chapter 26

Detectives

The 3 people just stood there by the streets, as the passerby’s just continue walking on. fany? Did siwon just said fany? Sooyoung felt her heart skipped a beat. this girl, standing right in front of her is tiffany? As in siwon's ex girlfriend tiffany? She stood there, dumbfounded, unable to speak of any words.    

‘’s-siwonnie.’’ Tiffany called out again as she walked towards him, passing by sooyoung on the way, who just looked on at her walking towards siwon. Tiffany stopped just in front of siwon the moment she was face to face with him. Siwon looked at her, stunned. Tiffany’s back? How the heck was that possible? How this, how that. He was full of questions.    

Without a warning, tiffany hugged him tightly as siwon continued standing still, shocked as to why she would do that.    

Sooyoung who was staring at them the whole time suddenly felt a pang in her heart, she felt a little bit jealous.    

‘’siwonnie....its been so long.’’ Tiffany said as she continued latching onto him. ‘’i-i finally get to see you after 6 long years...’’    

Siwon opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when he find that he had nothing to say. He just stood in that position the whole time tiffany was hugging him.    

‘’i missed you siwon..’’ tiffany continued on, moving her body backwards slightly to see his face. ‘’why aren't you saying anything?’’  

To that, siwon smiled an awkward smile. ‘’n-nothing..its just that i-i’m lost for words..i don’t know what to say.’’ Tiffany only smiled, breaking the hug.     ‘’w-what are you doing here fany? Weren’t you busy back at the states?’’ siwon asked her. Tiffany smiled.    

‘’haha..well after 6 long years of my constant nagging, my dad allowed me to come back here. I’ll be staying put here from now on..so i can get to see you’’    

‘’s-see me?’’ siwon asked.    

‘’haha yeap you...i missed everyone back here...especially you’’ she face redden a little to the point that it was barely noticeable. Sooyoung grew even jealous the moment she heard those   words. She immediately cleared , causing siwon and tiffany to look at her.    

‘’oh yeah...whose this siwonnie?’’ tiffany smiled as she looked over to sooyoung’s side.    

‘’oh i totally forgot to introduce both of you..’’ siwon said as he got in between the 2 most important woman in his life. ‘’youngie i like you to meet tiffany here..’’ siwon gestured for sooyoung to shake tiffany’s hand. She smiled and did so.    

‘’nice to meet you fany..’’ she smiled.  

‘’yeap nice to meet you erm? Haha sorry what’s your name?’’    

‘’oh yeah...and fany.’’ Siwon said as he got beside sooyoung and placed a hand over her shoulders, tiffany seemed shock when he did that.    

‘’this is sooyoung.’’ He looked at sooyoung before looking back at tiffany. ‘’she’s my girlfriend.’’    

Tiffany’s mind went blank for a moment. Did he just mention sooyoung as his girlfriend.     ‘’s-she’s your girlfriend?’’ she asked after a moment of silence.

‘’w-when did you-‘’  

‘’just recently.’’ Siwon cut her off.  

Tiffany felt her heart dropped. ‘’o-oh...i-i see...’’    

Awkward brewed between the 3 people.  

‘’ah..’’ siwon was the first to break the silence. ‘’fany, youngie and i are heading to the ice cream shop..you wanna follow us?’’    

‘’oh that will be too inconvenient. How could i possibly interrupt you both on your date?’’  

‘’nah...it wouldn’t be a problem fany.’’ Siwon smiled all the while holding on to sooyoung ‘’come on...we’ve got a lot to catch up on’’  

‘’i think i will have to give a pass on this one instead siwonnie. Sorry and besides..i’m meeting up with one of my girl later in the evening..maybe some other time alright?’’    

‘’oh..thats too bad.’’  

‘’yeap...how about this? Why not we exchange numbers?’’. tiffany suggested as she took out her phone and gave it to siwon. Siwon punched in his numbers and handed it back to tiffany who gave him a smile.    

''w-well i guess you better get going siwonnie.'' she said as she shifted her eyes to sooyoung. ''nice meeting you sooyoung.''    

sooyoung nodded and flash her a smile. ''n-nice meeting you too tiffany.''    

''alright! well i guess i gotta be going now guys...see you.'' she smiled as she looked at siwon before walking up to him to give him another hug. siwon hugged her back.    

''i'm so happy that i bumped into you siwonnie..seeing you again really makes happy.''  

