“Pilot part 1”

Sulli By Design

 “Pilot part 1”

 

It’s the first day Sulli and Minho go to high school. Minho and Sulli always goes to school together. They always use the old car Minho’s have. Minho and Sulli come from a simple family not too rich nor too poor. Minho’s dad n mom has passed away since he was high school. And now he lives with his troublematic brother TOP. Meanwhile Sulli lives with his brother, Siwon. Her father has passed away meanwhile Sulli’s mom left her since she was a baby.

*inside the car*

Minho is about to open the door when Sulli caught her arm.

“Can we just... wait?” asked Sulli

Minho looks around then looks at Sulli again “Wait? For what?”

“Oh, i don’t know, maybe for the humiliation to fade? Just a little.”

“my best friend isn’t change, she is already turn into a pretty girl but she thinks she is the nerd of the school.” Thought Minho while smiling.

“Okay.” said Minho

Sulli take a deep breath. She must be ready for everything. “Okay.”

Minho and Sulli walk casually ignoring all that eww looks from the other students. As usual, Sulli stnad by her locker with Minho by his side. Then that prince charming walks with his friends, Jung Yonghwa. The prince Sulli had been dreaming to get close of. But then again she has no courage.

“Oh yeaah.” Mock Minho while get his head close to Sulli. Sulli smirk

“He’s beautiful okay? You can’t blame me for looking.” said Sulli while walking.

“Whatever.”

“Maybe i’d be less inivsible if i tried out for cheerleading.”

“Hmm,” Minho has that seriously look to Sulli.

“I’m just thinking out loud here. That guy hasn’t made eye contact with me since seventh grade.”

“Yeah, well, i warned you to not let him touch your s.” Said Minho jokingly.

“Jerk,” Sulli punches Minho shoulder n he pretend to get hurt.

-inside class-

Sulli arrive last at class. But fortunately the bell hasn’t ring yet.

Nana keeps looking at Sulli.

“Remember everybody A.P world lit Midterm next Friday at 2:30. Now we’re gonna reviews Cervantes’ Don Quixote Chapter two” Said the teacher. Sulli write on the notebook that midterm will be held at Friday 2:30.

“Psst, Silly Sulli.” Said Nana

“Yes Nana,” said Sulli with fake smile.

“Where’d you get that outfit? Dondaemun’s market?” Mock Nana.

-Canteen-

“Don’t you wonder how it will be like?” asked Sulli to Minho.

“Of course as a guy, so we should think about it like every seconds or something.”

“No I didn’t mean eww.. i am not talking about that. I mean.. them.” Sulli looking at the group of rich students which Nana is in it. “It all looks so.. i don’t know, easy for them.”

“They look like tools.” Said Minho. Sulli replied “I think they look... happy.”

“I am happy, all right?” said Minho while eating apple.

“Of course you’re happy. You have me as a best friend. What more could you possibly want?” Minho ruffles Sulli’s hair before he meet Nana’s eyes.

-Sulli’s home , night-

Sulli has just arrived home when Siwon sits there looking at vegetarian pizza and keeps investigating it.

“Oppa!” called Sulli. “Oh hey sulli.”

Sulli walks toward Siwon and see the vegetarian pizza.

“What’s that?” asked Sulli.

“It’s a pizza.” Replied Siwon.

“What’s on it?” asked Sulli again.

“Not entirely sure. Various plant life, i think. Its a vegetarian pizza, your favorite.”

“You hate vegetarian pizza.”

“Since when?” asked Siwon

“Since last time i ordered and you said, ‘Why would something like this ever exist?.”

“I’ve decided to try new things.”

“Is one of the new things a job? How was your interview?”

Siwon said with smile “Not great, wasn’t a good match. Guy at the bank hired his cousin.” That makes Sulli sigh.

“Oppa, the job search its not..”

“It’s undercontrol okay?” Siwon tried to convince Sulli. Sulli just nodded. “Okay?” said Siwon again.

“Okay.” said Sulli. “Your oppa has it handled.” Sulli sigh again. “You Sulli just focus on this vegetarian pizza.” Siwon is pointing at the vegetarian pizza. Siwon added “I think that’s eggplant. Can’t wait for that. “ Siwon gestures Sulli to try it first, but Sulli refuses. So Siwon try it. After one bite. “Mmmmm.... Alright no, why would something like this ever exist.” Siwon goes to his room.

After Siwon goes to his room, Sulli had to think how she can help Siwon. She opens her laptop, tried to find a job. And then a fashion’s company name ‘Donovan Decker’ caught Sulli’s eyes. Sulli really loves fashion. She applies for the job.

