The Beginning of the Storm

The Beginning of the Storm

It had only been for a week that Katze brought Riki back to Eos. The handcuffs that kept RIki's wrists bound together clinked with each movement from the mongrel as he followed the eunuch to his car. He would have followed the eunuch eventually, so why bother with the chains? The mongrel hated being seen with chains and collars. It made him feel like a slave. Of course, everyone knew, by now, that he was the mongrel pet of Iason Mink. There was no use hiding that fact. Despite the anger and humiliation he'd endured, having the eunuch come to him so publically, Riki still didn't regret his actions. The week may be over, but he was certain that he'd continue to do as he pleased; whatever the consequences may be that awaited him at the end of the day.

"It's so ing boring here." Riki complained. His back pressed up against the wall that bordered one side of the balcony from the rest of the pension. The white marble railing lined the edge of the balcony, where Riki sat, suspended a thousand feet above the ground. The only movement came from Riki's hair, swaying gently in the cool breeze that was only present in the evening, when the Amoian wind currents were at their strongest. A cigarette hung from between the mongrel's lips, and a line of smoke drifted from the end up into the evening air. The sky was already growing dark. Riki had been in that position since morning.

Nearby, the red haired eunuch stood, poised, against the door of the balcony. A strand of his red hair wavered in the breeze, revealing a scar that traced its way down the left side of the eunuch's face. A memory of his disobedience; something that would forever remind the red head of his position as the former furniture of Iason Mink. "What did I tell you? Play time's over, Riki. You know you'd be coming back eventually, so why did you dawdle on your return?" Katze said, his eyes trained on the mongrel, who rested a few steps away from him. Unlike the eunuch, the mongrel was reckless. He didn't care if he got punished. He knew nothing of Iason's anger. If only Riki had the common sense to comprehend the Blondie's love for him. Katze knew, in the back of his mind, that Riki cared for his master. The boy was just in denial of that fact. He'd never admit it. Not in front of the eunuch, and especially not to the Blondie himself. It was, quite possibly, the pride that the mongrel held on to all this time. Since the day he'd become Iason's pet until now. If it wasn't that pride, Riki would have been much more submissive, wouldn't he?

The mongrel snorted. He tossed the finished cigarette, a Marlboro; a brand he'd managed to get using the credits Iason gave him, as if the brand meant nothing to him. The price of the cigarette was something that the mongrel ignored, since the Blondie was loaded with the cash Riki needed to purchase it. "Come on, it's not like he's here. What will he do with what he doesn't know?" Riki scoffed. Iason had been clustered with work. Things ranging from paperwork to meetings on a daily basis. Riki had only ever been scolded once. Nothing enough to completely prevent Riki from his daily routines. Those that involved Raoul most of the time. A close friend of Iason Mink whom Riki enjoyed pranking, especially on the more lazy days. Days when Riki had nothing to do. It was no surprise that the eunuch had to personally return to the slums to fetch Riki.

Riki had managed enough to make Raoul homocidal. The Blondie's hatred for the mongrel was humerous to Riki, and did nothing in scaring him. Day after day, the mongrel would return with more curses. From speaking like a tour guide to turning into a cat. Anything to lower the Blondie's pride was enough to satisfy the mongrel's pleasure. On many occasions, Katze was commanded to order a cage. One that the eunuch never got his hands on, dissapointingly enough. 

"He'll show up when you least expect it, and then you'll be in trouble. I warned you to behave, didn't I? You better thank Iason for loving you enough to keep lord Am at bay." the red head responded. He doubted that the mongrel would listen to his advice. Riki never did. Instead, he'd most likely disregard Katze altogether. Lately, he'd been taking advantage of the eunuch's sleeping patterns. Choosing to bother Raoul at the most un-Jupiterly hours of the night. The male needed reprimanding. Where is Iason when he needed him? But Katze was also relieved that the Blondie wasn't here. For if Iason knew of what Riki had been doing, who knows what would happen to the mongrel?

"Like he'd get away with much. I won't change." Riki said. He turned his head to grin at the eunuch. "Speaking of Raoul, I liked that name you gave him. Nyaoul?" the mongrel teased. He chuckled mischievously. The eunuch smiled in response. The two had been enjoying the Blondie's embarrassment during his feline phase, and the eunuch managed to grace lord Am with that nickname. "We should give Iason one as well. What'chu think, Katze? Any ideas?" Riki added, earning the interest of the solemn eunuch.

"Not too sure. How about Ia-Ia?" he posed. The two debated on the nickname for a few moments. The name was tempting, but it wasn't enough for Riki.

"Minki? But that just sounds too cute." Riki said, chuckling to himself before being cut off by the red head, who was beginning to snicker at a possible nickname.

"Sonny." he said. His lips widened in a huge grin as he began laughing over the name. 

It took the mongrel a few seconds to digest the nickname, before finally understanding it. Soon, he was laughing along with Katze over the nickname. "Holy Jupiter, yes! Sonny! It sounds like what those old English folks say to people. Imagine Iason talking like that." the mongrel said while wiping away a few drops of tears that came from laughing so much. Katze was doing the same. The two laughed for what felt like ten minutes over the matter, completely oblivious to the sound of the front door of the pension opening and closing. It had been a boring day for the mongrel, but he the nickname had managed to brighten his day for at least a few minutes that night.

"Oh bloody . Sonny. I should start calling Iason that from now on." Riki spoke again, pressing the back of his head against the wall just as the Blondie appeared behind Katze. The eunuch tensed at the sight of Iason, and immediately nodded a slight bow, acknowledging the master's presence.

"No you will not." Iason spoke, his arms crossed in front of his chest. The mongrel froze, looking up to see the Blondie standing where Katze stood only a few seconds ago. Iason’s eyes were narrowed in a menacing glare. His icy cold, blue eyes showed no mercy. From the Blondie's expression, Riki knew that he was going to get it.

The eunuch now stood behind the blondie. His face serious as it was when he’d left to fetch Riki from Ceres. The eunuch's face showed no hint of his previous smile.

"I shall take my leave, lord Mink." Katze spoke lowly; maybe a bit too quietly. He bowed before looking back at Riki, giving the mongrel a quick salute before he retreated back inside the pension. His expression read, 'Good luck, Riki. You're on your own'