one

Hotel

“Come on. Please-just one date.”

“Fine-when?” the blonde replied as he was walking back to his dorm eight at night after his dance practice for an upcoming show their college would have in two weeks. He is relatively new there, a freshman who’s just been in college for four months but this Choi Minho dude (who’s apparently a senior) wouldn’t leave him alone. For almost every single day after or sometimes before his classes, the senior would show up to ask him out on a date. Minho claims Taemin had apparently bumped into him during orientation but Taemin simply just doesn’t recall when. Perhaps his eyes were too tired at that time since those damned facilitators wouldn’t let them sleep the entire ing week.

“Tonight?” Minho says/asks back as he drove his car slowly with an open window while talking to Taemin who was walking next to him.

“Tonight?”

“Yes.” Minho says. His tone sounding so sure as though he's thought this through several times.

“Like right now? With me all sweaty in my sweat pants?” Taemin asks. He hadn't even shower yet.

“Sure. I’ll take you just the way you are right now.”

“ing creep.” Taemin says as soon as he sees that sickeningly sweet smile plastered on Minho's face.

“Come on-just get in.” Minho stops his car. He walks out the door and takes Taemin’s duffel bag with one hand and walks around the car to open the door for Taemin.

“A gentleman aren’t you?” Taemin says, he didn’t expect the door to opened for him. He’s a guy but a little door opening for him sometimes makes his heart swell a little. Of course the fact Minho had been following him around for several months did have an effect on him. Maybe he’s crushing a little on the tall boy too, not that he’d admit that anytime soon.

“Mommy taught me manners.” Minho smiled a cheeky smile before walking back to his side of the car.

“Where are we going?” Taemin asks.

“Don’t know. Didn’t expect you’d say yes.” Minho simply says back as he sets the car in motion. The interior of the car seemed as expensive as the exterior. 

“You asked me out without a plan?”

“Well, I thought maybe coffee but caffeine s’not so good at night.” Minho said back as he steered the car past Taemin’s dorm. Taemin somehow regretted his decision a little as he watched his building pass by. Thinking if he has thought this through. 

“Ice-cream?” Taemin suggested.

“I know a great place.” Minho smiled at him.

 

 

“Why are we headed towards a  hotel?” Taemin asks as the car moved past the gates of one of the luxurious hotels in the city.

“Ice-cream.” Minho answers back like its the most obvious thing. 

“I can’t afford 50 dollars of ice-cream.”

“I can. Well-my daddy can.“

“People are going to stare at me in this-“ Taemin uses his hands to emphasise on his worn out grey t-shirt and blue sweatpants that may or may not have belonged to his sister.

“You want privacy?” Minho asks him back.

“I want-“

“We could get a room and just order room service. You can order tons of ice-cream.”

“I’m not going to sleep with you.” At least not on the first date Taemin added in his head.

“We’re not. Well I’d like to but if you don’t-then just ice-cream.”

“Really?” Taemin asks back and he's thinking about texting Kibum(his roommate) about his whereabouts but he's pretty sure he left his phone on Kibum's bed.

“Really. I like you-wouldn’t do anything to make you hate me.” Minho says back.

“Don’t you think its too expensive though?” Taemin says back as Minho parks his car in one of the VIP spots.

“I just want to spoil you. That’s all really.”

 

 

Maybe Taemin earned several stares as he entered the hotel and his head is practically blowing up with all kinds of ‘What the hell am I doing’ because going on a first date at a hotel room sounds scandalous to him.

“Let’s go.”

“Minho-“

“ I promise-really just room service ice-creams .“ Minho places one hand on his chest where his heart is situated at.

“Okay.”

 

Taemin was moderately shocked at how high they were going up in the elevator. Probably because the building uses see-through glass that amplifies how high they really are. He still does not comprehend why Minho would waste hundreds (probably thousands depending on high up they are) on him . He hopes Minho doesn’t expect anything back and he’d kinda worried what’s going on in Minho’s head. The walk from the elevator to their room was long and the place smelled expensive even if they were just simply walking through the hallways.

 Taemin is pretty positive he wouldn’t be able to afford to book a room at this place with his current financial state. 

“Here we are.” Minho smiles at him as he swipes the key card and opened the door.

“Its pretty big.” Taemin says as they enter.

“I asked for a room with a hall so we could do our date.”

“You are really serious about this aren’t you?” Taemin says back as he takes a seat on one of the cushions surrounding a large rectangular table.

“I'm serious about you. Now-let’s order up.”

 

After ice-cream (Taemin had chocolate while Minho had vanilla because he claimed Taemin’s skin looked like vanilla), the two of them were lost for words. Probably it was because their tongues were frozen. But Taemin knows its because both of them no longer know what to do. He figures he should suggest that they go home but it'd be waste given that its only eleven and Minho already paid the room for the entire night.

"I should take y-"

"Minho." Taemin called out his name. He's not entirely sure about what he's about to do. 

"Yes?"

"I'm cold." The blonde complains. 

"You want my jacket? " Minho asks.

"Something like that."

 

 

The next day as Minho drove him back to the dorm, Taemin was almost positive they were something. Especially the way Minho held his hand during the entire drive (Minho swore he was more than capable of driving with one hand).

“I have a class at twelve.” Minho says as he stops his car in front of Taemin’s building.

“Okay.” Taemin replies.  His head still trying to wrap around the fact that he had just spend an entire night at a hotel room with Choi Minho and he's kind of embarrassed to say anything more than a word to the elder boy.

“I’d be free at three.” Minho says.

“Okay.”

“Would you-y’know be free at three?” Minho asks.

“Yes.”

“Second date?” Minho asks.

“So soon?”

“Please?” Minho holds onto both of his hands and looking so hopeful. Taemin is fully positive right now that they are together.

"Okay."

 

 

As Taemin opened the door his room, his roommate attacked him. It didn't shock Taemin given his roommate does tend to be overprotective of him sometimes.

“Where the were you last night? I tried calling and your ing phone was ringing right next to me.” Kibum yelled.

“I was on a date. With Minho.” Taemin says, proceeding to throw his duffel bag on the floor when he realised he left it in Minho’s car.

“You what-Where?”

“Hotel room.” Taemin says as he takes his shirt off. He really needs a shower. He wanted to take a bath at the fancy room last night but Minho was worried he'd catch a cold or something if he showered so late at night after eating chunks of ice-cream.

“Tell me you didn’t.” Kibum says.

“I didn’t.” Taemin says. 

“Really?” Kibum asks with a stink eye.

“Yes. We just had ice-cream and I was cold so we just cuddled on the bed.” Taemin says and he can't believe Minho would cuddle with him smelling so bad. The elder boy didn't even complain. Minho just held him tightly the entire night. Taemin knows that for sure because he was nervous with Minho breathing near his neck.

“Really?”

“Trust me.” Taemin  says as he graps his white towel.

“ I don’t trust him. He’s a spoilt kid with a fancy car and-“ Kibum's tone of voice somehow just exaggerates every single word that comes out of his mouth.

“He’s not bad.”

“You sure he didn’t do anything to you?”

“He’s a gentleman.”