final

Phone Call

 

Kai was sitting on the couch in his living room with the TV volume on mute, his eyes glued on his laptop screen in his lap concentrating on replying to the emails that sent by one of his fellow members of the project team from the office when his phone rang. Baekhyun name flashing a few times on the screen. Baekhyun is not the type of person who likes to talk on the phone, he rarely called kai during their relationship. Okay, maybe a few times Baekhyun've phoned but it was for emergencies only, Kai is always the one who would call first. Baekhyun is the type who directly came to see Kai if he want to talk or need anything. With a little hasitate, kai hurriedly slide the green button.

“Hey baek..”

Hey ..”

“Baek, is everything okay?”

Yeah, everything’s good,” Baekhyun replied cheerfully and Kai breathed a sigh of relief. At least, Baekhyun si not in an emergency, so that he’s still be able to concentrate on his email. “What are you doing?

“Just finished replying an email from the office,” Kai answered while pressing the send button and he  start reading another email.

Kai hear Baekhyun snorted before saying, "Kai, you're on off of work, which it means  you shouldn’t work. If you are replying an email now which is working, it's not an off. "

“well.., Not everyone has a crazy rich dad who can pay for our lifetime ‘till death,” kai said jokingly

Are you making fun of me?” Baekhyun shouted pretending to be offended

Kai chuckled at his boyfriend's tone, he could imagine Baekhyun lips formed a cute pout. Baekhyun Dad is one of super competitive businessman in Korea, he has some major companies that spread almost all over Korea. Baekhyun parents is also very very selective on deciding Baekhyun life because he is the only child of the Byun families who will inherit their entire companies. So They deciding anything that should be decided in baekhyun life. for example, which school Baekhyun must in, what  majors he must take, with whom he was hanging out, with whom he is in a relationship. Shortly version is Baekhyun life has been planned by his parents.

The first time Baekhyun brought him to meet his parrents was hell. they looked at Kai from freaking head to freaking toe like an eagle and as that isn’t enough to scared the hell out of him, just then they started to bombard him with tons of questions. Like, where his school?, where his house?, whom his parents?  And so on. See? hell.  But he loved their child, so he also have to love the whole of his parents no matter what. So Kai did it with all his heart.

“So.. why do you call me? " Kai asked

what? I can’t call you? Can’t I miss my boyfriend?”

“Cut the bull, babe. What do you want hmm?”

Now it’s Baekhyun turn to chuckled.

Daddy got an invitation to a charity event, uh fundraising for the certain foundation that often receives donations from Dad’s company,

“yaaa..,” Kai said, only half listening because his eyes was on the laptop screen reading an email from one of his clients.

Usually Daddy will go with Mom to this event, but this time he couldn’t because they was out the city, he was very busy these day. So  Dad wants me to represent him.”

“Riiiight..” Kai turn on his speaker on the phone and put it on the side of his laptop before pressing the reply button on the screen and start typing.

“I hadn’t wanted to go because i have no one to go with, but then I remember my lovely and lonely boyfriend, so I think, because you're also off of work, what if you accompany me to this event?

“Okay”

Kai?

“mmhem?”

Kai, are you even listening?!

“I am” indeed. Kai didn’t lie, he does listen to what Baekhyun say, he just doesn’t try to understand.

God.., I swear to death if you answer my phone while replying to an email, I’ll burn your laptop when I came into your apartment!! I swear..!

"...."

"Kaaaaiiiy!!"

“Wait, how do you know I'm replying an email?” Kai asked a little bit traumatized by Baekhyun threat , hastily he stopped typing and glanced to the left and right just to make sure Baekhyun not spies on him from inside the apartment. Maybe because Baekhyun is rich as , one day when they went on date, he once threw Kai’s phone out of window from 4th floor when kai too focused with a new game he just download on his phone and not paying much attention to Baekhyun. So being all fabulous he is, Baekhyun elegantly walked across the table then calmly and casually threw Kai innocent phone out of the window. And Kai just sat there with his mouth wide open and dumbfounded too shocked to say anything. And Kai never forget the first words that came out of Baekhyun mouth after he throws Kai phone. "so Kai, I was asked you why don't zombies ever poop?” Kai mouth getting more and more wide but there was no word that could come out. Poor innocent phone.

oh please.., I'm the best graduates of the top Universities at DC. who can guess amazingly perfectly correct just from hearing the sound you use!”

Kai frowned, sometimes he used to wonder, is Baekhyun can read people's minds? because sometimes Baekhyun can read his next moves correctly before Kai even do it. Or like now, Baekhyun know exactly what he was doing when they're not even face to face.

So.. Can you accompany me?” baekhyun asked

“can I wear jeans and t-shirts?”

Whaat!? Of course Not. This is formal event you idiot! Wear a suit and tie.”

“Suit and tie? Hmm.. No thanks i’m off of work”

Baekhyun snorted again, “Babe, this is charity even! Duh, fine. If you don’t want to wear a suit, you can wear my daddy’s hem.”

“Are you crazy?i’m wearing dad’s hem? Do you want me to die in a pathetic way baek?”

