Small Preview

One Last Chance

“Yah! Jung Hoseok! Next time you want to cheat, make sure its not with your girl best friend!’

 

Melody blinked her sleep away as she entered back into reality the dream still fresh in her mind as she replayed the scene of her crying over and over again in her head. She sighed; if only it was a dream maybe this morning wouldn’t seem so gray.

She slowly sat up from the comfortable position in her bed as she stared at the clock that blinked 6:10 in bright green numbers, she turned to look at her calendar to see that today was Christmas Day, a day for everyone to be jolly and happy. She snorted; yeah right.

Climbing out of bed she headed towards her window while running one hand through her messy hair and used the other hand to push open the curtains. She wasn’t surprised to see that it had snowed last night to cover up the foot tracks of the busy day yesterday, but what she was surprised of was that none of the neighborhood children were out on this joyous day.

“I should really stop telling joke.” She whispered to herself. Deciding that she should go out for a stroll before the beautiful snow was ruined she grabbed a pair of winter clothing and walked inside her bathroom to get ready.

                Shutting the door quietly behind her she pulled out her phone and snapped a photo of her feet in the snow and posted it on twitter with the caption:

Merry Christmas everyone! The snow looks beautiful this morning. J

And after the post was uploaded she placed her phone back inside her jean pocket before heading out in the snow to the park that wasn’t far from where she lived. She smiled warmly as the scene of the snow covered tree’s and sidewalk and even snapped a photo of a pink color flower that survived through the snow added it on twitter with the caption

I wish I could take it home with me

And continue on her way to the park.

But all of a sudden the memory of what happened a few weeks ago replayed in her head and out of no where she didn’t feel like walking to the park anymore. Instead she wanted to go back home and sulk, but she knew if her sister walked in seeing that she was acting depressed again she would make her move back to America where their parents were located. So instead of going to the park, she decided to head to her favorite place when she felt down.

Her grandparents’ home.

Even though her grandparents were out on Christmas vacation they kept the gate unlocked for Melody to get in and the key under the mat for her to go inside. On her way there she had the feeling that she was being watched and knew exactly who it was.