moving his feet, walking to room 152.

The day was moving slowly, he couldn't wait to get back to the apartment he was renting with the little money he had. Finally, he finished his last class, heading out of the room and down the hallways when he was stopped. "Do Kyungsoo, right?" The older male asked, Kyungsoo nodded as he fixed his bag strap, realizing it was one of his teachers. "Tomorrow afterschool, come see me in my classroom, I'd like to talk with you." The younger felt uneasy, but nodded, immediately walking out the door of the building once the teacher was done speaking.

He arrived at his apartment, unlocking the door and opening it, stepping in and immediately throwing his bag on the couch, it wasn't even five seconds before he heard his phone ringing. "Hello?" He answered in English, too used to how much he spoke it in the past few days. "Kyungsoo, it's Joonmyun.." Kyungsoo chuckled, immediately apologizing in Korean. "It's alright. How was your first day of school?" Joonmyun asked. "It was okay, I went to classes and came home, nothing really interesting."

Joonmyun sighed into the phone, "Did you make any friends?" Kyungsoo plainly responded with a simple 'no', which really didn't surprise Joonmyun. "Please try, I don't want you to be alone. Try to meet a girl, also, you need romance, but don't let it interrupt your schooling." Kyungsoo scoffed playfully at the last sentence, "You're a dork, but I can't promise anything." 

"You better try, damnit. Anyways, I gotta go, the little one is crying." Kyungsoo could hear the little cries of a baby in the background. "Alright, give her some love for me. Bye." He hung up, setting his phone on the TV stand before slipping his shirt over his head, throwing it on the floor and heading into the kitchen. "Hm, what shall I have for dinner tonight?" He spoke in Korean, forgetting to switch from his native tongue to the language he was really supposed to be speaking, considering he's in California.

"Leftover spaghetti will have to do.."