come and lie with me

come and lie with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s you that I adore.

 

“Hello? Jimin?”

“Nope, it’s just me.”

 

Wait.

 

That voice—Jungkook tensed up as he felt adrenaline rush over his veins. Biting his lips, he fiddled with the hem of his shirt as he listened zealously to the calm breathing on the other line.

 

This obviously wasn’t Jimin calling despite the caller ID.

 

Kim Taehyung.

 

Just me? Jungkook sighed at the latter’s understatement. Would Taehyung ever realize how amazing he was? He was not just him. He was an ethereal enigma; a burning snowflake, an ardent mosaic and a masterpiece Jungkook could never lay his hands on.

 

But of course, Taehyung didn’t know . Taehyung wouldn’t know that he was all Jungkook could think of, the sole reason why Jungkook couldn’t sleep at night and also the sole reason why Jungkook felt like crying and laughing at the same time.

He shifted his phone to his other hand and wondered if he was dreaming. He had never dared to even wonder how Taehyung’s voice would sound like on the phone. 

 


“Um yeah… Hey?”

 

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hi Taehyung,” Jungkook repeated, maybe because he liked how perfectly Taehyung’s name rolled off his tongue.

“What’s up?” There was too much apprehension because Taehyung had never called him before.  “Why are you using Jimin’s phone?”

 

“My phone ran out of battery. And I wanted to hear your voice.”

 

 

What the? Jungkook swore he had difficulty breathing once he heard those words. It was getting harder and harder to breathe with Taehyung around; especially when he smiled, because he looked too beautiful for Jungkook’s eyes.

 

“… Er I—”

He heard Taehyung teasing chuckle, “Nah, you don’t have to reply to that. I just wanted to call you. Ok… Bye?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’ll call you again. Bye, Jeon Jungkook.”

 

“By—”

Even before he could bring himself to bid farewell, Taehyung had already hung up in a hurry.

 

Well, that was weird.

 

Jungkook didn’t know what to feel. It was the first time Taehyung had called him, even more using someone else’s phone because he was desperate??

 

Anyways, Jungkook couldn’t deny how much he liked the surprise. But he liked how his name rolled off from Taehyung’s tongue even more. Taehyung, Taehyung, Taehyung, Jungkook practiced repeatedly like the fool he already was. He made his name seem like the langue of falling in love.

Kim Taehyung, Jungkook smiled once again.

 

 

 

Taehyung was so elusive. He was someone Jungkook had trouble figuring out. He often did things that caught the latter off guard but Jungkook liked it.

He liked everything that Taehyung had done.


Maybe Jungkook adored him too much. Since Taehyung was like a block of wood, oblivious and ambiguous, it was hard to decipher his feelings. Thus, there were times Jungkook had thought that Taehyung was leading him on or just playing with his heartstrings.

 

Jungkook had tried so hard to get over Taehyung but it was harder each time he tried again. It was hard for him to let him go because all he had deep in him was memories of Taehyung, that piece of .


Jungkook often saw Taehyung being touchy with Jimin. And he couldn’t help but admit that every single time he saw the two of them together, he could hear his heart shatter in the silence.



So he kept his distance.



But Taehyung refused. He persisted and inched closer, tugging Jungkook’s heartstrings harder.




 

“Are you avoiding me, Jeon Jungkook?”



Jungkook broke into a nervous laughter and shook his head in panic. In actual fact, he so was. Every single time he happened to get a glimpse of Taehyung, he would turn and walk away. Whenever Taehyung approached him, Jungkook would pretend not to see him and scramble as far as he could.

 

 




“Okay then. Then let’s play a game.”



“What game?” Jungkook tilted his head slightly, quirked.



Kim Taehyung could be freaking random at times.



“Close your eyes and turn a 180 degrees.”



“Huh?”

“Just do it, Jeon Jungkook.”


Jungkook gulped down in fear and listened obediently. Actually, he was scared of the latter. Whenever they met eyes, Jungkook felt a little part of himself melt into a gooey mess. And his heart—urgh, let’s not even talk about it.


Kim Taehyung had that ludicrous effect on him. Jungkook felt a thousand things with him—joy, fear, anxiety, anticipation and many more he didn’t know he was capable of feeling. Being with Taehyung was like a rollercoaster ride or jumping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter