001

Crescendo

I hate my life. I wish was not born into this world. I wish I was born into the parallel side of this world where I can be normal. Where my life can be normal. I can read people. I can see their past and future. But I have no power to change them, to make things worse, each time I take a peek of their life, a scar would appear on my body.

At first,I did not know. I discovered this ability of mine when I was in middle school. I realised that what I’ve been seeing is not just a part of my imagination. Ugly scars would appear on my body, covering every inch of my body except for my face.

That, is one of the reasons why I always wear a pull over and jeans. Nothing else. Living in the 21st century is hard for me. Kids are mean. They really are. I am the kid who no one wants to be friend with. Because I am so quiet and I don’t talk to anyone, they think I am weird. They pushed me away. They made me feel unwanted.

I.N.S.E.C.U.R.E.

That is what I’m made of. Not a tiny piece of confidence can be found in me. I never feel pretty. Do you know how it feels like? Can any of you relate with me?

Another day in school passes by. Here, I am nothing but air. They don’t see me. They never see me. I sit on my chair, staring into open space, wishing this day would end quickly.

“Sabrina?”

The clock strikes 12.00pm. Great, still a long way to go.

“Sabrina Song?”

I want to get out of here. I really do. I don’t know why but I feel extra anxious today. I want to jump out of the window and run back home.

“SABRINA SONG LU NA!”

I stand up. Not aware of my surroundings, I stood up and stare at my teacher, who has flames in her eyes and smoke coming out of her ears. I never liked this old grumpy teacher.

“Are you still here with us?”

I wish I am not.

“Yes Miss.”

“Very well. Please pay attention and keep your soul in here.”

I can hear kids snickering and laughing.

 

 Finally, the bell rings and we’re dismissed. I make my way to the exit with my head down as usual. I walk back home. I always do. I like how to cool breeze brushes my skin.

I always have my headphone on and my snapback covering my face. It’s the only way to make me not pay attention to people around me. I am sick of them. Sick of their future and past. Every time I make eye contact, I’ll get to know them. And a scar will appear on my body. And trust me, it’s is not fun at all. Halfway home, I continue walking and unintentionally bumped into a stranger.

Records and cassettes are scattered everywhere. Heck, am I in trouble again? I bend down to help the strangers with his things.

“I am so sorry I did not see you coming at all”

 I’m used to that. I’ve always been invisible. The thought rings in my head. “No, I’m sorry. I’m the one with my ear plugged and ear closed. Not your fault that I was not paying attention while walking.”

He chuckled.

“Then we’re both at fault.” He nonchalantly say.

I brought my face up to look at him and we made eye contact. Nothing. I see absolutely nothing. No past no future. For the first time in my life, I am actually looking at someone without having trouble to focus at all. I am actually staring into his eyes without seeing anything.

‘Whoa girl, chill. It seems like lasers are going to form in your eyes.”

“S-Sorry.” I gathered his things and passed them to him before I flee home. This is a new thing for me. Ever since I developed this ability, not even one person that I have made eye contact with can get away without having me to read them. Except for both of my parents of course. I told them about my condition and they made me keep this a secret. “No one must know” they said. “Be careful with your words” they said.

I unlocked the door and went in to see the house empty. I was so excited to tell my mom, hoping that she could give me an answer. But I came home to see the darkness. Nothing.

Then I feel it. A pair of hands grabbing me and pulling me to the side, and I fell into the darkness before I can scream for help.

 

 

 

 

~Yay first chap is up! i like to keep it short and simple but i hope it's not too short and boring for you guys! do you like it? Tell me about it! ^^~