Disturbed Ataraxia [Final]

Ripples In The Water

I quietly stepped out of the wooden cabin so I wouldn't wake up my parents. The earthly scent of soil immediately invaded my senses, as I was greeted warmly by mother nature. It was summer and my parents decided to go to the old wooden family cabin here, thinking I just might remember something

Yes, I was suffering from amnesia. Which was awfully weird, considering everything in this mind of mine, seems just in place. I can do math, I can read, I can do all the things I could before the accident. But they keep insisting that I'm forgetting something. And boy, do I hate that word now. Something. It's such an undetermined word, so uncertain, it has a value to it, but again, what value?

Shaking my head, I stretched and felt my body crack in protest. I groaned because heck, stretching always felt good. Deciding to travel, I started to walk to who-knows-where. It was a nice walk. Trees...dirt...grass...more trees...more dirt..more grass...and more trees. Yeah, it was kind of monotonous, but I'm not complaining. After a good amount of fifteen minutes of that, a noticeably different scent made me pause for a bit. It was....flowery and less of a musky scent. Going on my tippy-toes, I tried to see beyond the trees ahead of me, and there it was! A meadow. I wrinkled my nose. Everyone always boasts about the wonderful scent of flowers, but I never saw what was so good about it. It was...I have no idea how to explain it. It just doesn't smell pleasant and quaint as I guess it should be.

I approached the field of happiness and stopped. I wanted to go prance around in it like in the movies, but then again, the stupid people are stepping on the flowers. No one has ever thought of that, have they? Beautiful scene...doesn't realize they're killing a few flowers. Tsk.

Yawning, I rolled my neck and took a step into the tract of grassland, inwardly apologizing to the now crushed flowers, and took a seat. It was actually a nice place to be, in the between of a pasture of flowers, and behind you is a thicket of woodland. How nice to have to option of going in between the two choices.

I stared aimlessly at pretty much nothing as I sat there. I thought about nothing, but felt like looking at everything. While I was in this awkward state, a sound of crunching came behind me. My heart jumped and my posture stiffened upright. My eyebrows furrowed and I had to convince myself to calm down.

I had a slight habit of going into panic after the accident. 

But it really wasn't MY fault...

"Who's there? Say your name and show yourself. If you make any sudden movements, I'm going to run..." I said. I don't know about you, but when I'm scared, I tend to go on tangents...which was a con on my part, because now the stranger knew I was going to run. Which was a dead give away because hey, I'm still on the ground sitting. The moment I get up to run, I would proabably be in the process of being . 

A shuffling sound came again, and slowly, a shadow appeared in the forest line. It was hard, yet not impossible -- until I identified it as a man. Or boy that was sort of my age. Dark eyes stared at me unwaveringly under dishevled blond locks. 

I raised an eyebrow and jutted my head forward as to say, 'Are you going to speak, or nah'?

He noticed, and a smile grew on his face, obviously amused. To what? I have no idea...

"I'm Daehyun, no need to be alarmed. I wouldn't hurt you," His voice made nostalgia run though me, causing me to tremble. I gulped down the feeling though, and shrugged it off. I raised myself off of the ground and clapped my hands together, brushing off the dirt. I felt half cautious nearing him, but the other half was absolutely entranced by his looks. 

Again, I had no idea why. He looked derpy. Especially with those big lips of his.

"Well Daehyun, isn't it a lovely day?" I said and smiled. 


"If there was one thing you could wish for, what would it be?" Daehyun asked. 

I rolled my eyes and chuckled amusedly. He would be the kind of person who would ask that question. 

"I would wish the accident never happened." I replied smoothly. Even though he would seem like that person, I was the type that thought about it all the time.

"Accident?" His face contorted in an unreadable expression, almost confused, but probably almost sad he didn't realize I was ever in one. 

I bitterly recited the story I had rehearsed many times before. 

"...and yeah," I intelligently ended. I closed my eyes and turned up at the darkened sky. "I don't even remem-" I choked on my own breath and my eyes prickled with a familiar feeling. There was a lump in my throat, and I tried to swallow it down, but the more I tried, the more my eyes blurred."Oh I see now..." My voice took a turn, and I felt it. It became raspy and small... "I was coming here when I had the accident..."


"Umma! I'm going to take a walk!" I exclaimed while trying to rush out. 

"Alright~!" She singsonged, knowing how much I loved the outside. And the sight of me being unnaturally happy lately.

I rewinded last nights moment when me and Daehyun, or Daehyun and I, excuse me, laid at the same spot we met and star gazed. It had been three days since he scared me, and since that day, we already promised to meet up. A gust of wind blew past me as I halted in the middle of meadow, not caring for the now crushed plants, because on the bright side, there were many others. And when it regrows back, it should be stronger... and it's okay if it's never the same. At least it lived a life. 

"Daehyun!" I gleefully exclaimed when I turned and saw him approaching the field. I cringed inwardly. Wow. I sound kind of overly-gay.


It was the last day I was going to be here, and each day had been filled with talking and admiring mother nature with Daehyun. It was only a week, but hell, I feel like I'm head-over-heels in LOVE with this guy. (But not like I would admit it...)

Daehyun stared at me as I threw a stone across the lake we found yesterday. It bounced off the surface of the water a couple of times before sinking into the dpeths of the lake.

"Your turn," I grinned.

"Just don't cry when you lose," he stuck out his tongue while smiling, making me chuckle. Only Daehyun...

And as expected, he preformed splendidly. The stone bounced WAY more times then mine, and sunk. He slightly smirked as he saw me gawk (But not like I would admit that too!). 

"Fine. You win." I mumbled.

"As my prize, the great Daehyun wants to know how you feel about me," he said softly, even as his speech reeked of ego.

I sputtered and my face turned red. Oh boy. What a situation I've been put in...I my lips nervously and let out a shaky sigh.

"I think I like you...romantically."

A smile crept up to Daehyun's face and the man leaned down, pressing a sweet kiss on my lips. The feeling was something between sorrow and pure bliss. It brought butterflies to my stomach as well as a stabbing pain in my heart. My trip was pretty much over and I would have to go back to my small town...I wouldn't meet Daehyun ever again.

"I'm glad I met you again..." he murmured.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I demanded as my heart stopped, an uneasy feeling prickling my nerves.

"Spirits can't leave this world if they have an unfinished business." He stated as his form became somewhat translucent.

"I love you Jae-giya" 

His words invited different emotions in me.

Lights began to surround him. I never realized he called me by my nickname, a name I've never been called since the accident.

"But you feel so real," I cried out brokenly as the remnants of the lights that encircled him disappeared along with him.

Then it all came back. I was never the one driving in the pouring rain to the cabin. It was Daehyun. 

"I love you Daehyunnie..." I whispered once more.


"Umma...Appa... I miss him. I miss Daehyunnie." I mumbled after I entered the cabin.

Both of my parents brought me into a tight embrace, my words had told them that I remembered. And they were beyond happy, but I couldn't be as delighted, for my chest tightened at the thought of Daehyun.