''me too fany...lets catch up sometime alright? youngie and i will be making a move then..bye.'' siwon walked back to sooyoung and locked arms with her before looking back at tiffany. ''bye fany..''  

''b-bye..'' tiffany waved back. siwon and sooyoung then turned back and walked away from her.    

tiffany stared at the couple for a long time before heaving out a rather sad sigh. ''so you're attached already huh? why? Was i too late to attempt a patch back siwonnie?''    

---------------------------------    

-ice cream cafeteria-

 ‘’siwon stopped following me! We’re done! I dont love you anymore!’’    

‘’fany! Please! Just give me a chance!’’  

‘’i dont want to repeat myself again! Its over between us!’’    

Siwon got back to reality when sooyoung nudge him. he looked at her placing a scoop of ice cream into .    

‘’wonnie, what were you thinking about?’’ she asked him.    

Siwon smiled at her. ‘’erm..nothing important..’’    

She wasn’t convince, who would be after bumping into an ex. ‘’are you thinking about fany?’’    

‘’youngie...its not about that. Really.’’ Siwon took up a spoonful of ice cream and held it up to sooyoung. ‘’just eat alright?’’    

Sooyoung looked at him awhile before allowing siwon to feed her.    

‘’its nice isnt it?’’ siwon smiled    

She gave a light nod.    

‘’haha good..come on finish up, we still got lots to do.’’    

‘’a-alright..’’    

---------------------------------    

-sooyoung’s home-    

‘’huh?! You bumped into siwon oppa’s ex?!’’ seohyun stood up from the bed.    

Sooyoung only sighed and pulled her down.    

‘’yeah seo..’’    

‘’how are you feeling now unnie?’’ seohyun her sister’s fringe.    

‘’honestly seo, i dont feel good at all...’’ she said as she started fidgeting with the pillow she was hugging. ‘’i mean..i know that they are no longer attached, but just seeing them together makes me feel jealous.’’    

‘’unnie..’’    

‘’after bumping into fany, wonnie was quiet the whole time we were having our deserts. I’m pretty sure he was thinking about fany..’’    

‘’unnie..dont worry about it alright? I’m sure siwon oppa was just shocked that she suddenly appeared after a long time..’’ seohyun placed her hands on sooyoung’s    

‘’It will be fine unnie..trust me.’’ She smiled at her.    

Sooyoung smiled back ‘’okay...if you say so..’’    

---------------------------------    

-siwon’s home- 10pm    

‘’i’m back..’’ siwon called out as he closed the gate and walked over to the couch.    

Mrs choi sticked out her head from the kitchen, upon seeing him, pulled him into the kitchen.    

‘’what are you doing mum?’’ siwon asked.    

‘’psss not so loud won won...’’ mrs choi said as she looked out the kitchen to see if anyone was there.    

‘’look won won....i’ll just get straight to the point.’’ She looked at him    

‘’shoot me..’’    

‘’did you know fany came back?’’ mrs choi asked.    

Siwon seemed a little surprised. ‘’yeah...i bumped into her just now.’’    

‘’you did?’’    

‘’yeah...why what about her? How did you find out about her coming back?’’ siwon asked as he folded his arms and looked at her.    

‘’she’s in sun sun’s room now won won..’’ mrs choi said as she pointed to sunny’s room.    

‘’w-what?! She’s here?!’’ he unfolded his arms.    

‘’yeah won won...she surprised us..sun sun didnt know she came back. Fany said she wanted to surprise her so she didnt tell her she was here.’’     Siwon just stood in his kitchen motionless.    

‘’won won? You alright-‘’    

The door to sunny’s room flung open. Sunny and tiffany came out.    

‘’haha oh my word fany! Please come by more often alright?! It was really a pleasant surprise by you.’’ Sunny held onto tiffany’s hands and swung them from side to side.    

‘’haha of course sun sun, i really missed you.’’    

Tiffany shifted her eyes to the kitchen and that’s when she saw siwon, looking at her all speechless.    

‘’siwonnie...’’ she called out to him.    

‘’h-hey..’’ siwon replied her. Sunny and mrs choi only looked at them, they could see the awkwardness between the 2 ex lovers.    

‘’siwon..’’ tiffany said after a moment of silence.    

‘’yeah?’’    

‘’can we go for a little walk?’’ she asked him.    

Siwon only stared at her, silent for awhile.    

‘’oh er..’’    

‘’please? Just for awhile..’’    

