CHAPTER I

My Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a year ago when I met her for the first time. She was sitting alone and surrounded by many kinds of flower. Those flowers were beautiful, however, her beauty just couldn’t compare to any of them. It’s something that you couldn’t get enough with. Something that you want to see every day and get addicted to it.

***

“That stupid doctor is such a hurt. How come he insisting on me staying for one week without telling me what my disease actually is.” I snorted as I walked gingerly to a park beside the hospital where I had been staying for a week. Finally discharged and had some fresh air, I could feel my body was totally fine now but the way that doctor with thick glasses perched on his nose talked to me had annoyed the hell out of me. As if I was dying or something.

I stopped my track when I saw a beautiful woman sitting alone on a bench at the park. I thought I could play with her for awhile before taking my car and left the hospital, I just didn't want to spend another night there although I had to comeback tomorrow for the final check up.

She’s just sitting there and folding some paper craft. Her head bowed and it looked like she was so immersed in it.

“Are you waiting for someone?” I asked, sitting down as I scooted myself closer to her. Usually women would go gaga over me when I did such a thing.

She stopped what she was doing and slowly turned her body to me. I noticed something unusual with the way she turned her face. She didn’t fully look at me so I just see the one side of her face.

“I’m waiting for my brother," she replied calmly.

She then proceeded folding the paper without even cared about me the -oh-so-hot- man beside her. Girls who were passing by in front of us took a glance at me and I flirted a bit. Just a wink and they blushed. I was sure that the girl beside me would regret for playing hard to get. But much to my dismay she just stayed like that, ignoring me.

“What’s your name?” I finally asked her because the situation was getting boring for.

“Noona..!!”

A man called her and when he stood before me he gave me a dead glare as if I just did a bad thing to the woman, his sister, likely. I didn't look away. That kid pissed me.

“I’ve told you not to come here anymore. There are many jerks that see you as their pry,” he said still with a glare at no one but me. It made me raise an eyebrow and stand up. We glared at each other and I was impressed with that young man. Normally people would be chickened out when I sent them my dark glare.

“Aigoo.. it’s not the first time for me to come here," the woman snapped me back to my sense as I saw her gather her papers and stood up. "Our house is not even that far. Besides, I have a magic stick that can lead me here,” she chuckled while taking a folded stick and lengthened it. I gasped and literally widened my eyes when I found out that she was actually ... blind.

I rooted at my spot as they walked away, after the man throwing his last dark glare at me, leaving me stupified.

***

On the next day, I got the final medical check up and the doctor, Dr. Kim said that he would give me the result by tomorrow. When I was driving my way home, I saw here walking at the sidewalk alone using her stick. I suddenly pulled over my car. Having no idea about why I should get off the car and followed her. Let's say I was curious. And a bit attracted, actually.

Step by step she walked towards the park. Her long brown hair fell smoothly on her back. She’s holding papers craft and I guessed that she was going to make some craft again from that paper.

Ticking a bench with the stick, she sat down. I silently sat on the bench but it seemed like she noticed my presence as she creased her forehead and turned slowly towards me, waited for me to response.

“Uhm.. I’m sorry. I’m not a bad guy okay so you don’t have to worry." I cleared my throat. Honestly I looked like a creepy stalker who had got red handed. "There are many people here so it’s impossible for me to do some bad things to you. I don’t take advantage on a blind woman you know.” I just realized how insensitive my words sound so I tried to amend it. Looked like my mouth didn't use its filter that time.

“Oh I’m sorry I mean..”

“It’s okay. I’m blind and it’s a fact. Don’t be uneasy about it,” she said, smiling.

Beautiful. That word appeared in my brain when I saw her smile.

“Thanks.” I was so embarrassed with myself that the only word could come out from my mouth was just “thanks”.

“Where are you from?” Do you live around here ? You were here last night, weren't you." She asked me out of nowhere as she started folding a paper craft on her hands. A playful smile appeared on her face. She remembered my voice and it surprised me.

