Sly.

Why Won't You Look At Me?

Taemin stared at his laptop screen, unsure of how to start the prompt. He stared down at his prompt paper, and wondered how he could write this. Taemin overall, was a relatively happy person who didn’t hold grudges over anyone, no matter what they did in the past. He didn’t believe in angst or sadness, he believed in temporary emotions, but the emotion you should always have is happy. Taemin smiled to himself, then pouted and huffed. Right when he got an idea, he lost it, so Taemin retreated and put his head down. The prompt kept repeating in his head,

“Write a 3 page essay on pain you’ve felt in your life. Be sure to use every emotion you felt, and be very thorough.”

“Write a 3 page essay on pain you’ve felt in your life.”

“Write a 3 page essay on pain.”

“Pain.”

How was Taemin supposed to do this?! Ugh, college is terrible. Taemin got up, sighed, and went to get some brain food, what am I saying, food. The boy was starving! Any food would do, honestly.

Taemin saddened to notice that right when he got out of his room, there was his roommate. On the couch. With his girlfriend. Laughing. Smiling. Radiant and in love with each other. Taemin watched with a crooked smile, and decided not to intrude.

Has Taemin always liked Jinki, his roommate? Yes. He’s always favorite him out of all his friends, complimented him, basically devoted his whole college life to Jinki. Was Taemin upset about his oblivious latter? So upset, stunned, and just… hurt. Hurt how oblivious one can be. He huffed and took his food to the room, finally getting a whiff of that pain for his paper. Taemin closed his door, a little too hard, and it startled Jinki and his girlfriend. His girlfriend decided to leave, Taemin could hear her saying her goodbyes, and clenched his fists as the last phrase rolled off of Jinki’s tongue like caramel,

I love you.

Another whiff of that pain hit him like a brick. Taemin sighed a shaky breath before starting his paper. Taemin wrote his paper, he kept writing and writing and writing until he exceeded 3 pages and made it 5. Taemin didn’t care, he’s just full of so much built up angst and sadness, Taemin didn’t care what his professor would say. Better two pages more than none at all, right?

While Taemin was in the midst of writing his third page, Jinki knocked on his door. Taemin smiled, knowing who it was. A sly smile that could make you ponder whether Taemin was a fox or not.

“Come in.” Taemin called out monotonously.

“Hey, Taemin. I’ve been worried about you, you seem on edge and scared me with how you shut the door so loudly.”

Not looking up from his paper, his sly smile crept back on his delicate and innocent face, a smile that didn’t match him, a smile that showed he didn’t care about his beliefs on life anymore. A smile to warn predators and keep off the bad.

Did Jinki know that? Not at all. Which is why Taemin can abuse the next scene ahead of him.

”Hm,” He started. A simple hum that showed he didn’t care, the slyness coming out his voice, matching that smile.

It seems as though s and giggles Taemin was turning into a male Maleficent.

“Why would you think something was wrong? Did all it take for you to notice me was to slam the door loudly? Well, damn. I’ve wasted my time all these years, then.” Taemin chuckled, spinning his office chair around to face Jinki.

Jinki didn’t know what was up, and who he was talking to. Jinki has never seen anything but giggles out of Taemin, but today, it’s as if he doesn’t exist.

“What do you mean notice you? You’re my best friend, I notice you all the time.” Taemin’s smile disappeared and faded to an angry frown that showed how stupid the older guy is.

Taemin chuckled bitterly and dryly, and looked into Jinki’s eyes before turning around.

“He doesn’t know.”

Taemin started reading off his paper, leaving Jinki confused.

“He’s too damn stupid and oblivious to realize.” 

Taemin paused, took a deep breath, not like he needed one. He was controlling the whole situation with ease.

“I’m gay. All of his friends are gay, does he know that, too?”

Jinki’s eyes became saucers as he continued to listen.

“Kibum is with Jong, Minho with many guys practically blowing up his phone and breaking down his door, and me? Oh, I love this idiot! This homophobic idiot that can’t take hints.”

Jinki’s breath shortened, and he proceeded to sit down on the bed. Taemin looked over his shoulder, and there it was. The sly fox smile appeared on his face, and Taemin continued to read.

“The worst part could be that I’m gay and he’ll never return my feelings. But no, it’s not the worst part. The worst part of it all is that he won’t look at me.”

“He doesn’t notice me when that comes around.”

“Why do I call her a ? Because she is one.”

“This has hit on every single one of us, and has had with Sehun 4 times behind Jinki’s back.”

“I have the texts to prove all of this.”

“Jinki deserves better, Jinki isn’t that bad.”

“He just won’t notice me.”

“He won’t look at me.”

Taemin turned around, sly smile faded and face monotone, lacking color.

“Why won’t you look at me?”

Taemin walked out the room, leaving Jinki puzzled.

 

---------------------------------_____________________________________________--------------------------------------------------------_______________________________

lets just say... a lot can happen in one night.