Signs

Signs

~ ~ ~

 

“Minho, do you think we are even compatible?”

 

“Huh?” Minho was just too shocked where this thing is coming from.

 

“I mean, astrologically. You know, like how they determine compatibilities in western countries where they use zodiac signs. There are twelve depending on someone’s birthday and-”

 

“I know exactly what zodiac signs are, Jinki-hyung.”

 

“O-okay…” Jinki lowered his head and pretended to be seriously looking at his cellphone.

 

“So what does it says?” Minho asked, glancing at the older as he flipped the pages of the book he was holding, contents of which are not reaching his understanding, though.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Our signs? What does it says on our compatibility?”

 

“You know… We are both Sagittarius…”

 

“And?”

 

“We are known to be restless, competitive, adventurous. We fear predictability so being so similar just won’t make it work.”

 

“Uh-huh” the younger just nodded.

 

“That’s it?!”Jinki was too disappointed at how apathetic Minho was.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with being so similar, hyung. As far as I understand, we are INDEED compatible.”

 

“You are reading it wrong, Minho. We are just too alike, we’ll clash. We’re both competitive, there’s friction.”

 

“No, hyung, you are the one reading it wrong.” Minho answered again with his flat tone, “because we have the same signs, we agree at almost everything. We are alike so there will be nothing to argue. Plus, you doesn’t seem so competitive therefore take that out and there will be no clashing.”

 

“I AM competitive.” Jinki argued, now standing from his seat, pushing the chair audibly. “Not so showy as you, but I DO have the urge to always win.”

 

“Regardless, I don’t think that will be a problem.” Minho replied now looking straight at Jinki, frowning. “And what makes you so perked up on zodiacs? These things don’t bother us before.”

 

“Nothing. It’s just that, as compared to Kibum and Jonghyun, which are Libra and Aries, their astrological signs are so perfect. Libras are analytical, diplomatic while Aries are passionate and considerate.  Their signs’ attraction is ardent and remarkable.”

 

“Oh, so it was coming from this.” Minho finally had a hint that this was all Kibum’s doing, “They’re 180 degrees apart from the zodiac, I don’t see anything so compatible with that.”

 

“Being compatible doesn’t mean you have to be near the stars of others. Besides, there is this law in Physics that opposite attracts, same signs repel. We are same signs so…”

 

“So we are talking about science now? I thought we are all about Astrology.”

 

“But Astrology is also a science!”

 

“No hyung, science are all about facts; astrology are mere fortune-telling.”

 

“No. It studies the positioning of stars and planets and moons.” Jinki answered. He is getting frustrated with this. How can a mere discussion of compatibility became this baffling. “Look, let’s stop here. It’s just so hard to prove a point with you. You are too stubborn. I’m going now to my room now and don’t bother if it’s nothing important.” With that, the older jolted out of their living room.

 

Minho just stood there still unable to comprehend what just happened. Sure they were discussing zodiac signs but when did this turn out to word war? He never thought Jinki to be the one to be fussing over such small stuff so he better talk to the indirect culprit of this all: Kibum.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Kibum’s laughter can be heard in the entire dorm soon as Minho confronted him and told what happened with him and Jinki a while ago. “You two are so ridiculous, fighting over such!”

 

“My thoughts exactly! I wasn’t the one to be fussing over such things. He is insisting this and that and I was just saying my opinion.”

 

“But you maybe, you didn’t say what hyung wanted to hear.”

 

“How am I supposed to know that? I am his boyfriend not his psychic nor his mindreader. And you know I am not too good with words, Kibum.”

 

“Choi, sometimes actions are not enough. And there are things that can be assured through words.” The older said patting his shoulder before heading out to his own room.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Hyung! Hurry up! Let’s take this chance while Kibum seems to be not in the right mind to be treating us to dinner!” Taemin shouted at their Leader from outside their dorm.

 

“You---! I am always in my ever right mind, FYI. I know I am the highest earner this past few months so there is no harm in my wallet if I treat you guys.” Kibum said nonchalantly. “Besides, it’s our sixth anniversary so we better party!”

 

“How nice of my man to treat us on our special day.” Jonghyun commented, clinging his hand over Kibum’s shoulder.

 

“Onew-hyung doesn’t seem to remember because he’s busy moping about his recent argument with Choi.” Kibum whispered to the older.

 

“Oh, ho! Lovers’ quarrel… I bet after this dinner they’ll be all over each other again and we’ll be hearing those god-knows-where-that-came-from noises.”

 

“Hyung! Hurry up! Jonghyun’s been spreading gossips about you!” Taemin shouted again.

 

“What did I say?!” the older acting innocently.

 

As Jinki was about to go out from his room, Minho blocked the path with his hand and looked at the older, “Hyung…”

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s talk.”

 

“They are waiting outside, can’t it wait?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“For?”

 

“I don’t even know what for.” Okay that turned out wrong. “I can’t elaborate exactly how our conversation heated up like that the other time. But I think I just had to apologize. I don’t intend to argue with you.”

 

“Let’s go now, Minho, they are already waiting.”

 

But Minho doesn’t even budge, instead he suddenly hugs the older tightly, touching the back of his head, “Hyung, I miss you.”

 

“M-minho, are you crazy?” Jinki tried to move the other away from him but his actions are futile, “M-minho, let me go.”

 

“I know it wasn’t even long enough, but I miss you nonetheless. And no, I am not letting you go until…” he then cups the older’s face, smiling sweetly and said, “you forgive me?”

 

Jinki pouted. ‘How can even Minho do this to him? Corner him? And how can he not yet forgive his man when he is acting all cute in front of---’

 

Minho could not resist anymore. With Jinki’s protruding plump lips, he gently covered it with his, ignoring the shock from the other. But when he felt Jinki just letting him go on, with the older’s hand gently caressing his back, he kissed the other deeper.

 

“Hopeless Lovebirds, don’t make us wait for you until our seventh anniversary!” they heard Kibum shouted, breaking the apart.

 

“Guess we should already join them, unless we don’t want Key to be treating us ever again.” Jinki whispered.

 

And true to their teasing, they were inseparable all night; Minho even staying to sleep over at Jinki’s room soon as they got home.

 

While looking at Jinki’s sleeping form in front of him, he remembered the talk about zodiacs again. Indeed they are somehow alike that they might bore off each other, but this likeness will also let them understand each other more, easily comprehend what the other might feel. And he still believes that apart from any other analysis on one’s star, birth date, blood types and whatnot, their relationship is founded on forces far off greater than any branch of science can explain.

 

Besides, nobody says there can’t be a scabbard for two swords.

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

A/N: A late 6th year SHINee-versary gift for y’all my OnHo/MiNew ladies~ un-beta-ed and written in one sitting.. XD sorry for any errors and whatsoever.. ^^;