+ allkpop

▲SOLAR。 — SM Entertainment Girl Group + open for applications! apply now!
HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
SM Entertainment's New Girl Group!
 
zdVJmyT.png
by allxson
scrap, share & like
8192
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

After the EXO incident, another wave hit SM Entertainment hard. The other groups Super Junior, SNSD and f(x) all canceled their contract and left the group. Many of them already have an expired contract and have no intention of renewing them. Instead, members of the three groups formed their own company called X Junior Generation (XJG) Entertainment. They are now free artistes who live by their own rules. SM Entertainment had lost many money and fans over the past year. Now, they will be debuting a girl group (since they lost their top girl groups). 

A representative stated, "It was a great loss to SM but we're not going to fall just like that. We're coming back up, with a new group. We do apologise for our past mistakes and terrible treatments to our artistes. After many months of discussion and planning, we have changed the entire system and even the contract. We longer and will never treat our artistes poorly again. This girl group that we are working on is a five-member girl group. They are all quite young and are able to sing well. I hope everyone will like them!" 

So it seems like a new girl group is coming up. Yesterday, information about the girl group was shared. Their group name is SOLAR - representing the sun and light, also to show that the girls are bright and have energy. The date of their debut has not been confirmed but is believed to be very soon. However, a teaser picture was released on SM's Facebook page!

 

tags
Debut
SM Entertainment
SNSD
EXO