Thank you so much

Every Breathless Moment

She didn’t contact him often, but Joonmyun didn’t mind. It was always nice to meet with any friend. As he entered the excluded cafe, she stood up. “Hello Joonmyun.” Minrin greeted.

He kissed a side of her face. “Hello Minrin, it’s been a while.”

 

“Yes it has.” she gestured towards his seat, “Please, do sit.” He took his seat and automatically they were served with two large cups of cappuccino.

 

“So, what did you call me here for?” he asked as he lifted up the large cup to drink from it. As always he got straight to business.

 

Waiting for him to finish with his sip, Minrin sat up straight with her hands folded on top of her crossed legs. “Before I begin, I want this meeting to be completely kept between us.”

 

He set it down, “Why?” he responded with a joking tone, “Are you divorcing Kyungsoo?” he said with a short chuckle.

 

“Actually,” her lips cracked into a half smile from the coincidence, “I am.”

 

Although he tried to keep his expressions at a minimal, Joonmyun’s eyebrow rose. Minrin knew this would be his reaction, but she also trusted that he would keep his word. There was a short pause. Noticeably, he was collecting his thoughts; not wanting to offend her decision whatsoever.

 

“What made you come to this conclusion, Minrin-sshi?” he said suddenly formally.

 

“Again, I want you to promise that you keep these matters to ourselves. Not even Yirin can know. I don’t want this to be exposed. As of now, I haven’t collected much evidence except for this:” she took out her purse then played Jen’s disgusting voicemail again so the lawyer could hear.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo, it’s Jen. Listen, last night had me all heated up and so ing . Just thinking about our rough gives me all kinds of tingles. I loved how you grip and ed me so ing hard. So how bout we make this a regular thing? Just between us of course.”

 

Joonmyun was completely baffled. He always saw the good in people. Jen had her moments when he questioned her motives, but regardless Joonmyun never paid attention to the flaws. To him, Kang Jen was a co-worker who was brilliant in the courtroom. He couldn’t help but feel immense shame in not only in Jen, but also in Kyungsoo. Perhaps more to the latter.

 

He looked at Minrin and saw how composed she was. Minrin was overall a very neutral woman. Soft-spoken and very lenient but very strong. She battled through Jongin and now she was battling Kyungsoo’s mistake. Joonmyun pitied her, simply because he knew how she felt; being cheated on by your spouse. If there’s one thing he admired about Minrin, it was her ability to continue holding her head up high even when rocks were thrown at her.

 

Minrin shut it off then turned off her phone. “This is the only thing I’ve gathered so far.” she slipped the device into her purse. “However I’ve already made this decision,” she said calmly. “I was hoping you could defend me but if you don’t want to go against your best friend then I completely understand.”

 

Again he was collecting his thoughts. There were many questions but he allowed himself to ask this: “Do you really feel like this is the best way?” He continued, “There are so many factors, perhaps we hear his story first.” he said trying to defend his best friend.

 

“I don’t need to hear his story to know that he cheated,” she said. Her voice was still relatively calm, but it was a passive-aggressive tone. She was upset, if she could, Joonmyun knew she would be shouting. But she didn't. Why? Because she was Hwang Minrin, the woman who was always so calm even when her husband cheated on her.

 

“If it’s anything that I’ve learned with my experience with men, it’s the fact that it gets worse with them. My father, for example, even when I was born he continued to abuse drugs and it only got worse. Jongin: it started with a slap followed by an empty apology, then it progressed to heavier acts of aggression.” She took a deep breath. Her hands were now curled into white-knuckled fists. “If I let him slide, it will only escalate,” she said with a shaky voice. “I don’t want Wookyung to grow up with such a father. Especially when her career has just fully blossomed. I can’t have her image be tarnished by her father’s unkempt desires.”

 

“Minrin-sshi,” Joonmyun softly called as he put his hand over her hard knuckles, “are you sure you want to do this?”

 

“My only concern is if you’re willing to do this. I don’t want my problems to jeopardize your friendship with him.”

 

He inhaled a deep breath then nodded. “I will help you every step of the way. If it’s a divorce that you want, then I will invest all the power in me to get you that divorce.”

Minrin grinned as a tear rolled down her cheeks. The thick sorrow in her eyes blurred her vision and streamed down her face.

“Thank you so much.”


just a short update since it's been forever since I've updated. so what do you guys think? isn't it ironic how these two have so much similarities?