‘’well...alright then..’’    

She smiled and made her way towards him, putting back on her shoes before heading out the house. Siwon followed her behind.    

---------------------------------    

Silence was the only thing happening around the 2 ex lovers as they continued walking through the path ways of the cannel. Tiffany was walking in front of siwon, who was staring at her back profile.    

Tiffany let out a giggle. ‘’when are you going to stop staring at me siwonnie?’’ she suddenly asked as she turned back to face him.    

‘’haha er..’’ siwon looked down before looking at her. ‘’sorry..’’    

She smiled at him before walking towards the beams of the cannal. Placing her hands on them. ‘’dont be..i guess its only natural to do that after being away from each other for 6 long years.’’    

Siwon slowly crept up towards her and stood beside her. ‘’haha y-yeah..i guess so. How have you been doing fany?’’    

‘’hmmmm  fine?’’ she moved her hands along the beams. ‘’how about you?’’    

Siwon let out a small chuckle. ‘’yeap..same old same old..nothing much really happened.’’    

Tiffany looked at him before punching lightly on the arms. ‘’haha! thats not true siwonnie! Look at you, dating again eh?’’    

Siwon felt a little uneasy upon hearing those words.    

Tiffany sighed. ‘’when did you 2 started dating?’’ her tone a bit different now.    

‘’erm...maybe about 2 months back?’’     She smiled before looking back at the river.    

‘’i see...’’    

‘’yeah..’’    

‘’siwonnie..mind if i ask you a question?’’ she asked.    

‘’sure...go ahead.’’    

‘’if...’’ she turned to him ‘’if i never left for the states..would i..would we still be-‘’    

‘’fany..we would definitely still be together...’’    

She smiled. ‘’sooyoung..a-are you happy with her?’’    

Siwon chuckled. ‘’haha..fany what kind of question is that?’’    

‘’just answer me siwon..’’    

siwon was taken aback slightly by her sudden serious tone.    

‘’yes...yes i am.’’    

Tiffany only sighed. ‘’well, i guess i better be going.’’ she turned back to walked away but siwon grabbed her wrist.    

‘’fany why?’’    

‘’nah i was just curious thats all-‘’    

‘’no i dont mean that..why? why didnt you tell me you were leaving for the states? Why? I could have waited for you, heck, i could have even followed you there. We could have continued on in our relationship.’’    

Tiffany, upon hearing siwon bring up the past, only pulled her hand away. ‘’siwonnie..lets not talk about that.’’    

‘’fany...i just want to know the reason.’’ He tighten his hold on her wrist.    

‘’would that change anything even if i told you the reason? Would we still be together? no..the answer is no.’’    

‘’fany..’’    

‘’alright siwon..i really have to go..’’ she pulled her hand away before walking away from him. siwon only stood there, watching her leave. His phone suddenly rang, he reached into his pocket   and took it out, answering it.    

‘’yeah?’’    

‘’hey won won..’’ yesung’s voice came coming to his ears.    

‘’yea hyung?’’    

‘’hey you mind coming down to the station tomorrow ?’’    

‘’whats up?’’    

‘’just need a little man power, thats all.’’    

‘’eh hyung, i’’    

‘’please...its a lot of stuff.’’    

‘’er...alright then..’’  

"yesh!!! You're the best! Alright so I'll see you tomorrow alright?  

"alright sure hyung." with that he ended the call.   "guess I have to tell youngie I won't be able to make it for church tomorrow."   He sent Sooyoung a message before heading back up to his house.  

---------------------------------  

-Sunday

"wonnie you big liar!" Sooyoung said as she just opened the message send by Siwon yesterday. "you said you would be with me for the whole of today! You pabo!"  

"unnie! Are you ready? Hurry up! Service gonna start soon!"  

"I'll be done in a moment!" she shouted.  

"argh! You're so dead when I see you later wonnie!"  

Siwon stayed in the office helping yesung file in papers, lots and lots of papers and by the time he was done it was already 12.46pm in the afternoon, he quickly bade yesung and heechul goodbye before heading out the station, that's when he got a sudden phone call by some unknown caller.  

"hello? Whose this speaking?" he asked as he answered the call.  

"siwonnie?" Tiffany's voice was heard.  

"fany?" he asked.  

"can we meet? Say at the coffee shop near your house?"  

"oh...o-ok sure..what time?"  

"erm now would be a good time.."  