Okay , Just borrow one of your apartment cleaner boy then” Baekhyun chuckled and Kai swear he  want to jump into the other line of the phone to strangle Baekhyun.

“Baek, do you want me to accompany you or not?”

of course YEEEEASH

“Then please stop suggest somethings really impossible,” a soft chuckled can be heard from the other line “Is black trousers and white shirt can be accepted?”

Maybe ya, if you want to be mistaken as a waitress at this event, oh.., you might as well wear a bow tie Kai.

“That’s it, I’m hanging up!!”

"Wait! Kai, Kai.., i'm sorry..i'm sorry. I swear to God I'm not making fun of you anymore, Now we are serious. If you help me this time, I'll owe you something. You can ask me anything. Anytime .."

Kai said nothing for a minute, he just let Baekhyun bribe him with all sorts of things to make Kai would help. Its not he needs to be bribed for helping the one and only man he loved the most. But he just can't refuse the chance to bully his boyfriend, in a good way (?). right?

"Okay, fine. I'll go. But one day when I called you to ask for something, no matter what it is or what time, you should be ready. Deal?" a long sigh can be heard from the other line.

"Okay deal, Whatever you want!" Baekhyun promised

 

 

_

 

 

 

Kai just standing or sometimes sitting next to Baekhyun, smiling at the sudden changes behavior of his lover. Right after they reached the parking lot location, they went straight to the ballroom where the event was held. Baekhyun will automatically became really sweet and mature  when someone comes to greeted him, but when no one is  paying attention on him,  he will turn into a seven year old boy who lost his favorite toy. Pouting and sulking on kai.

It was nearly two hour the charity event is already lasted and Baekhyun start dying. As a child of the Byun family Baekhyun is quite famous among the upper. Almost along the event, many people came to him which Baekhyun don’t know who the hell is these people, but for the sake of his father's company, he just smile and greet them back sometimes they’ll make a small talk. And from baekhyun face expression right now, Kai can see very clearly that his boyfriend is really wanted to get the hell out from this ballroom.

“This ,” kai turned his head looking at his pouting boyfriend then ruffled his hair “We really shouldn’t have to come to this y event.”

 

 

 

_

 

 

 

“I don’t know how you can coax me to bid a new set of make-up," Kai said grumbling as he stepped out of the ballroom.

"so what?"

"What? Don’t you see all off people across the ballroom looked at me weirdly?" Baekhyun just waved his hand casually, “you are purposely making me buy this stuff, do you?” Kai asked suspiciously

“pffh.., i don’t know what are you talking about,” baekhyun said. But Kai know that his boyfriend is lied because he refused to look at him. "You let me bid, because you know I'm going to give this stuff to you if I win. Weell..,Newsflash to you. Your Plan is failed miserably. I’ll give this to your Mom or my secretary or whatever, not you.”

“B-but there is this new eyeliner latest edition there, you have to give it to me!” Kai widen his eyes. Eyeliner, so that what  makes Baekhyun insisted kai to buy a set of makeup? Oh my god, he just could buy that thing at the mall, not at freaking charity event and most of all he had to sacrifice Kai manliness in front of the bounch of guests event.

“No, i told you, I’ll give this to your mom or my secretary or whatever.”

“You wouldn’t,” baekhyun started to beging

“yes, I would”

Baekhyun scowled, “Aiish..!! Sometimes I wonder, why do I want to be your boyfriend, you’re gross and you are not romantic at all.”

“Oh please .., I came as Flynn Kai Ryder who come as a prince to rescue Rabaekhyunzel.”

“Kai?”

“Yes princess Baek..”

“Shut up!”

They stood in front of the elevator door with the other guests who are now looked at both of them with a smile as they hear their little debate just now, Kai was grinning to them to indicate that his  debate with Baekhyun is just a joke when the elevator doors opened, Kai instanly pulled Baekhyun and put Baekhyun in front of him, he put his hand around baekhyun waist to avoid the rush of people who will enter the elevator. Baekhyun silently resting his head on the end of kai chest.

“Tired princess?” kai said as a whisper. Baekhyun just nodded and a soft yawn escape from his mouth, “want to stay at my place tonight?”

“No.”

"Seriously? You don't want to stay at my place?"

"No."

“Come on! You owe me something, remember?”

“No.” Baekhyun snuggled closer to Kai chest.

“Don’t you dare Byun Baekhyun. You said If I help you, you’ll owe you something, anything, anytime!”

“Fine, but you have to give the make up set to me,”

Kai rolled his eyes, Baekhyun who promised to give him something but in fact Kai is the one who gives something to Baekhyun now. But if it makes Baekhyun stay with him tonight, Kai would give everything he had.

“Fine, just stay with me to night,” Baekhyun lifted his head and kissed kai cheeks.“ But not just staying, I also want you to kiss me on the lips hungrily and make love to me when we get home,” Baekhyun playfully smacked kai chest and Kai just chuckled and kissed the top of baekhyun head  in return.

 

 


 

 

 

as I told you before sorry if this is turn lame.