-The next day-

Sulli had to go to Kim Sarang, her counselour teacher to get permit that she would do that job in ‘Donovan Decker’. She said it would just be an internship.

“I don’t know Sulli. You’d have to sign up for the career internship program, which means leaving the school at 11:30 everyday, which i am sure has silver lining, but look, you’d have be sacrificing a huge part of your school experience.” Explain Sarang.

“I get it, i do.” Said Sulli, then Sulli added “But you know, it’s not like i’m at the center of the social universe around here as it is.”

“Is this about your brother? If it’s a money thing...”

Sulli cut “No.. Yeah. I mean you know i could help out, which is good. Siwon oppa’s been carrying everything since our dad died. I mean he had to leave college just to take care of me.”

“What about your mom? Maybe she could help out.”

“Well you know, i mean if you can find her let me know. Look i want to take care of Siwon Oppa. I do. But this is about my future too. Straight A’s aren’t enough anymore. Not if you need a full ride. Which i do. This could be my shot, it could be my ticket to Parsons.” And seems like Sulli can convince Sarang to allow him.

-Train station-

Minho drives Sulli to train station.

“Dude, i still can’t believe she said yes.” Said Minho while looking at Sulli.

“Yeah, well i have to get my internship first. It is not over yet.” Said Sulli then she alights from car.

“Wait, so tell me again why you can’t just drive to the city.”

“With this old car? Are you kidding? It wouldn’t make it into the city. I’ll see you tomorrow!”

“Peace. Be careful Sulli.” Minho’s phone chimming. He gets a message from Nana when can i c u?

-City-

Sulli has arrived at the office of Donovan Decker.

“Excuse me, i have an appointmenent with Human Resources.” Said Sulli to a girl. The girl just point out the place.

A girl name Stella comes in at the Human Resources room. “Choi Sunny.” Called Stell while fixinf her paperwork. Who is Choi Sunny? Thought Sulli. No one give a respon. “Sunny?” Stella tried to find the right name but her paperwork is disorganized and fall. And this is the start Sulli has juggling two life one in high fashion and one in high school.

“Oh, that’s great.” Said Stella , try to fix her paperworks on the floor. Sulli helps her out. “Thank you.”

“I’m Sulli. I might be the one you’re looking for. Choi Sulli?”

“Oh, oh yes okay. okay i’m sorry my paperworks are a mess. Follow me.”

Sulli follows Stella into an office. There is a sofa an HD TV. “We’re here, and if you wanna take a seat. Boss Hyori will be with you in a minute. Oh, and good luck. You’re gonna need it.”

“Thanks,” said Sulli when Stella out from the office. While waiting her new boss, Lee Hyori Sulli looks around the office. She is playing with the jar, a lion statue, chewing bubble gum. Sulli’s belt seems tighten, she stands up to fix it. Backing the HD TV, when Hyori appears on that TV and see Sulli fixing her belt.

“Am I interrupting something?” said Hyori from the TV while she is holding her phone.

“Oh.. Uh.. Oh.. Hi!” Sulli backs to h er seat.

“And you are?” Hyori still looking her phone.

“Sulli. Choi Sulli.”

“Stand up.” Ask Hyori, “Turn around.” Sulli obeyed every Hyori’s command.

“You have a trained eye, a bit juvenile, but the belt’s good.” Said Hyori

“Thanks, i made it. My dad always said i got it from my mom. Cause she used to make all her own clothes and stuff.”

“And now?”

“Excuse me?”

“What does your mother do now?” asked Hyori, she has that cold face.

“I.. I don’t know actually. She left when i was a baby.”

“Tragic.” Said Hyori flatly

“Sit. I’ll get straight to it Sunni,” “It’s Sulli.” But Hyori didn’t hear

“I don’t have a lot of time. I’m in Bangkok and i have a meeting in five. Thing is, Sunni..”

“Sulli,”

“I average an assistant or two a month. You.. you make it a week, I’ll be shocked. Your office hours are part-time becuase my work keeps me on the road, but make no mistake about it. I expect perfection. And you. For as long as you can hack it, will be my beck and call girl. You will roll my calls, manage my schedule, track my shipment, and you will not make mistakes. Have i made myself clear?”

“Yes, of course.” Said Sulli nervously. “I just have a question about my intern..”

“Starting salary is 32000.” Sulli gasp “Dollars?”

“No, cupcakes, yes dollars.” Said Hyori. “But..” Sulli looks at the job she applied. Excecutive Assistant. Oh God she didn’t apply for this. “Oh! Oh no, no, I think I’m..”

“Fine 34,000 cupcakes and an expense account. Take it or leave it.” Sulli has to take it. She has to. “i’ll take it.”

