Chapter 2

Agent Sun

"I'm sorry, girls, but I really have to go." JiYong chuckled awkwardly as he left his lecture hall, trying to turn down their offer for an early dinner.

"But oppa!" One of the four girls following him whined. "You haven't been coming out for the last two weeks now. Don't you eat anymore? I don't ever remember you knowing how to eat without going out to restaurants."

"Sohyun, you know I have ramen at my place." JiYong said.

"You don't even accept my ramen packages anymore!" One of the other girls pouted and grabbed his arm to stop him from walking away and walked ahead to face him. "They're your favorite shrimp flavor, too."

JiYong would have exhaled in frustration, but the reminder of what his current guest said about his favorite flavor made him smile widely and forget his annoyance temporarily. The girl in front of him, JiHae, gasped at the sight. He laughed once and petted her head.


"Thank you for keeping my supply from running low, but I'm trying to eat healthier now." He successfully left the girls as they instead gathered around Jihae to share in her excitement. JiYong smirked as he walked back to his apartment.

 

----

 

With her gym bag strapped across her body, SunYe carefully stretched her limbs as she made her way up the stairs to JiYong's place. She sighed upon reaching the last step and pulled out her keys.


Crack.


SunYe quickly snapped her head towards the small disturbance in the apartment complex. Her eyes wandered slowly, trying to catch anything out of the ordinary. After several minutes of silence, SunYe did one last scan of her surroundings before opening the door and closing it behind her.

"Ah, SunYe, you're back!" JiYong poked his head out from the kitchen. SunYe could see he was wearing his blue apron over his pajamas and then lifted the edges of her lips.

"Is dinner ready?" She asked as she took off her shoes. He nodded before leaving her sight.

"Um... Give me another 20 minutes?" JiYong heard her walk past the small kitchen and shut his room door. He rolled his eyes and smiled lightly. Some things really don't change, but at least they're eating their meals together now, he figured.

JiYong eventually finished with his kimchi soup and spooned some into a smaller pot. Carefully lifting it, he slowly turned around to place it on the dining table but was surprised to find SunYe leaning against the kitchen doorway with damp hair.

"Ah!" He hissed as his small leap of shock caused him to spill some hot soup on his hand. He quickly went to place the pot on the table and then examined his right hand, which was slightly red from the burn.

SunYe looked up to the ceiling with a silent groan and then walked over to him, clicking her tongue. 

"Never took you for a person easily scared." She said sarcastically and glanced at his hand. It was a minor injury, and he was still blowing on it. She sighed and then slapped his back, making him jolt forward a little. "Go run it under some cool water; you'll be fine." JiYong raised his eyes to look at her before turning back around to follow her instruction.

JiYong sighed contently as SunYe decided to finish setting up the table for him. From the corner of his eye, he watched her silently place the bowls of rice on each side of the table and sit down. She picked up her chopsticks and took a small bite of rice.

"You're okay now, JiYong. Come eat." She said as she spooned some of the soup into her bowl. JiYong shut off the faucet and joined her at the table. "How's your hand?" SunYe asked without looking up at him, although he was staring at her as he ate.

"I guess I kind of overreacted." JiYong mumbled after checking his hand. SunYe smirked and continued eating.

The conversation lapsed into a comfortable silence as they both ate what JiYong prepared. JiYong wondered about the progress they've made since she first came a month ago while SunYe worried about the mysterious crack she heard outside and glanced at JiYong. 

"Hmm..." SunYe started. "How long have you been working for the Bureau?"

"Almost a year now, I think." JiYong said, looking up from his food.

"How long did it take for your background check?" SunYe asked.

"Not long, since my cousin is an informant."

"Oh, really?" SunYe acted surprised. It wasn't like she would go live in a person's house without doing her own background check. "Who?"

"Informant Yang."

"Ahh.. yes, I've seen him in HQ's training rooms." JiYong gasped and snapped his fingers.

"No wonder he suddenly got all buff at our last family reunion." He complained. SunYe smiled lightly as she narrowed her eyes.

"Did you ever think about getting some training?"

"Well, yes..." JiYong said, thinking about his thin arms. "But the classes in the gym aren't nearly on the same level as HQ's training, I would think."

"Do you want to join me for my next session?" SunYe suggested. JiYong's eyes widened in surprise.

"Oh, yeah?" JiYong stalled as he was still in shock. "Oh, um, I thought housings aren't supposed to know where HQ is; the less information we know, the better for our protection."

Aw, darn. I've really done it now. JiYong thought as he saw SunYe's eyes narrowing.

"Ahem." SunYe's eyes blinked quickly as she lost her train of thought and focused back on to JiYong.

"Heh, sorry. I was just thinking of a way around that logic." SunYe apologized and looked down to stare at the food instead. She bit her bottom lip and continued to analyze what she heard outside, to reason with herself that it was probably some animal snapping a twig, but she had to be on her toes working on a case like this. She lifted her eyes and sighed. "Well, we'll think of something."