"alright then, I'm coming over now" he said as he switched off his phone which was running low on battery, he got in his car and started the engines, driving to where Tiffany was and totally forgetting about his promise with Sooyoung.  

---------------------------------  

Sooyoung had been waiting outside the church for 20 minutes, Siwon still had not shown up. She took out her phone from her hand bag and dialled him.  

"sorry the number you just dialled is currently Un available, please try again later."  

Sooyoung only sighed. "and now I can't get through you? Wonnie just where the heck are you?"  

She continued waiting regardless. Soon 1 hour passed by, she decided not to wait anymore and headed back home to get some rest.  

---------------------------------  

Evening came and Siwon was on his way to Sooyoung's house. He reached her door And rang the bell. Mrs choi opened the door awhile later.  

"oh hey won won its you!" she smiled at Him  

"haha yeap, is youngie at home mrs choi?" he asked as he got in.  

"yeap, she's in her room.." she pointed to sooyoung's room door which was left slightly opened. Just then sooyoung opened her room door and stepped out.

‘’whose that mummy-‘’ she stopped halfway when she saw siwon.

‘’w-wonnie..’’ she speak.

Mrs choi gave a smile and tapped siwon on the shoulders. ‘’now you 2 have a good time alright? I’m gonna turn in for the night.’’ She yawned as she excused herself, walking into her room.

Once she was gone siwon turned to smile at sooyoung. ‘’hi babe..’’

She only looked at him before heading to the sofa. Siwon only smiled and walked up to her, taking a seat beside her on the sofa. Sooyoung shifted her body away from his when he sat down, curious, he began to hug her from the back.

‘’youngie....whats wrong?’’ he kissed her cheeks

She gently emerge her hands out of his grips and stood up, walking a few steps away before stopping and folding her arms.

‘’youngie?’’ siwon was confuse as to why she was acting like this.

‘’w-where were you the whole day wonnie?’’ she asked him, still looking away

‘’oh that...haha i was with f-‘’ he stopped halfway, he couldn’t tell her that he was with tiffany the whole day.

‘’who were you with?’’ she turned back to face him.

‘’erm...somebody.’’ he said. ‘’why? Whats wrong?’’

‘’wonnie...have you forgotten about today?’’ she asked him.

‘’hmmm? Whats up? What about today?’’ he stood up and walked towards her, placing at both his hands on the sides of her arm. Which was still cross, she gently slapped his hands away.

‘’y-you said you would spend the whole day with me today wonnie? Have you forgotten?’’ she looked into his eyes.

A sudden realisation came upon him when he heard her sentence, siwon only looked at her in shocked, he wasted no time in enveloping her into a comforting hug.

‘’oh my goodness! youngie..i’m so so so sorry..’’ rubbing his arms in circles around her back. ‘’i totally forgot about it..’’

‘’and you said you could remember anything that involved me so easily..’’ she said in a sad tone.

‘’youngie...i’m really sorry i didn’t keep my word..i’m-‘’

She pushed him away slightly and turned her body away from his. ‘’i called you so many times wonnie, but you didn’t even pick up my phone...’’

‘’youngie i’m really really sorry about this, my p-phone, it was flat out of battery.’’

‘’even so...you should have remembered about the date wonnie..’’

‘’youngie..’’ he hugged her from the back. ‘’its my fault alright? Please don’t be angry anymore-‘’

‘’who were you with?’’

‘’what?’’

‘’who were with just now? Didn’t you said you with somebody just now?’’

Siwon suddenly felt scared, he removed his arms away from sooyoung’s. How could he tell sooyoung that he was with tiffany the whole time? She  would definitely not let this rest.

‘’well? Answer me wonnie...who were you with?’’

‘’y-youngie..promise me you wont be mad when you hear this.’’ He started. ‘’i...i was with..’’

‘’what wonnie? Tell me...’’

Siwon gulped before speaking. ‘’i was with fany.’’

Sooyoung widened her eyes a bit when she heard the name fany.

‘’y-you were with her the whole day?’’ she asked, raising her voice a little tad higher. ‘’what were you 2 doing together?’’

‘’youngie...it was just to catch up..honest. She called me in the afternoon after i was done helping hyung with the work.’’

‘’s-she called you? Didn’t you say your phone went flat? Please explain to me wonnie.’’

‘’it went flat yes..after she called me.’’

Siwon could see that sooyoung was doubting him a little bit.

‘’s-so you ditched me to spend your whole afternoon with her?’’

