Missed My Muse

Missed My Muse (Bang Yongguk One Shot)

A steady beat filled your ears, the headphones blocking out any other sound. You were sitting in the floor of your small apartment, listening to music that your boyfriend had sent to you, and after a few moments, you heard his rough voice on the recording, his rap almost too quick to follow. It was one of the more risqué songs that he had written and recorded, and he had even mentioned that there was a chance it wouldn’t be featured on the next album because of its lewd nature. But he had sent it to you anyway, knowing that you loved any chance to hear his voice while he was on tour, whether it was on the phone or simply a recording of his personal music.

You knew in your mind that he wasn’t on tour now, but he had been so busy with the band that the two of you hadn’t been able to spend any time together. There were short meetings with him and casual lunches, but it wasn’t enough; you missed him holding you tight in his arms, sitting and talking about anything and everything, and simply being near him.

As you sat there, legs crossed, on the carpet in the living room, you suddenly felt a pair of arms snake around your waist and pull you to your feet. You were startled, to say the least, but you immediately recognized the feel of those arms, and when you turned around, you found yourself looking up into the face of Yongguk.

He didn’t say anything as he carefully pulled the headphones away from your ears and placed them on the low table, staring into your eyes the entire time. There was so much emotion held within those eyes that you could nearly feel how much he had missed you as well.

“Yongguk, what are you doing here?” you asked, unable to help yourself. “I thought you had a meeting tonight. What about the band?”

Instead of answering, he ducked his head down and pressed his lips against yours, somewhat roughly, taking you by surprise. You didn’t react for a couple of moments, but once you had collected your thoughts and realized what was happening, you returned his kiss, your lips working in synchronization with his. Slowly, he parted your lips and slipped his tongue into your mouth, exploring, as you allowed your tongue to meet his. His right hand reached up and slipped behind your neck as he pulled you closer and deepened the kiss even more, as if that was possible.

After a few moments, he released his gentle grip on your neck and pulled away, allowing the both of you to inhale a much-needed breath of air. When he did, you finally heard the dampened sound of a thumping bass coming from the headphones on the table, a noise that the kiss had completely drowned out from your mind.

“I thought you were going to the studio tonight,” you whispered, looking up into his dark eyes. You noticed how much emotion was held within them, and you wished, despite how much you comforted him, that you could do more to help.

He leaned his forehead against yours and whispered, “How can I go to the studio when I feel no inspiration? I needed to see my muse.” With that, he closed his eyes and pressed a gentle kiss against the top of your head, holding you close for a few moments. You took this opportunity, like you would any other, to breathe in his scent and etch it into your mind, savoring it so that you would remember it when he wasn’t around to hold you.

You realized then that you had been clinging to the front of his crewneck sweatshirt, and you loosened your death grip on the now-wrinkled material. Yongguk seemed to notice this, as he moved his left hand to grip your right and place it against his own cheek; it was something he had done many times, something you had grown used to. He had explained once that it made him feel closer to you, to have the hands of an artist against his skin, and to him, it was one of the most intimate gestures he could give.

This time, he accompanied it with a question, one that was less common than the gesture and even more intimate and meaningful.

“Do you love me, [y/n]?”

You knew your answer before the question was even out of his mouth, but you didn’t respond immediately. Instead, you reached your free hand upward and brushed your fingers through his dark hair, pushing it away from his forehead as you did so.

“More than anything, Yongguk. More than air,” you whispered before standing up on your toes and pressing a short kiss to his lips.

“I love you too,” he replied, pressing his forehead to yours again. “More than anything. More than music and life itself.”

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

What did you think? I know it's not much, just some fluff I wrote a little while ago, but I hope you like it anyway and will comment as well! <3