Little White Lies

Distorted Memories

Tao woke up from his dream, petrified. It was one of his biggest fears: to see Sehun suffer.

The flashback started. His screams replayed in his head. The more it repeated, the more it sounded like despair. 

Everything was still vivid in his mind. It looked like it rained blood. Sehun cried tears of blood. Everything was blood red.

January 13, 2015, that day kept on popping on Tao's head. Indeed, the car accident.

That day is the last day in his life that Tao wanted to back to. It was the memory he wanted to erase the most.

Not much has changed since that day as they try to forget that day and erase it from their memories.

However, there was one significant change: as the days fly by, memories became blurrier, distorted, for that one person, Sehun. 

"Hyung, are you okay?" a voice came from above. It was Sehun, calling from his bunk bed in the dorm room. "It's flowing out, hyung." 

Tao, unknowingly cried thinking about that day, 13/01/15. He was willing to do anything, just to not see Sehun suffer.

"Sehun-yah, the question is Are you okay?" Tao replied back, holding his tears

okay? okay. 

"I'm fine, hyung," Sehun answered, with a shaky voice. Something was not right. 

-

Sehun's POV

"A little white lie won't hurt right?" he asked himself.

"No, Sehun, it won't, the reality is too harsh for him. It will hurt him more. The time for him to know will eventually come," a voice inside him replied.

"As much as I want him to know the truth, I want him to be happy," he continued.

-

"Sehun, take this," Tao said, passing a box of tissue, while giving off a fake smile.

"Hyung, everything will be alright," Sehun added. Tears filled his eyes and finally, it slid down his cheek. "I promise, hyung."

"We'll go through the ups and down of life together, right?" Tao asked, giving up holding his tears back.

"Definitely, hyung, trust me," Sehun stammered. It was hard for his words to escape his mouth. "Rest, hyung. Remember, the past is a history and the future is a mystery."