‘’no youngie! thats not it..please trust me..i didn’t do anything of that sort...really it was just to catch up with her. I didn’t mean to forget about today’s date with you.’’

‘’wonnie i-i don’t know-‘’

‘’please? Youngie i love you..i don’t have any feelings for fany anymore, you’ve got to believe me.’’

Sooyoung kept silent.

‘’youngie...’’ he said as he continued observing her staying silent. He suddenly grabbed her hand and held it up to chest height.

‘’wonnie what are you doing?!’’

‘’youngie..hit me. Hit me if it would make you feel better.’’ He said as he directed sooyoung’s hand to slap him on the head.

Knock.

‘’i was wrong for forgetting about our date.’’

Knock.

‘’i was wrong for letting you wait for me for so long.’’

Sooyoung only bit her lips when she kept looking at siwon beating his head with her hand. He raised it up again to strike him once more but sooyoung stopped him. 

‘’wonnie...stop it..stop hitting yourself.’’

Siwon looked at her, ‘’y-you forgive me youngie?’' 

She looked away. ‘’i was really, really excited today..i thought i would be able to hang out with you..’’

Siwon held a hand to her face and make her face him.

‘’youngie i-i.’’

‘’i forgive you wonnie...just please..please don’t leave me like this again next time, it really hurts.’’

siwon immediately crash his lips onto hers.

‘’youngie..i promise you this time..i’ll never ever forget any date or plans with you.’’

She smiled and kissed him back. ‘’consider yourself forgiven choi siwon.’’

He smiled and hugged her, spinning her around. ‘’thank you youngie.’’

‘’you’re welcome.’’

‘’oh wait...that reminds me..youngie.’’ siwon said as he removed his cross necklace from his neck. ‘’here take this.’’

‘’hmm? Whats this for?’’

He smiled. ‘’well, this may sound weird and stupid. But whenever i’m not around or near you and if you feel lonely without me, look at this necklace...that way it would somehow make you feel better alright? Its a little something from me..’’

‘’wonnie..i-i cant-‘’

‘’let me put it on for you..’’ he said as he push sooyoung’s head down a little and place the necklace over her neck. ‘’there...it looks good on you youngie..beautiful isn’t it?’’

She started fidgeting with it. ‘’it sure is...thank you wonnie.’’

‘’hey don’t mention it babe..alright. what ya wanna do now youngie? how about some supper?’’

‘’sure...i cant say no to food..’’

Siwon only laughed and ran a finger down her nose. ‘’that my piggy youngie..’’

---------------------------------

Sooyoung got back home the moment she was done having supper with siwon, she quickly got to her wardrobe and took out her normal wear, getting into the bathtub the moment she was done. After a good long 15 mins, she came out, and headed towards her hair dryer, blowing her hair dry. As she started blowing her hair dry, she looked at the necklace that siwon gave her before smiling to herself.

She hopped on to her bed the moment she was done switching off the lights. As she did, she started fumbling with the cross necklace.

his may sound weird and stupid. But whenever i’m not around or near you and if you feel lonely without me, look at this necklace...that way it would somehow make you feel better alright?

She was reminded of what siwon said as she looked at the necklace. She held the small cross-like figure that was hooked onto the little rings of chains and brought it near her face.

‘’wonnie...you said if i felt lonely now, that i should look at this necklace right?’’ she said. ‘’well, i’m feeling so much more better after looking at it..’’

Just then she got a text message from siwon.

From: wonnie (bf/husband)

‘’goodnight youngie! don’t let the bad bugs bite..sleep tight! Ps. Please dream about me :P.’’

She only lit up a smile and placed  her phone back on the table beside her before turning in for the night

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors notes: hey guys, alright i know this chapter ..but i think this was the hardest chapter i ever done yet, so please mind the lousy update, i promise to do better. lately, i've been losing my inspiration on contiuing but as long as you guys keep commenting, i will continue on writing. Anyways, i decided that from now on that i would only update my story if i get at least 5 comments. Haha i’ve been rather fond of comments lately, it really helps motivate me to continue on with my fic. And i would like to thank those frequent subscribers, namely angelynn & syoolove. Thank you guys sooo much for always dropping a comment, really appreciate you. To the other subscribers, thank you all too, please dont feel that i’m being bais. I love you guys for subscribing to really and i do hope you guys drop a comment. Haha its very simple task to do. Hope that i’m not asking much from you guys. cheers :D