“Me? Uhm.. Yeah I mean no.. I don’t live here. But yeah it's me. Last night." I let out a nervous laugh. Damn I had never been that nervous in front of a woman. I felt like a teenage boy talking with his crush. "Well, I happened to be hospitalized in that hospital for a week because of some health problems but the doctor hasn’t given me the result of those medical examinations. He tells me to come back tomorrow for the result.”

“Here. It can make you feel better,” she offered me a small butterfly craft. She extended her hand to the wrong direction so I reached her palm and drew it to me. A smile escaped my lips when I saw a cute little yellow butterfly craft on her palm.

“I love butterflies,” I said as I stared at her. Heart beating too quickly for its normal beat. That moment, I realized a thing called love slowly growing up in my heart. For the woman.

“Really? Why?”

“Because they are beautiful just like you are.”

She blushed and she looked so shy. It made me want to hug her tightly. "I'm Kwon Jiyong." I told her my name and she told me hers. "Sandara Park". Not only that, she also told me that she lived together with her family and how she spent her time from 3 pm up to 5 pm at the park because she loved flower and butterflies. Unlike those women who just looked after my money, this girl was different. Her innocence and pure heart weren’t contaminated by this stupid mean world.

We really enjoyed each other's company that I asked her if she would come again tomorrow.

"

Sure, I've told you that I always spend my evening here," she said, blushed. "About my brother, I'm sorry. He's just trying to protect me. I hope you understand."

"It's okay. I'd do it too if I were him. Protecting someone you love." I said, I could feel those butterflies inside my stomach. The feeling that only Dara could make me feel.

I insisted on her to take my offer to give her a lift but she refused it, saying she enjoyed walking, so I accompanied her.

"So, see you tomorrow Dara. My regard to your brother." Scratching my nape, I smiled in front of her, not knowing what to do next.

"Sure, Thunder will like you Jiyong-ssi," she prmoised. "Take care." She turned her body and pushed the bell, a maid came out after Dara had said her name through the speaker attached on the side of the gate.

"Dara," I called her. It's very obvious that I didn't want to separate with her.

She turned her body again, and like a stupid dork I said " Thank you for the yellow butterfly craft. I'll keep it forever."

She was stunned and then let out a smile, nodding her head.

***

On the next day after work I didn’t see the doctor because I didn’t care anymore about the result. What I cared about was only Dara. Thinking about her was enough for me to lose my interest in anything and even in any other girl out there who barely cloth just to impress men.

“Hi. How are you?”

“Jiyong-ssi? I’m fine . You are early today. How is the result?”

Dara looked different, she wore a light make up and it made her look more beautiful. I wonder where had she been all this time when I was wandering at clubs with those stupid hoes.

“Jiyong-ssi??” She snapped me back to reality because I was too preoccupied with her beauty.

“Oh.. the doctor said I’m okay. I just needed some rest,” I lied. I saw worried expression on her face but then she heaved a relief sigh.

“It’s a good news then Jiyong-ssi. Take this. I made the pink one this time. Pink butterfly,” she extended her hand but I didn't take it immediately. I studied her face. That moment I wished she could see how much I smile when she's with me.

"Jiyong-ssi?" she called me again, brows creasing. I didn't reply. I pulled her to me instead, kissing her soft lips. It’s just a peck actually.

She suddenly pushed me and abruptly looked for her stick. Almost fell down due to nervousness when she stood up. I was afraid she was mad at me. So I grabbed her arms and hug her.

“I’m sorry. But I think I love you Dara.”

She didn’t move for a couple minutes and it made me worry that she would reject me. But then I felt her arms hold me , she hugged me back as she cried on my chest. I guessed she loved me too. It was the happiest moment in my life. To be very very honest.

***

It was Monday morning when I got a massive headache and I threw up, a lot. I felt like I had emptied my stomach. I called Seunghyun and he went panic when I said I felt like I was going to die. His response made me let out a weak chuckle though. He said “, Jiyong, don’t do such a stupid thing okay! Remember that all problems can be solved so please don’t commit suicide!” then he hang up the phone.

It made me remember my teenage life when I was trying to commit suicide because of my Mom and Dad. Seunghyun come to the hospital and cursed in front of me then finally he cried. I didn’t fear on death though. I was jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter