Chapter One

How You Affect My Mind

Chapter One~

~

"Sica~ Wake up!" A gentle tug aroused me from my sleep. I didn't want to wake up just yet. I grunted and tried to push whoever's hand it was, away from me and turned my head and continued to slumber. 

"Unnie~ Jessica unnie! Wakey wakey~" A whiny voice interrupted my sleep once again. 

What in the world is up with that annoying voice?! I opened my eyes and spotted Yoona and Yuri bouncing on my bed.

"Wake up~ Let's go shopping!" Yuri whined. 

"Shut up, I'm up already. And you robbed me away of my precious beauty sleep just to ask me to go shopping?" I shot a glare at them. 

"Come on Sica, baby~ Let the Royal Family go out together for once.." Now it was Yoona's turn to whine. 

"No," I huffed as I pulled the quilt all the way to the top of my head. 

"Please, baby?" Yuri asked as she pulled the quilt away from my face. 

"What for? What will you give me?" I asked both of them. 

"Ice cream?"

"Nah, it will work for Taeyeon, but not for me." I said as I shook my head. 

"If you don't come with us, be prepared to find cucumber in your food!" Yoona wiggled her brows.

That did it, I started screaming my lungs off - my famous ultra dolphin scream. However, I still refused to go out with them. 

"Don't scream like that.. Oww.. You almost broke my ear drum!" Yoona complained. 

The door suddenly opened. 

"What are you guys doing, being so noisy the first thing in the morning?" Taeyeon asked, annoyed. 

"Hehe, sorry, Taengoo. Blame Sica, she doesn't want to go shopping with us," Yuri pouted. 

"If she doesn't want to go then don't force her," Taeyeon grunted before closing the door. 

"What's up with her? So grumpy early in the morning.." Yoona mumbled. "Fine, we will leave soon, Sica.. Don't miss us!" 

"Yeah, yeah, bye." I waved them off and continued to sleep. So much for shopping. No. I can't sacrifice my precious sleep for them. 

 

~

 

I stretched as I drew my curtains. I glanced at the clock -- 4:18PM. 

"Hahaha!" Laughters could be heard from outside my room, which I presumed was from Tiffany and someone else. 

"Good morning, Jess~" Tiffany called. She was sitted in front of the TV with Taeyeon. 

"How is this morning?" I chuckled. "What are you guys watching? I could hear your laughter from inside my room." I added.

"Oopsy. Did we wake you up?" Tiffany asked as I shook my head. "Krystal's sitcom, High Kick 3. Hahah! It's so funny!" Tiffany laughed as she pointed at the LCD TV Screen. She gestured for me to sit on the couch. I plopped myself beside Taeyeon and started laughing almost immediately. 

"Anyway, where are the rest?" I asked curiously. There was no one else in the dormitory except for Tiffany, Taeyeon and I. 

"Sunny has her musical and her FM Date. Seo and Soo are at their parent's house. Hyoyeon's probably partying like a wild animal and YoonYul went shopping," Tiffany explained. "I'm going out soon, too." she added. 

"Taetae~ Why are you so quiet?" Tiffany asked the question that I was longing to ask Taeyeon. 

"Um.. I'm just.. tired. I'll rest first," Taeyeon replied. 

"Okay..? But you were so energetic just now," Tiffany protested. Taeyeon just chuckled and went into her room. 

"Don't you think she's a little odd today?" Tiffany turned and asked me. I nodded my head in response. I rested my head on her shoulder as we continued watching High Kick 3. 

 

~

 

Tiffany left the dorm after awhile. Taeyeon and I were left in the dorm. It was utterly quiet. And awkward. I knocked on her door.

"What is it?" she asked. 

"Do you want to order Chinese food for dinner?" I asked her rather apprehensively. Taeyeon's mood was not the best when she was with me. I don't know when it started, but she ignores me. 

"Uhm, yeah. Okay." she replied, without any hint of expression in her voice. Taeyeon has been in her room for the past few hours, leaving me alone in the living room. I couldn't expect much when I'm with her anyway. 

I ordered Chinese food for the two of us. I lay on my bed and took a few selcas to update my weibo while waiting for the delivery. The food arrived after 30 minutes. Now what? Should I call Taeyeon? I made up ways to ask Taeyeon to eat in my head. 

 

1. The food is here, Taeyeon? or

2. Come and eat, Taeyeon? or

3. should I just bring the food into her room?

 

Option 3 is a no-no. Option 2 seems like I'm desperate for her to eat. That leaves option 1. Option 1 it shall be! I inhaled deeply and called, "The food is here, Taeyeon!" Sweet. Just like I planned, at least, I didn't sound so desporate for her to eat the food with me. 

"You can eat first. I'm not hungry now," Taeyeon said cooly as she walked over to see the food I ordered. "Why didn't you order from the place we usually order?" she asked.

"I t-thought we s-should try s-something new.." I stammered. I wasn't sure if Taeyeon was happy or not. 

"Why are you stuttering? But our usual seems nicer. Whatever. I'll eat later anyway," Taeyeon said. She was about to walk back into her room when I grabbed her wrists. Oh my god, what am I doing?! Taeyeon looked surprised. She looked at our arms and retreated her hand immediately.

"What are you doing?" she hissed. 

"Um.. Please eat w-with me.." I asked, again apprehensively. 

"No." Her answer felt like thorns piercing through my wounded heart. My heart shattered as soon as she said no. 

"Why? Please?" I begged.

"Because, I don't like you, Jessica," she said again emotionlessly. I stared at her in disbelief. How could she say that to me in such a straighfoward manner?

"W-What?" I asked, shocked. 

"I said, I don't like you. No wait, I never liked you Jessica."

"Why? What have I done? What happened to TaengSic Shi Dae?" I asked, appalled. 

"Well, you made it up yourself, didn't you? You should've known from the start.. That I didn't like you," She just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. It hurts, it really hurts to see her walk away on me. I was left there stunned, I didn't know what to do. Tears started forming at the corner of my eyes and it began to fall mercilessly. Was she indirectly saying that she hates me in a nicer way? How could a leader say these things to her fellow member? It hurts more, with her words like knives, it was killing me slowly. 

 

How you affect my mind, Taeyeon. 

 

~

A/N: Annyeong <3 How did you find this story? Thank you for already subscribing and upvoting even before the first chapter. I really love you guys <3 Please leave down comments, and also to the new readers, please subscribe and upvote! ^^

Thanks for the upvote <33
LPY1998Wendi   Michael_lee15

Please anticipate for the upcoming chapters! <3