03. Something

A Thousand Butterflies

Chapter 3:

Something


   An approached her  as soon as her heels stepped on the ground. She looked outside,eyes sparkling in awe.She could not think of anything but regret. Regret,of not moving on her life,And regret on prisoning her own self in her dark room for more than five years.The lead her inside the ball,full of dazzling chandelier that made all the gownbs and suits glow. "Enjoy your night,Princess Hye Min." And her left,leaving her wandering around to get some refreshing drink.

   As she went near the counter,A waiter went near her and offered a strawberry juice. She smiled,knowing that he is one of her  trusted caretaker asides from Chang Ae. He knew from the smile of the Princess,She is saying thank you to him.So her replied, "Your welcome,Princess." And went to the next guest,or rather,guests.

   She sipped her juice,when suddenly a back hit her back so hard that it made her fell on the floor.

 She looked at her dress,smudged with her juice. She gasped,and deep inside she is almost gonna rage. She looked up and immediately saw his  small eyes. "joesonghabnida,young lady." And helped her get up. Without giving any signs, Hye Min stormed away from the guy,furious.The guy was surprised by the way she treats him.So he decided to follow her and made a distance.

 

 She went outside and made her way to the garden to help her forget what just happened to her. How is she going to face the people if even her gown is dirty?

She sighed and sat on a bench not too far away from the venue. She looked up at the sky and remembered her mother.All the memories,the fun times in her life,her savior and her teacher,wa gone in an instant. A tear fell down on her cheek as she remembered the Queen. A light tap was felt on her shoulder made her jump out of her seat. She looked up and saw the face of the guy who bumped him awhile ago.Even though the sky was dark and darkness covered the whole place,the moonlight above them helped her to know it was him.

"Hey,"

He called out.She gave him a blank look. "I am sorry  about what I did awhile ago. I did  not do it on purpose." He explained. Hye Min understands the situation.But,she cannot express  what she wants to say to him. So she turned her head away and played with her fingers.

He sighed,and he can feel the awkwardness around them. He sat down with her and  looked up to where she was staring.

"The night sky is so pretty,right?"

She looked at him,thinking, Why is he talking to me?

She gave him  a small nod  and looked again to the sky. "My name is Min Seok.Kim Min Seok." He introduced his self to her which made her smile a bit. "You?"

Hye Min  took her pocket notebook and wrote,'혜민 ' and showed it to him.

He read it and

smiled. "Such a beautiful name." He complimented that made her blush. She wrote down again,'I better go now.'She showed it and saw Min Seok's face fell.

"Okay,It is nice to meet you, Hye Min."

Hye Min  got up and left the garden.

 Min Seok was left in the garden wondering,Why can't she speak? And why is it that her face is familiar?