-

Stella takes Sulli around to look at the office of Donovan Decker.

“Hyori is the senior acssiorie designer, She’s on the road at least 300 days a year. Paris, India, Tokyo.”

“Why?” asked Sulli to Stella. “Purchasing. Developing the line. You see a belt on the shelf. Hyori found it somewhere halfway across the world and sent it back for mass production. Michael Diaz, She’s his favorite director.”

And then Sulli and Stella see someone with tan skin n nice body, she is scolding an employee.

“And that is associate designer. Kwon Yuri, directly beneath Hyori.” Yuri still scolding the employee. She seems scary “She’s scary.” Said Stella.

“Okay so, marketing, distribution, catalog, P.R, and the center of it all. Creative.”

Sulli sees a handsome guy, still measuring a clothes. “Ah and our new senior designer, Kim Bum.”

“I’ve totally heard of him. He’s like the next Tom Ford. Stars of the Parsons. He’s supposed to be incredible.” Said Sulli, then Stella added “That’s what all ladies saying around here are saying.”

“Oh Yeah?” Sulli looks at Stella, and she nodded. “Oh, right.” “Come on i’ll show you where we have lunch.”

-Kim Bum’s POV-

Kim Bum sees the new employee. Then Yuri comes and hit the desk.

“hello, Yuri.” Called Kim Bum. “Did you tell Michael to kill the fabric pendants for spring?”

“Yeah, yeah i did yeah.” Said Kim Bum smiling. “Why would you do that?”

“I mean they were ruining the jacket. It was completely wrong. Had to be done.”

“Without talking to me first?!” “Oh I’m sorry. Really i am.” Kim Bum apologized and touch Yuri’s shoulder. But she shoves it. Then Kim Bum talk again. “But the jacket looks so much better without it. Forgive me.”

“No!” now Yuri shouts. “I Don’t forgive you. You can’t just show up here, flash your smile and play all nicey-nice, and then kill my line. Next time you got a problem. Talk to me first. Don’t go over my head.” Yuri warns Kim Bum and pointing at her chin. She turns back

“Uh, I really sorry. I am.”

“YOU !” Yuri shouts out loud.

-

“So, Hyori’s been through a few assistans huh?” Stella laughs. “Yeah, that’s an understatement.” With Stella’s sentence. Sulli being worried.

“Look I hope she will accept you. You seem really nice, Sulli. But Hyori, I mean she didn’t get to the top without crushing a few souls on the way up. I spent four hours talking her last sobbing assistant out of a bathroom stall. My advice? Don’t take it personally. I’ll see u later okay?”

-

Sulli walks in the office again and holding her sandwiches n eat it. Kim Bum sees her n tried to catch up.

“Looks delicious,” said Kim Bum.

“Oh yeah, it is.” Said Sulli and she surprised who is she taling to. “Does that actually work for you/” asked Sulli.

“Most of the time, yeah.” Answered Kim Bum. “Really, that’s wow.. shcoking.”

“It’s the accent. Pretty much say anything and get away with it.” Sulli chuckles. “Well at least you can admit it.”

“You know i haven’t see you around before.”

“That’s because its my first day.” Said Sulli proudly. “oh, I am Kim Bum.” They shake hands. “Choi Sulli.” “Pleasure. Well back to work. You should come by sometime. I’m in design. I’m always around, working late, so i can give you some advice on being the new kid. Nice to  meet you, Sulli.”

-

Sulli is wiping and then she sees a lipstick and use it. Suddenly, Stella comes in.

“Hey, just wanted to get you started on some paperwork. Photo identification, home adress, W-2 I-9, bank account information. Oh! We have a really great retirement plan. Are you okay?” Stella notice that worried look on Sulli’s face.

“Yeah, I just.. Um I’ll need to bring this stuff in on Monday, if that’s okay?”

“Sure but Monday at the latest. Cause i can get you started working until i have all the paperwork. You know corporate policy.”

“Right, of course.” What to do? Sulli is an teenager, meanwhile the requirement should be an adult. How could she fakes her identity. There’s only one person who can help,  Minho.

-Home-

The phone ringing.

“Hello,” said Sulli.

“...”

“Yeah, hold on a second. Uh, Oppa? Siwon Oppa? He’s not available, can i take a message?”

“...”

“Look, i know we’re a little late on the payments but, wait. How many behind are we?”

“...”

“That many.” Sulli looks at the paperwork she brings. She needs it.

“I’ll take over the payments. We’ll be caught up in three months. That’s all i need.”

“...”

“No, i’m not his wife. I am his sister.”

-

Minho already come to Sulli’s house because she said she needs him. They sit on the sofa.

“You’ll never get away with it.” Said Minho.

“Not without you, i wont. You’re the only one that can help.” Sulli pledge.

“Help you forge illegal documents? That’s like a felony.”

“Don’t be so dramatic. I mean you made all of your brother’s fake ID.”

“Yeah he was going to dive bars, not taking someone’s job.”

“I understand the risk Minho. but i have to do something. They’re going to take our house.” Sulli almost cry.

“No, don’t don’t cry. You know i don’t like it when ladies cry.” Minho sighs.

“So you’ll help me?”

“You don’t have to do this, Siwon, he wouldn’t want you to do this.”

“Siwon Oppa won’t know. And it’s not just for him. I need this Minho.” Sulli pledge again. Minho looks at Sulli’s eyes. “Fine, I’ll do it.”

“Yes!” said Sulli happily and hugged Minho until he laying on the sofa and Sulli is in top of him. His lips touch Sulli’s cheek.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa but on one condition.”

-

Minho takes Sulli to the school’s party.

“This? This was your one condition?”

Minho scoofs. “ We don’t get out much right? Sue me.”

Minho walk hand in hand with Sulli toward the building.

“Now what?” asked Sulli.

“I don’t know. Just go get a drink or something, i’ll be right back.” Minho was about to leave when Sulli catches his arm. “Wait! You’re leaving me?”

Minho touches Sulli’s cheeck and caressing it. “Dude, i have to go to the bathroom, relax. I’ll be back in second. Sulli tried to walk around. But she bumped into someone, and that someone is yonghwa.

“Oh!” Sulli surprised.

“Hey, how you been, Sulli?” asked Yonghwa. “Good, good. You know how it is, same old, same old. So.” The atmosphere becomes akward. Yonghwa scratch her ear. And Sulli her lips n sighing nervously. “How are you?” asked Sulli. “Oh, I’ve been great. Um, i like your cheetah thing.” Said Yonghwa pointing at Sulli’s cheetah jacket. “Oh this? Thanks. It’s fake. Faux. You know raaawwrr. It’s a sweater.” They chuckles. “Well,..”

“Yeah you should go mingle at the party with the partygoers.” Said Sulli.

“Its good to see you.” “You too.”

-

Minho meets Nana at the back.

“What r u doing here?” asked Nana.

“I can come to a party, if i want Nana. You can’t stop me. All right? All u need to stop being mean to Sulli. Okay? she hasn’t done anything to you, so just leave her alone.”

“Or what?”

Nana takes Minho to a room that has a bed. She pushes him until Minho lying on the bed. They kiss. The kiss wass so passionate. When Nana starts kissing Minho’s neck.

“Stop,” said Minho. “Seriously, stop.” Minho stands up. “ What is this?”

“What r u talking about?” Nana is confuse.

“This.  Us. Sneaking around for past three months. I don’t get it. You’ve forbidden me from telling a soul. I mean, we don’t speak at school.”

“I like you, Minho.” “Why?” “I don’t know, i just do. Maybe because my father would hate it.” Nana stands up from bed and walk closer to Minho touching his chest. “You know, that’s great.”

Minho walks away. “I am joking.” Said Nana, “I don’t think you are Nana, okay? all your daddy issues aside, the whole secret lover thing. It’s really starting to eat away my soul.”

“Your what?” asked Nana with her seducing voice. “Soul, A person’s moral n emotional sense of identity.” “See, that’s what i love about you. Your brains are hot.”

-

Meanwhile Sulli waiting outside for Minho besides the pool. She has waiting for him like half an hour. And then Sulli sees Minho.

“Yo! Over here!” called Sulli. “Wassup?” asked minho. “Where the frack have u been? It’s been like half an hour.” Sulli notices something on Minho’s lips.”long line,” said Minho.

“What is that on your face?” asked Sulli. She touches Minho lips “Is that..” Sulli hasn’t complete her words yet but Nana push her to the pool that made Sulli screams. Minho surprised. “ I don’t like her touching you.” Said Nana. “Geez, Nana!” Minho is mad at Nana. But then a bunch of guys push Minho to the pool too. They are all laughing.

But, Minho and Sulli having fun at the pool.

“This was such a good idea, Minho.” “See, i told you. You’ll have a good time.” Sulli hugs Minho that makes him drown for a second and that start playing around.

 

 

 

to my dear readers, every chapter that i update will be so so long. so if you don't have much time better read it when you have a free time. this story is based to Jane by Design, the stories is the same. it would be just some of minsul moment. i hope you like it, feel free to comment. but don't use harsh words.

follow me @ssullipop