01. Family

A Thousand Butterflies

 

Chapter 1:

Family


 

          The young maiden carefully braided the long,wavy,brown hair of the little princess,Deok Hye Min,whilst humming her favorite tune.She may be several years older than her but the little princess treats her like her own best friend asides from her twin sister,Hye Seon,who is currently busy roaming around their garden.

 "Chang Ae-ssi," The young princess called.And eventually the young maiden stopped her business and turned to the lovely girl in front of her."Yes,Princess?"

It took a long time for Hye Min to respond."When do you think my mom will come back?" She tuned to Chang Ae, eyes full of hopes.Chang Ae doesn't even know what to say,so she replied her with a sigh.

"Young Princess, Even I don't know when your majesty will come back.Let's just wait for further news."

Hye Min,not satisfied with her answer,just nodded her head.

  Not too far away from the palace, sounds of hooves stepping constantly on the ground can be heard,which made both of the twins' heads turn around to the gate.

 "It must be the Queen!" Hye Seon stated,excitedly. Both of the twins ran as fast as they can,just to see the Queen. They didn't see her for a long period of time,and they were looking forward to see their Mother.

 They waited for the carriage to arrive.A minute passed.Still,no presence of the carriage.They began to fret, until such time they heard the Royal Guards shouting,"The Queen! Helped the Queen!"

 The twins looked at each other,But did not both budged and stood there. The Royal Guards ran towards somewhere they both did not know.They wanted to see what is going on but they can't.Stubborn Hye Min followed her guts and ran to the place where the guards where surrounding. "

She slowly walked,panic rising through her veins. And she could never believe what she saw.And She really regret seeing the things she never expected to see. The Royal Queen lying on the ground,blood all over her head,while holding her precious pendant.

Her heart palpitates so fast,that her heart can even get out of her ribcage.

 With that,she screamed,and fainted.


  She silently watched her twin sister,actively greeting everyone around her. She pulled the curtains and covered herself in a dark,lonely room.Holding the pendant of the deceased Queen.

 She looked around the room. She locked herself down for years (except on her birthday.) Not wanting to get out and recall those memories she wishes to go away.But that was never easy.

  She heard a knock on the door and Chang Ae went inside,carrying a tray full of food she needed to consume ." Princess,I cooked this for you."

   She looked at her and grabbed her sketch pad beside her and jotted down. Writing, ' I am not hungry,Chang Ae-ssi."

Chang Ae sighed helplessly.andsat beside her,hugging her knees and burrowed her head. "Princess,I know it was hard for you.Even Hye Seon moved on about it."She hugged the princess,saying," Your majesty needs to see you at the Garden,Princess."

Chang Ae left and she was all alone inside her room.

  Happy 17th Birthday,Hye Min ,She greeted herself half-heartedly.