The Beginning

Not Yet Broken

The man and woman sat in silence, not knowing how to break it. People might thought they were a couple or even friends, but neither of them could find the word to describe their relationship.

They were just two strangers with mutual needs. They saw each other at the club they both frequents a few times, and did nothing more than a little flirting. She was no , and he was no jerk. They were not naturally bad people, just young. Young and foolish. She was 21, and he 23.

It was fine until one day things got out of hand. They got too drunk, and woke up in a hotel together without any clothes. That was not their first time, but it's difference. They were under the influence of alcohol. The woman looks horrified when she realized he didn't use any protection. They both hoped that nothing went wrong, but them meeting in this cafe proved otherwise.

She realized that he's not talking until she does, since she's the one who called him here after all. She took a deep breath, ignoring her loud heartbeats and started talking, "Do you remember that night?"

Straight to the point. That's just the kind of woman she is. She find no need to sugarcoat her words, the matter at hand is too important for that.

"I got sick not long after. Threw up and stuff. I was scared, but I did the test, and I was right," She looked up at him,a man she didn't love nor hate. "I wanted to be wrong, but I was wrong. You see, I'm actually.." Her words was cut halfway when he slammed his hands on the table. She could see that he was visibly shaking.

"Don't say it. Please don't". The man stared at her with wide eyes. If only she didn't know better, she could've sworn she saw tears in his eyes. But she did know better, she may not know him much but she knows that much.

"I'm pregnant," she said quickly. No, she's not going to shoulder it alone. It was not something that involves only her.

The man stared at her in anguish. He was a pretty decent guy, but something possessed him. A side he never knew exist in him took control, a side that rose from the panic that put him on edge. His words were steady, but it sounded like venom to her ears.

"You're not going to keep it, right? Kill it. Kill it before it lives," a small part of him became frantic. He's not the kind of man who would do that! But then there's a bigger part in of him, the part of him that envisioned himself in the future as a man with great career and perfect background. That part of him told that small voice to shut up.

He will not let himself fall. He would not let what he had worked on for years go to waste. Just because a simple mistake he did, he's not going to ruin his own life. He is selfish, but then what can he do? He's only human.

She did thought of getting rid of the baby before coming, but hearing him say it so easily made her feel sick. She is a fool, she know that but is she cruel? Could she end a life that has not even started, just because she's afraid?

"I didn't really expect you to be responsible, but wow. You're so cold," she smirked, but she couldn't quite manage the smug look. She looks tired and worn. All this things are taking a toll on her body, which now does not belong only to her anymore.

She know that the decision she's about to make will ruin her future, but it's a choice she have to make. This decision is what will make herself believe that she is still a human. It would be the last act of kindness she does for herself, or else she'll loathe every part of her.

"I'm keeping the baby. Don't worry, I'll handle it myself," she didn't wait to see his reaction, she simply got up and left.

She's aware that she's not good enough to be a mother. She realized that maybe she won't even be able to love her child. No matter how much things are against her, she still need to do this. She need to do this to save herself, so she cam be sure she's not ruthless. It may seem unfair for the baby, that she's going to have him but he will never have her. She need to do this, for her own sake. to find a trace of humanity left in her. She is selfish, but then what can she do? She's only human.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

There goes my first chapter~ I know it's short, but I need to get the base of the story. Now you all know where Junhong came from. I don't think I'm being bias, but I don't really think his parents are evil. They're just selfish, and simply human. Please comment on what you think, it makes me work harder (: