The Wallflower

The Wind at Cold Night
"I like the book you're reading. " Bam lifted her face to look at the flashy girl standing in front of her desk. It's Nana . "Thanks...?" it felt a little weird. Nana has never talked to her before. Why would she? Bam is just a quiet girl. A plain jane. A wallflower. Why would Nana befriend with such a person? Everyone knows she doesn't. She said it herself. Bam fixed her gaze back to the book. The fictional world in the book seems much more interesting than whatever Nana has to say. "May I take a look at it?" Nana spoke again. Before she could give any respond, Nana has already snatched the book from her hands. "I think this book is intriguing. I couldn't find it anywhere in the bookstore. I wanted to buy it." "You could buy it online...."Nana looked at Bam, with one eyebrow raised. She was not pleased with the respond Bam is giving. "I'm keeping it. Since you could 'buy it online', I'm taking this one". She said obnoxiously. Bam bit her tongue. Once Nana get her hands on other people's property, it only means one thing. She wants it and there's no way she will give it back. From books to clothes down to boyfriends and best friends. If Nana wants it, she will get it. But Bam won't tolerate it anymore. Not this time. "Give it back.." Bam glared at her. Never has her facial look this fierce before. She kept her voice low enough so that none of the other students could heard her..except for Nana. "...No~" How simple Nana replied. She knew Bam would be upset. She planned this all alone. "I said.. give it back" Bam stood up, handed out her palm. Nana smirked. The plan worked. "Ow! You don't have to slap me!" Nana threw the book at her face. "You can have your stupid book back. I was just looking at it. You don't have to be so mean" she yelled. Everyone in class turned their attention towards Bam and Nana. There were murmurs and whispers but Bam could hear them perfectly. "It's Nana's new victim" "It's the freak in our class this time" "Should we do something?" "Let her be. It's only the freak. We can't stand up to Nana anyway" This is life. Yes. Unfair and cruel. She kept her voice so low so that she won't attract any attention. But Nana managed to ruin that well.. Nana is the attention. 'Just swallow everything down.. swallow...'