the six pack can it (for now)

the six pack can it (for now)

“I can’t, I can’t! I really can’t!” Sunggyu complained and whined and whimpered. He had been maintaining the damned wall-sit for only around five minutes but his legs were already shaking, and it felt like a boa constrictor had wrapped itself around his abdomen, restricting lung capacity. He was adamant that he was going to die soon. His lower back was completely drenched in sweat, and he feels himself slowly and pathetically sliding down the wall. Dongwoo, who had been running on the treadmill paused his device, looking at the almighty self-proclaimed “cool” leader with a pitiful gaze. 

Sure, they had countless dance practices, and it should have trained his stamina to withstand long sessions of physical activity. But Sunggyu found out the hard way that training for chocolate abs was a whole different story. Every single attempt just left Sunggyu feeling like a noodle with little progress to attaining his six pack. 

“...Don’t...Don't look at like that,...like you feel sorry for me, i don’t like it” Sunggyu panted, his neck giving out so his head now hung close to his chest. He could see drops of sweat rolling off the tips of his nose and onto his Galiano tee. He groaned in distaste, “Dongwoo, my Galiano shirt is getting smelly and gross, make it stop...”

Although he didn’t have the energy to lift his head anymore, he heard Dongwoo stepping off the treadmill and padding over to where he was. A whiff of Dongwoo’s deodorant allows him to know that his dear bandmate was standing right next to him. 

A gentle touch on his shoulder, “Hyung...you know you didn’t have to wear such an expensive shirt to workout.”

Sunggyu groaned once more, wholeheartedly regretting his stupid choices. Dongwoo was correct as he always was. The said male hoisted him up by the armpits, and Sunggyu felt his legs turn to jelly.

“Come on, let’s go take a break.”

“Aren’t my armpits gross?” Sunggyu asked, finally lifting his head so he could look at Dongwoo square in the face. He felt more drunk than the time when he downed 3 whole bottles of Chamisul soju during their annual company christmas party...only this time he was drunk on the pains of exercise. Fun.

“Of course, this...this is an entire swimming pool’s worth of sweat here” Dongwoo wrinkled his nose, “Not just any pool, though...the Olympic pool.”

Sunggyu grunted, a measly attempt to express his offended state. Dongwoo giggled, “Hyuung, i’m just kidding.” Sunggyu grunted again, just for the sake of giving a response.

The boy settled his knocked out leader on a nearby gym bench, who took some time to regulate his breathing. Dongwoo handed Sunggyu a towel to pat away his sweat, and waited patiently for him to do so.

“Wait, but what about my six pack? I promised Woohyun I would meet the ten minute goal of wall sitting today” Sunggyu frowned.

“Hyung, you can’t even move right now, let’s not talk about your ten minute goal. There’s always time for that, and I’m sure Woohyun would understand. They didn’t build Rome in one day, did they?” Dongwoo stated as-a-matter-of-factly, and Sunggyu felt slightly less guilty that he was giving up so fast. 

“What would I do without you.” Sunggyu smiled. Dongwoo wrinkled his nose at the cheesy line.

“Well, you always have Woohyun” Dongwoo teased, and Sunggyu hit his shoulder with a smile, “Anyway, just take it slow and don’t give up, you’ll get there soon”

Sunggyu felt a wide smile spread across his face, and he felt a deep sense of appreciation for his encouraging, understanding friend well up from within his heart.

“What a king of flattery you are...but yea, okay. i’m happy with my one pack. My six pack can it for now.”

Dongwoo laughed heartedly at his response, and Sunggyu couldn’t help but join along.

 

 

 

a/n, i’m just sitting here frowning at my ending, but anyways...I seriously wrote this out of the spur of the moment after seeing those updates from their radio appearance last night eee

...go elderline!